Boss Mod for Black Temple (green fire)

Hey folks, just a heads up for those that haven't managed to complete the scenario yet we've now published a boss mod for it. It is included in the latest version of Little Wigs, the Big Wigs sister addon for all non-raid bosses.

With any luck this might help a few of you complete it and get your cool green fire.

Download:
    Curse Client
    Curse
    WoW Interface

Good luck!
    https://github.com/funkydude - https://github.com/BigWigsMods
    Author of BadBoy, BasicChatMods, BigWigs, BFAInvasionTimer, SexyMap, and more...

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool. This will most certainly help some people out. Chaos Bolt during busy moments can be hard to keep track of. >.<

Awesome to bad i cant use it (already have my green fires)!

Quote Originally Posted by Pooutine View Post
    Awesome to bad i cant use it (already have my green fires)!
    You can re-queue just for fun

I tested this addon but it's basicly un-useable in it's default State, it's adding a bloat load of Warnings and Flashing which are way to aggresive, making the fight harder than it would be without it, needs some tuning and the timers are really useless, you don't need 10s timers when he is already summoning, but Timers when Combat and Summons will begin

Does littlewigs require bigwigs to be installed?

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    Does littlewigs require bigwigs to be installed?
    Yeah, it's a BW content pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuli View Post
    I tested this addon but it's basicly un-useable in it's default State, it's adding a bloat load of Warnings and Flashing which are way to aggresive
    It's hard for me to judge just what is critical and what isn't having never done the encounter. Currently we flash for the following on you: Rain of Fire, Excruciating Agony, Devour Enslavement. Which one of these do you feel is not worthy a flash?

needs some tuning and the timers are really useless, you don't need 10s timers when he is already summoning, but Timers when Combat and Summons will begin
    We have both cast bars (10s summon) and cooldown bars (next summon, next chaos bolt, next cataclysm). Did you not notice these?
    Author of BadBoy, BasicChatMods, BigWigs, BFAInvasionTimer, SexyMap, and more...

Curse of Doom warnings would be good.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Quote Originally Posted by funkydude View Post
    Yeah, it's a BW content pack.

It's hard for me to judge just what is critical and what isn't having never done the encounter. Currently we flash for the following on you: Rain of Fire, Excruciating Agony, Devour Enslavement. Which one of these do you feel is not worthy a flash?

We have both cast bars (10s summon) and cooldown bars (next summon, next chaos bolt, next cataclysm). Did you not notice these?
    These did not show up here, at least i did not notice them sorry.

And i feel like not a single Spell should flash your screen as there are many effects going on that this is just distracting.
    They should only show up as Text warning + Sound without Flashing, they arent killing you instantly to warrent the flashing.
    Only Chaos Bolt (soak/hide) and Cataclysm (interrupt) to some extent (not really as its already very visible) need more noticeable sounds/text but also without flashing as it's really a PITA in this fight especially when you have Imps going that will drain your FPS on a not so great PC even on lowest spell sttings ;(

But that's my opinion, other people may actually like the permament flashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    Curse of Doom warnings would be good.
    What kind of warnings are you looking for? We already have a bar and there are the usual "berserk" like warnings e.g. "Doom in 1 min", "in 30 sec", etc.

These did not show up here, at least i did not notice them sorry.

And i feel like not a single Spell should flash your screen as there are many effects going on that this is just distracting.
    They should only show up as Text warning + Sound without Flashing, they arent killing you instantly to warrent the flashing.
    Only Chaos Bolt (soak/hide) and Cataclysm (interrupt) to some extent (not really as its already very visible) need more noticeable sounds/text but also without flashing as it's really a PITA in this fight especially when you have Imps going that will drain your FPS on a not so great PC even on lowest spell sttings ;(

But that's my opinion, other people may actually like the permament flashing.
    I don't see a reason for the cooldown bars not to show, they fire directly after the cast bars fire. I'm not sure how familiar you are with Big Wigs but keep in mind that long term bars are on a different anchor.

