Deleted
    Hm, that rotation seems a little random to me.
    I use; prepot, immo, RoF (Only for trinket Proc(Cosmos)), conf x2, spamming 4 fast Ini, casting Dark Soul (Having all the trinkets and prepot still up) and can then use 3 CB fully int procced and with Dark Soul.

I can't say that I use RoF on a Singletarget boss, unless I want Cosmos to proc when I have Dark Soul of CD or other trinket procs and a line of Shadowburn/Chaos.. comming up. For me it's a little waste of time, since it's one GCD. But if someone can see some improvement of the DMG by having RoF up even on singletarget, please correct me.

For the reforge/gems. I personally go full out of Mastery with Supremacy and Observer. (Deppends on fight tho, else I choose the Imp with Demon hunting glyph.)

Quote Originally Posted by Hexotic View Post
    just did 2 lfr runs one with sup build one with sac build, i did 169k as gosup and 197k as gosac. This however is still not solid because at one point during the sac fight, i had breath proc 3 times in a row {for 60 seconds straight}, it just kept going off, I was able to unload some insane numbers.

This has been my experience as well that GoSac seems equivalent or slightly better than GoSup on Jin'rokh, it's probably because you're able to stock up on 4 embers in between pools.

You have to remember that even in best case scenario for GoSup, it only beats GoSac by 5% (according to sims), so it probably doesn't take a whole lot in GoSacs favor to match their performance.

Something that has been on my mind however is that the worth of GoSac is around 12% damage increase (with immo+RoF being 20% of total damage with no FnB), and looking at my results after a fight when having used GoSup (observer) I often never see it being more than 11-12% of my total damage (like on jin'rokh or maegera), can this be directly translated into a GoSac worth comparison? Would the pet damage have to be a min of 13% of total damage to say it is better than GoSac? (again assuming the breakdown of immo+RoF being 20% total with no FnB).
    Last edited by Micke; 2013-03-25 at 01:33 PM.

Deleted
    Acutally I was wondering about when goSac will outplay goSup. We always suggested goSup to perform better in single target and 2 target cleave fights. Leaving the multitarget fights and those fights where the usage of cb / sb reaches a significant high level for goSac.

But: In fights where you literally swim in embers (Horridon / Primordius / Tortos for instanc) you can neither spam cb because of dot clipping nor is your fnb damage buffed. So wouldn't it a dps gain to go with goSup for constant pet dmg and the posibility to spam cb if needed?
    The second point I'm struggling with is the 2p set bonus with the reduced cb / sb costs. This seems to me like another advantage for goSup because you can get out more cb / dark soul phase.

Therefore I'm currently playing all fights except of Ji'kun with goSup (mostly with mastery/haste built).

Maokk
    Last edited by mmoced0b16c6d8; 2013-03-25 at 02:14 PM.

Deleted
    Immolate up 100% > RoF > Shadowburn > Conflagrate > Incinerate > Chaos bolt when you have 3.5 embers or procs. Try to avoid using Chaos Bolt when you have 3 or more Backdrafts.

About RoF on single target i believe its small DPS increase.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    you should keep RoF up as much as possible even on single target. it gives crazy ember generation.

for opener, i do this
    pre-pot
    pre cast immolate
    curse if our unholy dk isnt online
    conflag (to get the charges recharging)
    RoF
    conflag
    dark soul
    immo until RoF runs out
    RoF
    refresh immo when its in its pandemic window (dark soul buffed immo and RoF = lots of embers)
    then i just start pumping out chaos bolts and incin/conflags with the aim of getting as many chaos bolts as i can out during DS

and for gearing, im going mastery=crit>haste. its the most versatile imo, can go sac if needed, and loses very little dps on a single target compared to optimal ST reforges while being much stronger in aoe

Deleted
    But: In fights where you literally swim in embers (Horridon / Primordius / Tortos for instanc) you can neither spam cb because of dot clipping nor is your fnb damage buffed. So wouldn't it a dps gain to go with goSup for constant pet dmg and the posibility to spam cb if needed?
    There is no dot clipping, just spam dem Chaos bolts if you want
    If you are swimming in Embers you will also probably spam a lot of Shadowburns on the dying adds, so GoSac still does a lot for your DPS.

The second point I'm struggling with is the 2p set bonus with the reduced cb / sb costs. This seems to me like another advantage for goSup because you can get out more cb / dark soul phase.
    I haven't taken the tokens in my guild for now, because having more Dark Soul phases and more damage on my Incinerates seem much more valuable than gaining more embers, when I already don't have enough time to use them on half the fights
    I will probably wait for 4* i535.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpinwlock View Post
    Hm, that rotation seems a little random to me.
    I use; prepot, immo, RoF (Only for trinket Proc(Cosmos)), conf x2, spamming 4 fast Ini, casting Dark Soul (Having all the trinkets and prepot still up) and can then use 3 CB fully int procced and with Dark Soul.

