Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    I kinda understand this, but from a different point of view. When I buy comic books, I buy them because of Wolverine. Im entirely not interested in any other characters, just getting the Wolverine ones. Because I love not even the comics, not even the art design, but the character himself. If they permanently killed Wolverine (yeah, that surely happens in comic books, where ressurection is instant cast without mana cost), i wouldn't simply buy any more of those.

In WoW I love the game, not any character in it.
    For me the pull in the game is the characters, thats why it matters to me so much on what they do. Its also why I feel the magic in warcraft is slowly dying out. See back at the start of wow, we had to much on the horizon of characters to see come into the series again, deathwing, illidan, the dragon aspects, Arthas, the titans, the elemental lords, and of course the development of already existing characters.

but as times gone on, they've slowly plucked off one villain at a time, and leaving nothing much on the horizon, what, Azshara and Sergeras, soimething left to see. And the pre existing characters being developed along or being killed off, and some even nothing to show for it. Cairnes death, where he had no development in wow and only some in wc3 felt like the biggest tragedy in the series. Why invent a great character people asked more and more to see more of, only to kill him off, just to develop Garrosh's character, who, oh my god, will also be killed off?

Thralls character is one of the few remaining long standing developed characters left in the series, and you need this, its so obvious the series need this, because it gives the story structure, when so many other developed characters have been killed off, and nothing new is coming on the horizon. What, lei shen? A character we knew nothing off before mists, and now he's dead too, much like yogg saron, nothing longstanding.

You need longstanding characters in a series to give the story structure, otherwise they just make up and throw whatever they think up and expect you to love it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    For me the pull in the game is the characters, thats why it matters to me so much on what they do. Its also why I feel the magic in warcraft is slowly dying out. See back at the start of wow, we had to much on the horizon of characters to see come into the series again, deathwing, illidan, the dragon aspects, Arthas, the titans, the elemental lords, and of course the development of already existing characters.

but as times gone on, they've slowly plucked off one villain at a time, and leaving nothing much on the horizon, what, Azshara and Sergeras, soimething left to see. And the pre existing characters being developed along or being killed off, and some even nothing to show for it. Cairnes death, where he had no development in wow and only some in wc3 felt like the biggest tragedy in the series. Why invent a great character people asked more and more to see more of, only to kill him off, just to develop Garrosh's character, who, oh my god, will also be killed off?

Thralls character is one of the few remaining long standing developed characters left in the series, and you need this, its so obvious the series need this, because it gives the story structure, when so many other developed characters have been killed off, and nothing new is coming on the horizon. What, lei shen? A character we knew nothing off before mists, and now he's dead too, much like yogg saron, nothing longstanding.

You need longstanding characters in a series to give the story structure, otherwise they just make up and throw whatever they think up and expect you to love it.
    Not to mention Thrall is quite literaly the trademark of Warcraft franchise. If he gets killed, than it's more or less over for it.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    Not to mention Thrall is quite literaly the trademark of Warcraft franchise. If he gets killed, than it's more or less over for it.
    I'm hoping to hell Thrall doesn't die. He's the only character I want as Warchief after Garrosh is killed.

Though im not saying Thrall will die, he wasnt the face of WC till Cata when Metzen forced him on us, which pissed a lot of people off and made them hate the character.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    I'm hoping to hell Thrall doesn't die. He's the only character I want as Warchief after Garrosh is killed.
    I agree even though i love garrosh hellscream Thrall is the only other guy i would stand to be warchief except for maybe saurfang

Im a orc racist and believe only a orc should lead the orcs and be warchief

(im not really racist irl)

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Though im not saying Thrall will die, he wasnt the face of WC till Cata when Metzen forced him on us, which pissed a lot of people off and made them hate the character.
    I disagree, he played an enormous role in Warcraft 3.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    I agree even though i love garrosh hellscream Thrall is the only other guy i would stand to be warchief except for maybe saurfang