I took your advice and removed flashing for rain of fire/curse, but left it in for Devour Enslavement as that seemed pretty critical to me. Do you think the sounds that were playing were fine or should some messages not have sounds? Thanks for your opinions
    Last edited by funkydude; 2013-03-25 at 11:18 PM.

Deleted
    Just tried out the addon but because i start out with a stun>fear for full duration then enslave the pitlord, it threw all the timers off.

What kind of warnings are you looking for? We already have a bar and there are the usual "berserk" like warnings e.g. "Doom in 1 min", "in 30 sec", etc.

I don't see a reason for the cooldown bars not to show, they fire directly after the cast bars fire. I'm not sure how familiar you are with Big Wigs but keep in mind that long term bars are on a different anchor.

I took your advice and removed flashing for rain of fire/curse, but left it in for Devour Enslavement as that seemed pretty critical to me. Do you think the sounds that were playing were fine or should some messages not have sounds? Thanks for your opinions
    For me sounds are very strange after using DBM for so long, they don't sound very threatening to me^^
    As for Timers, they only start when Kanrethad starts casting Summon Pit Lord, but i would actually like to see it start a Combat timer when he spawns or starts to talk, as for Talk it seems to be 15s until hes attackable, for spawn it's a bit more glitchy at least i can't seem to get a accurate time, sometimes it fits sometimes it doesnt. (-+1s)
    self:Log("SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS", "StartEncounter", 138680) Would be for the actual Summon of the Boss but this one doesnt give me very accruate times, instead it's probably better to Start a Combat timer when he first talks then it seems to be 15s until combat.

I tried this last night, got a lot further then i have before, i should be able to down him soon now. I will suggest a few changes to the mod tho.

Put in a warning when your enslave demon is about to expire on the pitlord.

Put in a warning sound option when the cooldown of your demonic gateway goes away.

maybe put a timer in that begins when the first fel imp spawns and counts down to the point when the last imp leaves the portal. The imp stage is annoying only when you miss a few imps with the breath that come out late, and having any imps still hanging around during the felpuppy stage is a doomed attempt.

Thanks for the add on. I could have beaten it one attempt but didnt have a purification potion at the time, so lost due to doom, but ive improved so much since then that all i need to do is get past the second felpuppys and i should have it beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuk View Post
    Just tried out the addon but because i start out with a stun>fear for full duration then enslave the pitlord, it threw all the timers off.
    The only timers that should be off are the first bolt/cata timers, the summons should still be fine. Unfortunately as far as I can tell I cannot compensate for this, and since 99% of youtube seems to do it the "standard" way of enslaving ASAP I can't justify removing the first timers.

instead it's probably better to Start a Combat timer when he first talks then it seems to be 15s until combat.
    Alright I added this in the latest release of Little Wigs & also added a timer for the Pit Lord summon.

Put in a warning when your enslave demon is about to expire on the pitlord.
    Thanks, added this in latest release. It's a bar and you'll get messages at 60s, 30s, 10s, and 5s.

Put in a warning sound option when the cooldown of your demonic gateway goes away.
    Are people really using this every cooldown?

maybe put a timer in that begins when the first fel imp spawns and counts down to the point when the last imp leaves the portal. The imp stage is annoying only when you miss a few imps with the breath that come out late, and having any imps still hanging around during the felpuppy stage is a doomed attempt.
    The current cast timer should reflect this, no?

Thanks for the add on. I could have beaten it one attempt but didnt have a purification potion at the time, so lost due to doom, but ive improved so much since then that all i need to do is get past the second felpuppys and i should have it beat.
    You're welcome, hope you get your green fire soon, and thanks for the input.

