Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Only if they come out of nowhere.
    1. Pandas didnt come out of nowhere
    2. WoW would end very quickly if new lore wasn't being developed.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Pandaren and Deathwing were part of WC lore before WoW even released.

Harrison Jones. Harrison Jones does not belong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Only if they come out of nowhere.
    By that standard all in wow came out of nowhere. WoW has no lore!

To those who say that the Pandaren had no impact on Warcraft lore before MoP - Chen Stormstout would like to talk to you about Orgrimmar and the Horde

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nelle300 View Post
    Pandas didn't come out of nowhere for the love of god, read the god damn lore, before coming with such a statement.
    Their presence in the lore in Warcraft before MoP was so small that a lot of people laughed it off as a joke, just to find a whole expansion based on their homeland. Imagine these people's reaction.
    I for one don't like pandarens. I don't really like real life pandas anyway. But this is subjective; you can tell, because i believe MoP is one of the best things WoW ever had.

Long story short, just because they're part of the lore doesn't mean everyone has to like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Harrison Jones. Harrison Jones does not belong.
    I kinda agree here, it was fine for the first couple of quests but after that it was just too much.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    What do you think - which things in wow dont belong there?

For me its:

1. MoP as a whole expansion - yes, i play MoP, but whole China-like architecture, quests, Npcs , its just feel alien seeing it in WoW, not to mention pandaren race and monks.

2. Netherstorm npcs and whole area in TBC - its like they came from the far future
    I read this a lot. Pandarian does not belong in Wow. I like to know WHY it does not belong. Seriously, why? I am not interested in hearing why you do not like them but really WHY they do not belong.

It is simply because they were never mentioned in the original Warcraft franchise? Is that it? That is the whole justification of why they do not belong in Wow? Were Draenei ever mentioned in the Warcraft? I don't know. I am asking. If not, where they subjected to the same vitriolic response?

Or is this some subconscious linking of Panda == cute and cuddly due to Disney's King Fu Panda and even possibly some anti-China mentality. Lets face it, China is not being reported as all a nice place at the moment, with the hacking accusation, human rights issue, environmental issues etc. Not as bad as Iran is being reported but certainly not considered a friend of the US in the same light as some European countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    1. Pandas didnt come out of nowhere
    2. WoW would end very quickly if new lore wasn't being developed.
    This. Honestly, I don't find the asian themes in mop to be any more distracting than the alien/sci fi stuff all over Outland, or the viking stuff all over Northrend. The pandaren as an idea predate Kung Fu Panda (which the nit picker in me will point out was NOT a Disney movie). They're not the first animal race in the game, I don't see them as any worse than tuskarr, or tauren, or the werewolves we have now, or the bear people in kalimdor.

MoP in and of itself has a good deal of variety. Dread Wastes/Townlong have a very different feel that Jade Forest. There are different styles of pandaren architecture, it's not all as bright and in your face as it is in the vale. If people don't like it, that's fair, it's all a matter of subjective oppinion, but sometimes I feel people blow things out of proportion. Not to mention that much of the story these last couple patches has been on the horde/alliance and not the Pandaren, and 5.3 and 5.4 will continue that trend, ending with the siege of orgrimmar.

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 11:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    I kinda agree here, it was fine for the first couple of quests but after that it was just too much.
    I agree. Jones was fine as a minor npc that showed up as a cameo for a quest now and again. But they should have had Brann show up after a few quests in, and NOT right at the end of the zone. It doesn't help matters that the Indianna Jones quest is one of TWO main storylines in the zone. It's not like it's a small isolated thing like this WotLK appearance.

Great anotherone of those hidden "I HATE MOP" threads.
    In my personal opinion the only thing that dont fit in wow are the community tbh. Ruins the bloody game.

Pet battles, obviously...

God Forbid new cultures, architecture and races be different than the typical "Orcs and Humans" of Azeroth.

This dead horse is beaten far too often and frankly, it's getting old.

There will always be new, unknown and seemingly alien races and cultures that come from Azeroth or beyond. Pandaren culture is new to Warcraft as it was JUST discovered. Opening Alliance quests even say "Strange ornate structures". So citizens of Azeroth are just as confused.

Netherstorm is far more advanced as its Naaru technology, which is far more advanced than anything on Azeroth.

The thing about all these advancements and strange cultures: They belong. It's just cultural differentiation.

These things wouldn't make sense on Eastern Kingdoms or Kalimdor because they don't originate from there, but why can't they be from another part of Azeroth?

"Pandas, they had 0 significant impact on the lore before Pandailia, and now we play as them..."
    Wow. Moronic.

What part of "hidden away on a concealed continent/giant moving Turtle" didn't you get?

Quote Originally Posted by nelle300 View Post
    How can you then say that pandas came out of no where? Chen Stormstout has been mentioned in Lore before, and was even incorporated into Warcraft 3.
    All I will say is Barrens, the old real barrens, had Chen's Keg as a quest. I guess WoW never had any pandas, but they sure where hinted at I'd say. Can't call that coming from no where.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    Deathwing as a villain - just does not fit here
    Have you ever read any of the lore? He's pivotal in the history of Azeroth.

Honestly I found BC to be a whole hell of a lot more distracting than anything in MoP. And even then I wouldn't say it doesn't belong, but it was more immersion breaking for me than MoP has been.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin View Post
    Completly aggree with your number 1. still after playing since release I find the mop world really difficult to immerse myself in compared to northrend, outland and azeroth of course.

Lots have said it before and will say it again, panda world just does not fit in the wow universe, it just seems to cartoony and quite frankly I know ill be flamed for it but it is a complete rip off of a certain disney movie...right down to the way the characters look .....I play mop because I enjoy the game as a whole however the storyline and the lore? I really couldnt give a fig for....and thats a first for me in this game.

Im just hoping the next expansion brings the game `back to Warcraft world and away from cheap Disney idea rip off world)
    Kung Fu Panda came out after Pandaren were first introduced to Warcraft.

BC.Please take your giant purple crystal space dildos somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Kung Fu Panda came out after Pandaren were first introduced to Warcraft.
    And neither of them were the first to incorporate anthropomorphic pandas with martial arts. As I recall there's a ninja turtle toy for example that predates both.

It's common practice when dealing with fantasy races that are half person half animal to incorporate the culture around where those animals live into them. So we get pandaren with martial arts, we get a lot of northern native american culture in the tuskar, the tauren have similiarities to buffalo and have a native american vibe, etc. And the pandaren have a very asian inspired culture.

In short, neither the pandaren or kung fu panda were the first to do this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the spooks that went too far.

Orc Mages
    For the night is dark and full of terrors

Not trying to flame or troll or break any rules, but these threads are so....terrible and should be locked. They just bring out the most ignorant of opinions and end up being a flame war about people thinking MOP was based on kung fu panda (people really believe this? i guess i have too many brain cells left).

Also nostalga goggles about how BC was the end all best thing ever.