Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    We healed the nhc contet most times with 2 Heals (Hpalyl and Schamie/SmitePriest) Iron qon and lei shen were 3 heals for us the rest is very easy for 2 heal.

Deleted
    2 healed Tortos heroic 10man. Paldadin, monk. np

Deleted
    Could you link your logs please tomoshibi?

Quote Originally Posted by Gramla View Post
    Could you link your logs please tomoshibi?
    It was with a disc priest rather than a monk but heres our logs of heroic Tortos: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4536&e=4953

Obviously this would be much easier with a prot pally or even a DK.

As for the op. Pretty much everything is 2 healable on normal except for Megaera. 3 heals can make a fair few easier. And no holy paladins have not been nerfed, we were changed very little in the new patch. On most fights your paladin should be able to outheal anything except a disc priest.

Quote Originally Posted by PalawinFC View Post
    It was with a disc priest rather than a monk but heres our logs of heroic Tortos: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4536&e=4953

Obviously this would be much easier with a prot pally or even a DK.

As for the op. Pretty much everything is 2 healable on normal except for Megaera. 3 heals can make a fair few easier. And no holy paladins have not been nerfed, we were changed very little in the new patch. On most fights your paladin should be able to outheal anything except a disc priest.
    how in the fuck are you good enough to do 100k HPS on tortos, but obviously not superhuman if you think magaera needs to be 3 healed (which it doesn't)

i honestly dont understand how you can get that kind of throughput unless you're ONLY aoe healing and even then you'd have to not be moving that much which with turtles and rockfalls seems impossible

Edit: also how would you handle the transition phases on lei shen without 3 healing? I guess with luck or class stacking its possible, but it doesnt seem reasonable unless I'm missing something

edit again: looks like 1HP EF blanketting nearly the entire fight.. is that really viable? what is it about your tortos strategy that does so little spike damage to the raid that EF blanketting works? at least on 10N, we'd have some people almost die instantly from 5-10 rockfalls near them (and therefore require large, inefficient direct healing) while others took almost no damage. Tank spike damage was also severe further detracting from our ability to use slow and/or aoe heals. Your priest didn't even use spirit shell, which is very strange to me.

Edit again: just figured out the heroic mechanic which pretty much explains everything.
    Last edited by dennisdkramer; 2013-03-24 at 09:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been mostly 2 healing everything up to and including Twins (Horridon, Dark Animus and maybe one more fight we 3 healed) with me (Hpala) and either a resto shammy, or on Magaera a Disc priest (3 healing encounters we had those 3 classes). Myself in 502-503 gear (Got an upgrade), the two other healers in 510+. S'been fun, a few close calls, but they still went down.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    how in the fuck are you good enough to do 100k HPS on tortos, but obviously not superhuman if you think magaera needs to be 3 healed (which it doesn't)

i honestly dont understand how you can get that kind of throughput unless you're ONLY aoe healing and even then you'd have to not be moving that much which with turtles and rockfalls seems impossible

Edit: also how would you handle the transition phases on lei shen without 3 healing? I guess with luck or class stacking its possible, but it doesnt seem reasonable unless I'm missing something

edit again: looks like 1HP EF blanketting nearly the entire fight.. is that really viable? what is it about your tortos strategy that does so little spike damage to the raid that EF blanketting works? at least on 10N, we'd have some people almost die instantly from 5-10 rockfalls near them (and therefore require large, inefficient direct healing) while others took almost no damage. Tank spike damage was also severe further detracting from our ability to use slow and/or aoe heals. Your priest didn't even use spirit shell, which is very strange to me.

Edit again: just figured out the heroic mechanic which pretty much explains everything.
    I haven't seen many normal mode guilds that could 2 heal Megaera (especially without a prot pally), and seeing as the dps requirement is pretty much non existent I can't imagine why you wouldn't want to 3 heal it. (as for me being "not good enough" here's our normal Megaera kill last week: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b...e=5032#Palawin).

Lei Shen normal 2 healing is easier than you'd think. More dps means shorter phases = less energy on crystals. The transitions can be messy but as long as you coordinate soaking and have either a) offheals or b) one healer good enough to get multiple quadrants its manageable. (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o...?s=3379&e=3850)

And yes tortos heroic Crystal Shell mechanic changes things a bit.

Anyway there are definitely some 3 heal fights on heroic so you don't want to limit your roster by only having 2 healers, but if you're only doing normal modes then your offspec healer is going to be doing a lot of dpsing.

Quote Originally Posted by PalawinFC View Post
    I haven't seen many normal mode guilds that could 2 heal Megaera (especially without a prot pally), and seeing as the dps requirement is pretty much non existent I can't imagine why you wouldn't want to 3 heal it. (as for me being "not good enough" here's our normal Megaera kill last week: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b...e=5032#Palawin).
    I tried to choose my words so as to not imply I didnt think you were good enough, just how crazy it was that you did 100k on tortos given my understanding of the healing patterns on normal.