Are people really using this every cooldown?
    The fight gets pretty easy if you use it on cooldown and time it right, you can avoid every single Chaos Bolt so you never have to soak or LoS it, it will never hit you.
    So if you want to make this fight harder you don't use the Gateway, if you want to make this fight easy you use the Gateway on cooldown, at the beginning you have to make sure you don't use it while he is casting hes Doom, or else he will buff you 2times and you get a 14min duration but it will tick at 7min and kill you, but if you time it right you can delay the doom until the Imp phase or even longer if you manage, i was able to get to the 1st felhunter phase without the debuff so it's pretty helpful

The fight is also currently bugged, the first Cataclysm is 99% of the time not going to get casted or be abrupted instantly for some reason, obviously without charging, Kanrethad just stops instantly after casting it, very weird.

The fight gets pretty easy if you use it on cooldown and time it right, you can avoid every single Chaos Bolt so you never have to soak or LoS it, it will never hit you.
    So if you want to make this fight harder you don't use the Gateway, if you want to make this fight easy you use the Gateway on cooldown, at the beginning you have to make sure you don't use it while he is casting hes Doom, or else he will buff you 2times and you get a 14min duration but it will tick at 7min and kill you, but if you time it right you can delay the doom until the Imp phase or even longer if you manage, i was able to get to the 1st felhunter phase without the debuff so it's pretty helpful

The fight is also currently bugged, the first Cataclysm is 99% of the time not going to get casted or be abrupted instantly for some reason, obviously without charging, Kanrethad just stops instantly after casting it, very weird.
    So in conclusion, do you think it would be worthwhile having a bar showing the cooldown, a message when the cooldown expires, or both?

I have to say its definately useful....course that just gets me annoyed that the fight is designed around 1) using gateway to clear aggro OR 2) exploiting LoS. and the LoS is hardly intuative. you have to back into a niche in the wall where you can easily screw yourself with the damn black hole thing.
    Not really necessary, just useful. the strat basically has you standing right next to the gateway for the majority of the fight anyway.

Deleted
    nice mod, just found the quest book yesterday and actually trying to finish this fight as affli. But seems that I have to learn how to play destru for that encounter :-/

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 04:22 PM ----------

So I just downloaded the latest version, but can't find the options for that specific fight inside the little wigs options section ... there are only the 5-man heroics configureable ... :-/

Quote Originally Posted by lorus View Post
    So I just downloaded the latest version, but can't find the options for that specific fight inside the little wigs options section ... there are only the 5-man heroics configureable ... :-/
    It's called "Black Temple" and it's in the "Little Wigs" category config. If you don't see it you've somehow downloaded an old version.

So in conclusion, do you think it would be worthwhile having a bar showing the cooldown, a message when the cooldown expires, or both?
    Optinal yes, by default no, as Gateway on cooldown is not needed to do this fight, but it makes it a lot easier Gateway on cd until Felhunters and use when he summons them Soulshatter, never have to worry about Chaos Bolt from Kanrethad, but this isn't the only way to do this fight :P

Curse of Ultimate Doom seems to be missing though, should add a Timer so you get a warning/timer on your screen when it's about to expire.. so one doesn't forget to drink the purification potion in case Kanrethad is still alive.
    Last edited by Yuyuli; 2013-03-29 at 07:08 AM.

Optinal yes, by default no, as Gateway on cooldown is not needed to do this fight, but it makes it a lot easier Gateway on cd until Felhunters and use when he summons them Soulshatter, never have to worry about Chaos Bolt from Kanrethad, but this isn't the only way to do this fight :P
    Alright, I'll look into adding it off by default soon.

Curse of Ultimate Doom seems to be missing though, should add a Timer so you get a warning/timer on your screen when it's about to expire.. so one doesn't forget to drink the purification potion in case Kanrethad is still alive.
    There is a bar for this. I'm not sure why it wouldn't be working because even the transcriptor log that I was sent by a warlock says the bar fired. /confused

If you could log the encounter using Transcriptor and PM me it I'd be grateful.
    Last edited by funkydude; 2013-03-30 at 05:49 PM.