Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    No, but I find it strange people can be emotionally connected to a cat, they are so distant. My friends cat just does his own thing, doesn't even get up when someone comes into the house. My dog however is so affectionate I can totally understand the bond between a dog and it's owner. But when it comes to cats, I dunno, they seem so disconnected.

Deleted
    As long as you don't stick your fingers up his filthy arsehole you'll be fine

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    Thinking that you would be "lost" without a pet.
    Signing a pets name on christmas cards.

I guess i just don't like crazy people, nothing else.
    Lost would perhaps be a bit of a strong word. I do understand how a "void" could occur after a pets passing. Had my cat for 23 years myself. She's been with me almost since my birth and she always been around. When she passes she'll surely leave an unfilled space behind and it will be empty and 23+ years of routines will cease to be. It would be odd were I not feeling like something is missing or struggling to fill the day with stuff to do which previously were dedicated for my cat.

Although I do agree with the card thing. I don't even send Christmas cards and even if I did I doubt anyone would care about my cats imaginary best wishings :P

What in the actual fuck.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

It's really no one's business but yours. However, since you made it our business: Not really, though you do sound overly attached.

It's one thing to say "I'd be devastated if I lost my cat," (I'd be devastated if I lost my mom, and I can appreciate how loving a pet is like loving a close family member) but you said "I would be lost without him." What does that mean?

As long as you remember it's a cat and friends matters more than it, it guess it's fine.
    Have a cat myself, but can't say i'm as affectionate of it as you are. I just like to have it sleeping in my lap, when i play/read. It's cozy ^^
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

10+ Year Old Account
    What you've listed is fine, just don't get sexual with it

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    What do you think animal is then? Household object? Status symbol that shouldnt be treated well, just for show?

Come on, ancient civilizations had many animals who were treated as well OP does their cat. Nothing has changed "nowdays".
    Treated well or being obsessed over?
    Yeah, ancient civilizations were also practicing human sacrifices and such, so what, since it was normal before it is still normal nowadays?

Deleted
    Not crazy at all. I love my cat to bits and always sign his paw on celebration cards :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krusokat View Post
    Thanks for making me spit coffee out at work. I'm now getting asked what I'm laughing it...

I love my cat so much.
    Skittles is amazing, honestly. :3

You can't love them too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the contrary, i am quite narcissistic, hence my dislike of crazy people.

So according to your logic this woman is normal, since love is love, and it doesn't make her crazy,huh?
    No thats not going to work either. If she was in love with 100 family members it would be "normal". If she kept those 100 family members in the fridge it would be seen as not normal just the same.

This is normal, you are not crazy

Deleted
    Treated well or being obsessed over?
    Yeah, ancient civilizations were also practicing human sacrifices and such, so what, since it was normal before it is still normal nowadays?
    On the contrary, i am quite narcissistic, hence my dislike of crazy people.
    (100 cats video)
    So according to your logic this woman is normal, since love is love, and it doesn't make her crazy,huh?

Wow ok. Past massive and obvious logical fallacies.. Where to even start whats wrong with these posts. OP has one cat. ONE. Not 100. No one said having 100 cats is healthy. Having one cat and likes them as friend and treats them well.

And really? "Because you said one is true, therefore you obviously mean this totally unrelated thing is also normal and true"?
    Yeah, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    No thats not going to work either. If she was in love with 100 family members it would be "normal". If she kept those 100 family members in the fridge it would be seen as not normal just the same.
    Love is love though, no matter what you think. What she did is completely normal, because she loves them so much.

Perfectly normal OP don't worry about it.

Deleted
    Im sure said cat feels exactly the same as you, and doesn't just stick around for the free food, warmth and "affection". oh wait, it's a cat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krusokat View Post
    Well, that about settles it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Because you're obviously an angry person. Love is love, no matter how YOU see it. Some see obsession, some see infatuation, some see love.. None of the above make him crazy.
    Calling someone angry when your name is 'Violent'... Im going to have to take issue with this, sorry. Also, for someone talking about love all you have seemed to do is be rude to people when they express their opinions - none of which were worded rudely or were insulting.

As for the OP, I wouldnt say it was crazy. I would say its a little eccentric, especially signing of the Christmas cards but this whole thing probably stems from not wanting to be alone or be judged for being alone.

In short, your not crazy, just lonely.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, it´s not crazy. I do think it´s a bit excessive, as I think about half the things you wrote the same.

I do call my dogs everytime I enter the house, their names are on (christmas) cards and I sure don't know how I'll react when they won't be there anymore. However, I don't spoil them, like give them that much treats that they'll become overweight or let them sleep on my bed or let them lie on the couch.