Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Most people probably forgot this music by now...

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by pandaman View Post
    Nah this is where quite a few of my Alliance toons call "home". Nothing will replace IF. <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did everyone leave IF again? Was it the smell?

I stopped playing for a bit in WotLK and came back in Cata to see my favorite city become a ghost town.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2013-03-24 at 08:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Why did everyone leave IF again? Was it the smell?
    Because Blizz thought it would be a great idea to have all the portals in Shitwind.
    There is loads of places in IF that could accommodate the various portals.

Opposite the lock trainer there is a fishing pool, Drain the pool
    Around the pond near the priest trainers.
    Loads of room in Old IF.

But Noooooo we have to go to a city, with an open sky and has been half destroyed by a dragon. You dont see IF Being damaged by dragons. Its built under a blooming mountain!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Because Blizz thought it would be a great idea to have all the portals in Shitwind.

Loads of room in Old IF.

But Noooooo we have to go to a city, with an open sky and has been half destroyed by a dragon. You dont see IF Being damaged by dragons. Its built under a blooming mountain!
    Ah, I see... good old IF... the place I spent during most of my newb years, mostly because it was a great place to beg for gold (Which is very rarely seen today)

Yea, odd how blizzard tries to say "USE DA HOLE WOOUUUURRLLLD PLX" with recent changes inn some aspects, but lets other places go 100% deserted, that could have some use.

Trough sometimes it can also be practical to have most players inn one place.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I've definately not forgotten this song, loved it since vanilla. Sadly I'm like 95% Horde, so I don't hear it that often

2:45 - 3:20 is the best part of that song, it makes WoW feel WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally don't understand why they decided to make Stormwind the only viable capital for the Alliance, either. Why not make all the cities contain the same darn things that people want to use? Would certainly get people to leave Stormwind more often.

I see quite a few people there whenever I happen to pass by.

I would go back to ally just to sit in IF and listen to this, but IF is empty now, do you guys remember where the only ah was in if and was also called lagforge?

i loved that song!

Deleted
    I'll never forget. Even back in the days when shatt or dalaran were... you know, the main hubs of everything, IF was That Place (perhaps because non-engineers couldn't use AH in dala). The horde could never stand a chance while attempting to do harm to Magni. Speaking of whom... /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post

Loads of room in Old IF.

? we have to go to a city, with an open sky and has been half destroyed by a dragon. You dont see IF Being damaged by dragons. Its built under a blooming mountain!
    Bitter much ? .

That's not why at all. We lived in Ironforge until TBC. Then we lived in Shattrath, which introduced the idea of a cross faction capitol with a network of portals. We still had to go back to Azeroth though for the auction house. At the time, Shattrath had portals to every city, which was really kind of cool because you could pick your favorite without worrying about access to reforging or void storage or a barber shop.

After years of being stuck in Ironforge, Stormwind became the most popular city on many servers to see people in, when we had an equal choice of cities.
    Then came Dalaran, and the cycle pretty much stayed the same.

But in Cataclysm, they did away with a neutral city. We had no high level place to call home. And Stormwind was revamped and Orgrimmar to breath life back into classic Vanilla WOW. Cataclysm was supposed to be Vanilla WOW 2, it's plot lines were all a sequel to Nefarion and Ragnaros. Making Stormwind the Alliance capitol was pretty cool at first, I think. But at this point, I miss having the choice, but I really miss the days of Ironforge being our faction capitol.

Massive pvp battles would break out in Ashenvale that would last all day on my PVE RP server, and we would have to call for reinforcements from Ironforge, traveling around the world felt so huge back then. I miss that.
    Last edited by Yig; 2013-03-24 at 09:53 PM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    WHAT !!!!

It's changed ?

I haven't been to IF in years I think, or if I have I definitely didn't have music on.

Now I must go to IF and hear the new music.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    WHAT !!!!

It's changed ?

I haven't been to IF in years I think, or if I have I definitely didn't have music on.

Now I must go to IF and hear the new music.
    No no, the music is still there, it's just that people barely visit Ironforge anymore because Stormwind (Orgrimmar for Horde) is the hub where you got everything.

So... How many Horde players remembers this soundtrack?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L746XeAoQoA

Deleted
    I have never liked Stormwind. I did always hang in IF or Darnassus. Miss it

10+ Year Old Account
    I came in half expecting Gangnam style

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    No no, the music is still there, it's just that people barely visit Ironforge anymore because Stormwind (Orgrimmar for Horde) is the hub where you got everything.
    Whew, that scared me.

Some of my fondest memories in this game have involved being alone and hearing the ambient music/zone music while leveling my very first time.

Such as the Westfall music back in classic (I don't know if it's different now), I remember hearing dying boars for hours in a field and that music plays that sounds like people wandering around, I have no idea how to explain it, but a certain part of it always sticks in my head and I'm reminded of that time.

Also reminds of the horribly bad hardware I was playing on 8 years ago.

Those were the days, nothing else mattered except seeing zones, not mounts, gear, achievements, titles, none of that mattered and some didn't exist yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CUGauMEWJg

Here's the music, I couldn't find the part that "kicks" over, it goes from "floaty music" to a kick-over or someone hitting a drum and sounds like rattling things...

^ probably the worst description in history.

Edit - I listened to the entire song, it's not there.

Perhaps this is new music or what I remember was actually part of some environmental ambient track.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Stormwind. Even when Ironforge was the primary Alliance hub, I kept my hearth there on my Alliance main and just trammed to Ironforge for the auction house and whatnot.

I don't have to miss the music; have all the soundtracks. I like the WoW music a lot.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Even when Ironforge was the primary Alliance hub
    Refresh my memory. When was this?

If was always my FCCoC (Faction Capital City of Choice)