Im a orc racist and believe only a orc should lead the orcs and be warchief

(im not really racist irl)
    For me its more the fact I hate Vol'Jin (the fanbase makes him out to be some super-badass and second coming of christ when, in reality, he has done shit all) and I don't think Baine has enough development for me to form an opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    For me its more the fact I hate Vol'Jin (the fanbase makes him out to be some super-badass and second coming of christ when, in reality, he has done shit all) and I don't think Baine has enough development for me to form an opinion.
    We dont yet know who will be Warchief. Why you consider only Vol'jin and Baine? Blizz said it will be someone we are not expecting.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I disagree, he played an enormous role in Warcraft 3.
    Yea, but still wasnt the 'face' of WoW, just a really important character. It was during Cata that he got plastered on everything that has to do with EoW, which as many remember, pissed of a lot of Ally (and even some Horde)

Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    We dont yet know who will be Warchief. Why you consider only Vol'jin and Baine? Blizz said it will be someone we are not expecting.
    Hmm, I don't remember them saying it was someone we wouldn't expect. I remember them saying Thrall would play an unexpected part in the Siege, though.

Also, your signature, it's "War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!" :x

Thrall appeared since WIII. 1st and 2nd games of Warcraft were quite successfull without him.

Besides - Thrall a trademark? I guess if somebody not playing WoW would be asked to name a character from Warcraft franchise, he would either say nothing or something like "Illidan" or "Arthas". Both of those guys are dead and the game is still rocking.

thrall is very far from the trademark of warcraft. murlocs are more of a trademark than thrall. if you asked someone who best represented wow it would most likely be illidan or arthas
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Yea, but still wasnt the 'face' of WoW, just a really important character. It was during Cata that he got plastered on everything that has to do with EoW, which as many remember, pissed of a lot of Ally (and even some Horde)
    Yeah. Thrall was a major, iconic character. But so were Arthas, Jaina, and others. Heck in the expansion the orc story was a side story not tied to the main story of the Frozen Throne. Thrall is an important character to be sure. But I think calling him the trademark of Warcraft is an overstatement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to hear Garrosh his soundfile
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I doubt that they'll kill off Thrall, I really do. During Cataclysm, Metzen said that Garrosh was but a part of the Thrall saga.
    They also even stated that Thrall was to be the Warchief again, granted not soon after they quickly said that they might have spoken too soon.
    That's true. But Metzen also said that Garrosh' story isn't necessarily over with MoP, there could be more with him.

Does that mean that there is also a small chance that no major character dies?

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 04:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Yeah. Thrall was a major, iconic character. But so were Arthas, Jaina, and others. Heck in the expansion the orc story was a side story not tied to the main story of the Frozen Throne. Thrall is an important character to be sure. But I think calling him the trademark of Warcraft is an overstatement.
    Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans was supposed to be the Horde and Thrall's time to shine. Even though the game got canceled, Thrall was important enough to be worked into Warcraft 3 somehow. And later they made a book about his story because they felt it was important.

So no, Thrall (and the Horde) being a side story in Warcraft 3 doesn't mean he's on the level of Jaina. Thrall is more important than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichorum View Post
    Hmm, I don't remember them saying it was someone we wouldn't expect. I remember them saying Thrall would play an unexpected part in the Siege, though.

Also, your signature, it's "War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!" :x
    Oh thanks )) If i find the Quote Ill link.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Whenever I think about it I remember back to when Blizz said that Thrall would return to the Horde in some way. Just hoping he's returning to the real Horde that'll live on after Garrosh is gone, not the real Horde that's rising up against Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Whenever I think about it I remember back to when Blizz said that Thrall would return to the Horde in some way. Just hoping he's returning to the real Horde that'll live on after Garrosh is gone, not the real Horde that's rising up against Garrosh.
    That won't happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Like in Game of Thrones. The list of major characters dead in this book could make another book easily. But every dead character is also a breaking point, an event, that causes other interesting characters to sprout, and keeps the story moving.
    IIRC Ned Stark is the only point-of-view character that dies in game of thrones. People always say that so many main chars die but if you think about it, it's just supporting characters that die.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    IIRC Ned Stark is the only point-of-view character that dies in game of thrones. People always say that so many main chars die but if you think about it, it's just supporting characters that die.
    First, there are no main characters in Game of Thrones. In each book there is a set of characters, no one of them is more meaningfull than the other. Is Daenerys less important, less main character than Ned Stark in the first book? Is Tirion?

Besides, here could be a list of main characters that died in the series - and were "main characters" - but I don't have a fucking idea how to use a spoiler function.