Battletron - What Am I Doing Wrong?

I have had over 50 attempts on this encounter and have yet to beat it. My strat is as follows - I prepot and pop divine shield to absorb 3 of the mines or whatever they're called and just do standard dps. Paladins have crap sustained dps so Im hovering around 60-65k, until my pot comes back up and I pop GoAK -10 seconds- then pop Avenging Wrath, Holy Avenger, and lifeblood (Im trained in herblore), Execution Sentence is used on cooldown, and I pop Lay on Hands when I get low.

New account so I can't post links.

Just search ''Imnodwarf" on "Stormrage"

Im on US servers.

I was only able to beat it after I purchased the 522 valor trinket and got a 522 sword. Even then it was sketchy. Blow everything at start, pre-pot, use DS to absorb the first bombs. I used sanctified wrath with GoAK at the pull to maximize my initial dps, used str pot on cooldown. Had herbalism at the time as well, though now I'm working on blacksmithing (so goddamn expensive).

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AD/advanced

Now, beating a rank 8 guy...that's the hard part :P

Try using Divine Protection over Divine Shield at the start. If you pop Divine Shield at the start, you gimp your initial burst by 50%. Take up Selfless Healer and you "Should" be able to use it between cds without losing any dps to keep your health up. Pop Guardian at the start of the fight, also.

As Retribution, your biggest asset is your insane burst at the start. Our sustained dps isn't enough to get through battletron without it.

I downed him while using Holy Prism, I feel the damage and healing you get from that with such a short CD is a little better than execution sentence. Try not popping Avenging Wrath and Holy avenger at the same time, It might help with damage, but after all that's on CD if you save avenging wrath you have decent holy power uptime throughout it with hammer of wrath

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Try using Divine Protection over Divine Shield at the start. If you pop Divine Shield at the start, you gimp your initial burst by 50%. Take up Selfless Healer and you "Should" be able to use it between cds without losing any dps to keep your health up. Pop Guardian at the start of the fight, also.

As Retribution, your biggest asset is your insane burst at the start. Our sustained dps isn't enough to get through battletron without it.
    or you can basically wait 5 10 seconds to blow your load... start off with 100% hp and then blow CDs making this fight a lot easier.

@op Go with your normal rotation minus CDs until you pop bubble to absorb the 2 mines. Then pop GOAK and AW with SW. Use your divine protection and aura mastery together on the first one. Spec into selfless healer for this fight and heal when you have no HP generators up(Killed it doing this. Even if I had enough HP to TV. I waiting and healed myself if I had 2+ stacks of selfless if I was 50%ish). Also. Take holyprism instead of execution sentence.

Glyphs I used for this fight were, Avenging wrath that heals you 1% a sec. With Sanctified wrath is adds up and really offloads the pressure of dpsing instead of healing. TV of course, and 3rd one I believe I chose was word of glory. Recalled having to use it twice so the damage boost to compensate for healing with HP is always nice.

The fight is a gear check and rotation check. So if you don't know what you're doing or you aren't confident in it chances are you won't get it. Good luck.
    Last edited by Wooblez; 2013-03-25 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooblez View Post
    or you can basically wait 5 10 seconds to blow your load... start off with 100% hp and then blow CDs making this fight a lot easier.

@op Go with your normal rotation minus CDs until you pop bubble to absorb the 2 mines. Then pop GOAK and AW with SW. Use your divine protection and aura mastery together on the first one. Spec into selfless healer for this fight and heal when you have no HP generators up(Killed it doing this. Even if I had enough HP to TV. I waiting and healed myself if I had 2+ stacks of selfless if I was 50%ish). Also. Take holyprism instead of execution sentence.

Glyphs I used for this fight were, Avenging wrath that heals you 1% a sec. With Sanctified wrath is adds up and really offloads the pressure of dpsing instead of healing. TV of course, and 3rd one I believe I chose was word of glory. Recalled having to use it twice so the damage boost to compensate for healing with HP is always nice.

The fight is a gear check and rotation check. So if you don't know what you're doing or you aren't confident in it chances are you won't get it. Good luck.
    I found DP much better at the start, wait 5-10 seconds and you waste 5-10 seconds of your pre-pot.

Thanks for all the replies everyone, I'll be trying this again tomorrow. I'll probably switch to holy prism, and change my glyphs around.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found POJ to be slaughtering me for this. Take speed of light for this fight and don't pop it. ( If you're have fps/lag issues and having problems going into the mines )
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Deleted
    Killed him yesterday.
    Had kings, might, crit, food buff and flask.
    talents: Sacred shield, divine purpose and execution sentence.
    Pre-pot before he spawns, get inq up and blow all cd's, keep SS and inq up.
    Use LoH when you are 1 hit away from death. you might have to use Flash of light to keep yourself up in the end.
    I killed him 5 second before enrage.
    average ilvl 501.
    Don't forget to make use of every dmg reduction cd you have!

Prior to getting my sword and trinket, I killed him after he enraged 3 times, but never got credit for the kill. Super infuriating.

Wow, thought Paladins would blast through battletron.. did him on an arms warrior with 489 ilvl and a monk with 483

Obviously Touch of Karma and Touch of death reduces the gear requirement on a monk by quite alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    If you pop Divine Shield at the start, you gimp your initial burst by 50%.
    This, you should never bubble at all. This boss as as much of a pure DPS check with low damage taken as possible, there's zero reason to lose any damage whatsoever especially if undergeared. With divine protection + devotion aura + glyph of templar's verdict you have 57% damage reduction for the mines, you can then use a selfless healer proc or just shield with sacred shield. Because you glyphed avenging wrath (right?) your 57% damage reduced mine explosions will also be healed up with that.

You can then save lay on hands for when you are low and just use it as you are about to die. If you have to wog, then glyph it so you get some damage out of it. After that it's just a matter of beating the enrage.

Personally I was able to burn him down with substantially less ret gear than I have before berserking on my two test pulls, so I'll give this strat myself a shot tonight - should be able to down it, I'll let you know results.