10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I'm a lummie on Cerebus, I think, and I knew exactly what order to use them but they wouldn't fly away. I assumed that hearing them and clicking on it was enough, not that I had to make them fly away. Didn't catch that in any of the complaint threads I saw.

Hopefully tonight those buggers fly the coop and I can move on.
    They are supposed to fly away when you click them in the correct order i think. And then a nice dude you'll be chasing through new england will pop up =p

If you get stuck on bugged quests ask to join group with someone who is on another server and then meet up with them. So for example quest a on cerberus isnt working I then get a guy on hydra to invite me, right click his name and go meet up. This will phase you over to hydra (kinda like crz for wow) then the quest should work.

Keep in mind this is the "standard operating procedure" for quest bugs and is generally good at enabling you to gwt past them

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 10:40 AM ----------

I also suggest getting a notepad and pen as this will help manage quest information and make recording key things a lot easier, particularly when you get to later areas

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    They are supposed to fly away when you click them in the correct order i think. And then a nice dude you'll be chasing through new england will pop up =p
    Yeah, they'll fly off and, I'm pretty sure, if you click the wrong one, they'll all fly off and reset. I had a problem with this quest when somebody else was clicking the wrong ones while I was trying to click the right ones.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It worked last night, so that was cool. Though I do tend to have lots of problems with the game freezing constantly...it's a little frustrating. Oh well. I own it forever, so I'll get through the story eventually.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    So TSW is on sale atm for 20e and I was thinking about picking it up.

My question is, if I buy it, how much of the content is included in it? I have read there are periodical DLCs released currently I think its number 5. If i buy the game now, do I have to buy another 5 DLCs to be on the same foot as established players?

Quote Originally Posted by Nolfster View Post
    So TSW is on sale atm for 20e and I was thinking about picking it up.

My question is, if I buy it, how much of the content is included in it? I have read there are periodical DLCs released currently I think its number 5. If i buy the game now, do I have to buy another 5 DLCs to be on the same foot as established players?
    You'll get the first 4 DLCs included.

^ You'll also get 1200 bonus points when you complete 30 missions that you can use for dlc. Also any other included bonus points freebies will depend on the retailer offering it. For example US Amazon.com currently offers the game + a 1200 bonus points point card for $30 usd. And those two sets of points combined will be enough to get one caught up to all the issues released so far.

Did remember reading somewhere that Bylos (Game Director) had said they'll eventually bundle all the dlc? Or roll them into future purchases of the game?

Deleted
    Thanks for quick replies. So next question, is there some objective general review of the game as of the latest release? I have found many reviews that are from 2012 or just pure rants. I want to know how is the game now.

Thanks for quick replies. So next question, is there some objective general review of the game as of the latest release? I have found many reviews that are from 2012 or just pure rants. I want to know how is the game now.
    Well the review score was low because a couple of reviewers on Metacritic gave the game 40s and 50s. Launch wasn't the best, but it was by no means that bad. If you look at reader reviews, it's one of the higher rated MMOs.

Ehh, that might be a tall order now.

TSW had a lot of things going against it at launch, and I know that I had originally passed on the game then solely because I found AoC lackluster and wasn't keen on playing another Funcom title.

This was one of the things I read that changed my mind: http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/12...-secret-world/
    It was like somebody has finally made a game for adults, and I'm not talking about the usual sex, gratuitous violence window dressing that devs layer on their titles to make them "lol mature."

I'd also look into the gameplay videos on youtube or something just to see if it's something you'd like. It is different and requires you to think critically about how you're building your character's active and passive skill sets.

General consensus from the people I've spoken to in game is that TSW is definitely improving over time. I think you can make an account on the official forums without buying the game, and you could ask in the newcomer's forum for some of the veteran players' perception of the game now.

Do think if you do try it, it's at the very least worth the price of admission. TSW may not be a primary mmo for you if you've got other mmos you regularly play, but it's a very good "mistress."

Quote Originally Posted by efsunshine View Post
    ^ You'll also get 1200 bonus points when you complete 30 missions that you can use for dlc. Also any other included bonus points freebies will depend on the retailer offering it. For example US Amazon.com currently offers the game + a 1200 bonus points point card for $30 usd. And those two sets of points combined will be enough to get one caught up to all the issues released so far.

Did remember reading somewhere that Bylos (Game Director) had said they'll eventually bundle all the dlc? Or roll them into future purchases of the game?
    Son of a bitch. I knew I shouldn't have been so eager to buy the game from Gamestop. Missed out on an extra 1200 points.

Hello all --

For anyone who is thinking about buying the game, I have 3 72-hour trial keys (possibly more) that I can hand out. If you post your email or PM me I'll send one along to you.

Deleted
    A question. I am going to pick up the game from the shop, what is the total size of all updates/patches I am going to have to download?

A question. I am going to pick up the game from the shop, what is the total size of all updates/patches I am going to have to download?
    It's about 18G compressed, and 40G extracted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortwig View Post
    Hello all --

For anyone who is thinking about buying the game, I have 3 72-hour trial keys (possibly more) that I can hand out. If you post your email or PM me I'll send one along to you.
    Hmm, well apologies -- since I am new to the forums, I can't send PMs here until I have at least 10 posts. If you post or PM your e-mail, though, I can send it directly. Sorry about that!

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/03...s-tokyo-playf/

Joel (lead designer) dropped in on a livestream and showed them around the Tokyo zone that's currently in development. How cool of him was that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/03...s-tokyo-playf/

Joel (lead designer) dropped in on a livestream and showed them around the Tokyo zone that's currently in development. How cool of him was that?
    This kind of stuff is what gives me hope for the future of TSW. The fact they have a lead designer who goes out of his way really to give previews and little extras that you normally don't get, says to me that this is more than "a job" and that he is throurghly invested in the game and its future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really liking the zone, hope that its night time tho. For some reason i think TSW shines the most on dark , gloomy zones.

Here is an unused trial key if someone would like to snag it. PM me or post your email if you would like a key -- I have 3 left after this one:

YFMBZSG7MCP3BQGAHUEV

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Really liking the zone, hope that its night time tho. For some reason i think TSW shines the most on dark , gloomy zones.
    The atmosphere is great in those zones, but it wears you down. I had to stop playing it for a couple of days because everything is so dark and evil and mopey. Something in my brain needed bright, happy colors. Don't want a game leading to irl depression...that would be awful.

I'm picking it back up this weekend, when it will be warm and sunny (supposedly) so I can walk outside to rest my eyes from the doom and gloom lol.
    BAD WOLF