I can't say that I use RoF on a Singletarget boss, unless I want Cosmos to proc when I have Dark Soul of CD or other trinket procs and a line of Shadowburn/Chaos.. comming up. For me it's a little waste of time, since it's one GCD. But if someone can see some improvement of the DMG by having RoF up even on singletarget, please correct me.

For the reforge/gems. I personally go full out of Mastery with Supremacy and Observer. (Deppends on fight tho, else I choose the Imp with Demon hunting glyph.)
    Why dont you Dark soul before your incinerates? You still should have time to do your 3 chaos bolts and the chances of you critting with incins go up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selaiah View Post
    @blood fire:

Im normally destro with affli off-spec:

So I simmed my warlock as destro or affli without reforging etc. Im at the 6600 haste cap rest evenly between crit/mastery and ofc hit cap. Destro with 126k and affli 118k dps both on the standard patchwerk fight with 50k iterations. Quite big difference o.O thought they would be nearer together.
    Thing is that in reality Sims suck.
    I tried Lei Shen normal with a Sac Aff and dps was low.
    Switched to Sup with Eye and it was bigger for 15-20k. (rotation was the same).
    I Switch for destro on specific fights where there are lots of adds (like Horridon, Tortos, Primordius).
    Just dnk whether if to delete affli spec for demo (although i really suck at that spec, but the bonuses for 4T15 are soooooooo LAME).

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yalin View Post
    affliction sims very low this tier (or just with my current gear). even with gem swapping and reforging for 9,7k haste breakpoint i was still simming like 9k lower than with destruction build (134k vs 125k). dont know if this is some kind of bad written APL for affliction in simcraft or rly destro is so much better (at least with my ilvl).
    on the other hand i didnt have a chance to test affliction this tier as all the fights that i did favour destruction and demonology (on the other hand im only 4/12 so that my change later on)
    All 3 spec's APL's have room for improvement. They are most likely balanced within human/latency variance, so honestly play what you like. You really can just play the spec you like and not be wrong.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

Deleted
    With my current gear,

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AF/advanced

Should i go for GoSac ( Mastery >? > ? )

Or GoSup ( Crit > haste > Mastery ? )

Or whats actually the best ? Still progressing ToT with my guild. Will join next week atm we're at Tortos.
    So would love to know whats best for Jin > Tortos.

Would love some help with that since im not 100% sure whats best,

Deleted
    I have a similar question ( still learning how to master the warlock ) :

Should i stick with GoSac ( Mastery > Haste > Crit or Mastery > haste=crit )

or go with GoSup ( Crit > Haste > Mastery )

Armory link : eu()battle()net/wow/en/character/azjolnerub/Krosis/advanced

Thank you

10+ Year Old Account
    So is there any sort of haste thresholds I should be going for? Just switched from affliction and working on my reforges.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pvw1075 View Post
    So is there any sort of haste thresholds I should be going for? Just switched from affliction and working on my reforges.
    They aren't significant enough to bother unless you're close to one.

Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    curse if our unholy dk isnt online
    am i the only one that caught this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I blind or they're reverting GoSac for destrolocks back to 25% damage in 5.3?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Am I blind or they're reverting GoSac for destrolocks back to 25% damage in 5.3?
    Nerfing GoSac for demo from 30% to 25%. Destro is staying at 15%.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    The Destruction APL is more accurate than the Affliction one still, afaik. Also, we'll start seeing Affliction pull ahead when we get gear (525ish, I'm guessing). Sitting at 521 atm and they're pretty close.
    The Destro APL is fine as far as I know as well. Affliction APL had 1 like removed that you can put back in to "fix" the APL that just checks for the new trinket procs to reapply dots.

Afflicition will naturally pull ahead of the other specs simply based on how well Mastery scales. Right now you basically have to gem full haste to hit the 9780 breakpoint which makes for low mastery. As we get more and more gear you'll see that breakpoint easier obtained without fully gemming haste, allowing for more mastery gems/reforges.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooutine View Post
    am i the only one that caught this?
    what? please tell me unholy still brings that debuff

edit: just checked omg how long has ebon plaguebringer been out of the game? i feel like my whole life is a lie right now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    what? please tell me unholy still brings that debuff

edit: just checked omg how long has ebon plaguebringer been out of the game? i feel like my whole life is a lie right now
    MoP Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Redesigned. Increases the damage your diseases deal by 60%, and causes your Blood Plague to also apply the Physical Vulnerability effect.

So, all of mists. But don't worry, all rogue specs bring it now if you missed that

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    MoP Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Redesigned. Increases the damage your diseases deal by 60%, and causes your Blood Plague to also apply the Physical Vulnerability effect.

So, all of mists. But don't worry, all rogue specs bring it now if you missed that
    our rogue is inconsistant at turning up luckily we have 2 other locks so i should be ok. if not a few 1% wipes may be down to me not pressing that button /:'(