I didnt even think of the implications of less conduit energy from 2 healing lei shen.. Which conduits did you overload in order to make it more manageable that way? We've been 3 healing and destroying Diffusion Chain. I think we'll kill it tonight, but I'm just curious

Deleted
    First week: 490 holydin moi + 492 disc priest: jinrokh, easily 2 healed, no mana issues. horridon: 2 healed, bad interrupts, mana issues. council: 3 healed with monk, no mana issues. tortos, 2 healed, no issues. megaera: impossible to 2 heal, 3 healed with monk + ele putting down healing rains on barrage; wiped a few times, mana was ok when managed. ji kun: 2 healed, me on main platform whole time, mana tight but ok

Second week: 501 holydin, 500 disc priest: jin rokh, horridon, tortos, jikun - easily 2 healed. megaera still impossible to 2 heal, 3 healed with monk. council 3 healed. druumu - learnt with 3 healers, dropped to 2 for kill. fine on mana. primordius - dont remember. dark animus - 2 healed, no issues. iron qon - 3 healed with monk, no issues. twins - 2 healed, no issues. lei shen - 2 healed, but wiped for a few hours on it and we had a proper strategy for each mechanic

3rd week: 506 holydin, 507 disc priest: jinrokh hc 3 healed, horrible fight for holydins. only cleared 5 more on normal so far this week, all the same but horridon becomes extremely easy, and megaera is 2 healable.

I tried to choose my words so as to not imply I didnt think you were good enough, just how crazy it was that you did 100k on tortos given my understanding of the healing patterns on normal.

I didnt even think of the implications of less conduit energy from 2 healing lei shen.. Which conduits did you overload in order to make it more manageable that way? We've been 3 healing and destroying Diffusion Chain. I think we'll kill it tonight, but I'm just curious
    Yeah there is a lot of burst damage on normal. On heroic you have a permanent spirit shell mechanic so theres very little overhealing and you just heal up the shield to maximum to absorb the burst damage. Which means the healing pattern is more similar to constant drawn out damage (with big tank burst damage thrown in to boot).

On Lei Shen we got rid of bouncing bolts, we found that once we didnt have to soak, the positioning requirements were much easier. On the second transition each quadrant can just spread loosely then stack up for static shock and overcharged. We also made a point of spending a bit of time sitting with him unconnected to a pillar and healing through the aoe damage (to make the transitions as easy as possible). A lot of guilds like to get rid of static shock, but to be honest i'd say any combination is viable, so if you're close to killing it then changing your strat might be more harmful than helpful.
    I didn't handle overcharge very well at all on our kill (hazard of trying to heal 3 quadrants - i tended to just ignore it) but if you want to see the video you can see the healing requirement wasn't really that bad, I died on the second transition and still finished the fight with 100k mana and plea due to come up. Also for reference my tortos hc PoV should be up later today on the same youtube channel.

Anyway, as I said, most fights 2 healable ( I guess all ) on normal, but theres a few where 3 healing it is probably the smarter strategy, particularly while you're learning it.

10+ Year Old Account

Lei Shen is not hard to 2 heal at all if everyone is doing what they are supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    Lei Shen is not hard to 2 heal at all if everyone is doing what they are supposed to.
    Probably depends on your group makeup too - we have relatively few dps with magic damage immunities or major reductions. Enhancement shamans, for example, don't have much they can do to mitigate shock consistently. Hunter as well, since I don't think deterrance can 'deflect' the damage of a debuff that's already on you. Boomkin can at least heal themselves easily, but don't have a significant reduction. If we had 3 mages (just as an example) instead, of course it would be a cakewalk. Of course there are probably additional ways to make it easier to 2 heal such as not increasing the energy of the shock conduit. I'd definitely be interested to try it, but we got it down pretty easily by 3 healing so.. maybe some other time :P

Hunter as well, since I don't think deterrance can 'deflect' the damage of a debuff that's already on you.
    You'd be wrong. Static Shock is not a DoT otherwise, you'd be able to Hand of Purity it.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlolz View Post
    You'd be wrong. Static Shock is not a DoT otherwise, you'd be able to Hand of Purity it.
    ... I never suggested it was a periodic damage effect, just that it's a debuff, which it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably depends on your group makeup too - we have relatively few dps with magic damage immunities or major reductions. Enhancement shamans, for example, don't have much they can do to mitigate shock consistently. Hunter as well, since I don't think deterrance can 'deflect' the damage of a debuff that's already on you. Boomkin can at least heal themselves easily, but don't have a significant reduction. If we had 3 mages (just as an example) instead, of course it would be a cakewalk. Of course there are probably additional ways to make it easier to 2 heal such as not increasing the energy of the shock conduit. I'd definitely be interested to try it, but we got it down pretty easily by 3 healing so.. maybe some other time :P

Yes having solo soakers makes the fight easier. And you are incorrect, hunters can solo soak the shock with deterrence.

My 10m kill group was:
    2 tank-warrior, dk
    2 heals-hpal, monk
    6 dps-2 hunters, 1 feral(syms the spriest for dispersion), spriest, rogue, and ret pally

Everyone could solo soak it. And in our 25m, when we divide the raid into groups we put solo soakers together (makes 2 groups for us plus some extra who fill the other groups).
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-03-26 at 05:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We two heal everything but Horridon, Megaera, Ji-Kun, and Primordius. Me (holy pally) and resto druid.