Poll: What do you think of LFR?

What do you think about LFR?

Since there's been a bit of talk about LFR, I figured I'd do up a little poll here. Might be interesting to see the results!

I like LFR! For the non-raid guilded player who likes PVE, it's pretty much the best thing to happen to the game ever.
    I'm mostly happy with ToT LFR, it's got exactly the right level of difficulty something of it's type should have, and the death-buff, so far, in the groups I've been in, has actually helped keep people together, and push through stuff and actually *gasp* learn from their mistakes. This is exactly what it should be doing. The only part I don't like is the last two tiers having two-week gates. (If it were up to me, I'd of just made the last wing a two week gate, if you had to two-week gate something, or something. But whatever.)

Deleted
    Its fine as it is, its better that they spread content out instead of bunching it up as people would do it all on day one and then whine that they are bored.

Removed or changed so that the players have more control like it was originally designed.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    It shouldn't be delayed at all.

Both Heroic and LFR are locked for a week behind Normal difficulty. This is the only time I can think of where Medium difficulty is unlocked before Easy and Hard.

Hopefully with the increasing difficulty of LFR the LFR achievements might actually be worth something to raiding guilds now.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

I can honestly say, I can't think of a single positive to come out of removing it, aside from a benefit to a small number of raiders that feel like they have to run it.

I understand the necessity of delaying it, even though I disagree with it (as said, it's so people don't get bored after the patch lands. Which is kind of absurd. It's basically agreeing that they don't have a whole bunch of content to offer a certain group of people... so to keep them paying money, they artificially delay the content. But whatever. I'm just glad I have content at all.)
    Man, I still remember when LFR was first announced. I had unsubbed because I pretty much had nothing to do in the game at that point and was bored. I remember exactly what my reaction was. 1) I'll resub when they add it (As that was my mantra for a long time, that was quiting for good until something like that got added to the game) and 2) I sure bet the elitists are gonna be mad about this! (And boy were they ever!)

---------- Post added 2013-03-24 at 03:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post

Both Heroic and LFR are locked for a week behind Normal difficulty. This is the only time I can think of where Medium difficulty is unlocked before Easy and Hard.

Hopefully with the increasing difficulty of LFR the LFR achievements might actually be worth something to raiding guilds now.
    Considering they still wrongfully proclaim LFR to be exactly the same as hitting training dummies, I really, really, really doubt it. Those people are stuffed into their own ways, and it's hard for them to understand the plight of others.
    Last edited by Otimus; 2013-03-24 at 03:32 PM.

Deleted

LFR achievements wont mean much to any serious raiding guild, logs from a LFR run were you bring your A+ play might do however.

10+ Year Old Account
    With regard to the gating, which is what this thread appears to be about, I'm just fine with it.

Only thing I'd change about LFR is that I'd remove "Increased Health" and "Decreased Damage Taken" from the new wipe buff. In tandem these buffs are quite overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    LFR achievements wont mean much to any serious raiding guild, logs from a LFR run were you bring your A+ play might do however.
    yes. I would consider a log for a player who joined a boss fresh after the raid wiped 5 times.................not.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    yes. I would consider a log for a player who joined a boss fresh after the raid wiped 5 times.................not.
    What WOULD you consider from a person whom has never raided?

10+ Year Old Account
    Then clearly LFR 5.4 needs to be even harder than LFR 5.2.

Problem is then turned into "LFR raiders can only jump up to Normal raiding guilds at the end of an expansion". Unless LFR achievements are never good enough for Normal raiding guilds...

Not sure what Blizzard can do to try to solve the community problem they've had since Firelands.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Then clearly LFR 5.4 needs to be even harder than LFR 5.2.

Problem is then turned into "LFR raiders can only jump up to Normal raiding guilds at the end of an expansion". Unless LFR achievements are never good enough for Normal raiding guilds...

Not sure what Blizzard can do to try to solve the community problem they've had since Firelands.
    I'd argue the community has had this problem since they added achievements in the first place. Not that I think achievements should be removed, or whatever. But it'd be nice if they could find some damned way to not enable the community to be douchebags to people who legitimately deserve a try and want to put in a little bit of effort.

Deleted
    To be honest, I'm not a big fan of LFRs. I prefer normal raids with my guild but I don't think this is bad.
    So I'm neutral of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    What WOULD you consider from a person whom has never raided?
    A person who has NEVER stepped into a raid? I would offer them a position in one of our groups that is running old content that the core is beyond. They would be paired up with a number of other experienced players who would point them in the right direction to research their spec, point them at the proper way to pick your loot out of heroic 5 mans, point them at the resources available to properly maximize their toon etc. I would then watch their progress and decide over a short period of time if they are more suited to move up to a group that is running progression content or not.

It is fairly easy to see if someone has the skills to raid very early on.

But there would be little way to see that the player had potential with no proof to back them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    I think you missed my point there, a achievement from LFR tells nothing, a WoL session on the other hand gives potential recruiters a chance to analyze his play, while rare there is excellent players just lacking experience in the current tier.

I think you missed my point there, a achievement from LFR tells nothing, a WoL session on the other hand gives potential recruiters a chance to analyze his play, while rare there is excellent players just lacking experience in the current tier.
    granted. but most average level guilds would rather the ease of seeing what they player had completed and gained than pick through a bunch of logs. I will readily admit that I hate having to take the time to pick through someone elses logs. I spend too much time having to do that with players already in group that we are looking to refine.