Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    it will probably be the players, in lich king everyone thought we were going to have some cool npcs aid us against lich king, as so many hated him and had reason to come and attack him, yet it was just us with tirion frozen for 90% of the fight.
    But...what...Tirion is the one who struck him down...

Taran Zhu: Tauren! What have your people done! You have dredged open a scar within our sacred Vale!
    Sunwalker Dezco: Lord Zhu, please understand - the orc "Warchief" who ordered the deed no longer speaks for the whole of the Horde. Many voices are rising up against him.
    Taran Zhu: Your politics are no concern of mine. Your Horde has disrespected the sanctity of this place. You are no longer welcome here - leave at once!
    Sunwalker Dezco: Give us time, Lord Zhu. Give us the opportunity to bring Hellscream to justice.
    Taran Zhu: Sunwalker, I respect your people. You have aided us in our campaign against the Sha and the Thunder King. Otherwise, I would've already ordered the Shado-Pan to purge this entire shrine. But my patience is at an end. The Horde must leave.
    Taran Zhu stares grimply into the distance.
    Taran Zhu: Very Well, You have until season's end. No longer.
    Taran Zhu: We pandaren are no strangers to dealing with tyrants..The coming battle will try your souls. May the celestials guide your actions.
    Is this new 5.3 dialogue? I play primarily Alliance but try to keep up on the lore for both sides, and I hadn't seen this yet. This is interesting indeed, Garrosh seems to be doing the opposite of what he claimed in 5.1. He said something to the effect of showing the Pandaren that siding with the Alliance isn't an option, but he's forcing the Shado Pan against the Horde.

Oh please tell me I get to strangle that fucking monkey with my own two hands.

God damn Jar Jar Binks of the warcraft universe.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, im not going to call shit out, because this has all been pretty unexpected, and Im freaking loveing it. Unlike some people that dont like to steer things up a bit to make things intresting. All the build to this Raid is amazing, Many will fall, and I bet there will be surprises. But overall, I dont really expect Nazgrim to side with Garrosh, Zaela I expected.

I could see you trying to convince Riko, Nazgrim, and Zaela to join the rebellion, but only being able to convince Nazgrim and Riko.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    blizzard and a vast part of it's playerbase love poop. they even made a poop pet for patch 5.3 ( http://ptr.wowdb.com/npcs/71201-filthling ). let us have poop quests in peace!
    I just wish they weren't quite so in your face, i liked it when the jokes were 'optional'. If you wanted to play through WC3 or Vanilla wow you didn't have to see them, but if you wanted to, you could click an NPC alot or go to certain hubs for gag quests.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Daelin Proudmoore View Post
    I could see you trying to convince Riko, Nazgrim, and Zaela to join the rebellion, but only being able to convince Nazgrim and Riko.
    That actually makes a lot of sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's best to wait a couple builds for some context before coming to these conclusions. For example unless I missed something it could turn out that Zaela quelled a raging proto drake that was set on a troll-killing rampage by some other character, and the spying orders might've been given by a suspicious Garrosh rather than a suspicious Vol'jin.

I'd rather not believe characters so obviously better suited to the Horde rebels are being wasted until it's made definite.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The problem with the "I hope X gets the last blow" comments is that list is growing bigger and bigger.

Jaina for Theramore
    Varian for Anduin
    Vol'jin because Garrosh is a douchenozzel destroying the Horde
    Nazgrim because of what he said in Northrend
    Baine for his father

I'm sure I'm missing some too.
    Anduin for getting his bell wrung *literally and figuratively*

Deleted
    yet tirion got the last blow.

did he count as getting the last blow :\ from i what remember he jumped at arthas at 10% health then let us kill? or does it just say in lore he got the last hit?

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    I think it's best to wait a couple builds for some context before coming to these conclusions. For example unless I missed something it could turn out that Zaela quelled a raging proto drake that was set on a troll-killing rampage by some other character, and the spying orders might've been given by a suspicious Garrosh rather than a suspicious Vol'jin.

I'd rather not believe characters so obviously better suited to the Horde rebels are being wasted until it's made definite.
    I really hope you're right, but...

https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/316686698086019072
    Twas brillig

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    did he count as getting the last blow :\ from i what remember he jumped at arthas at 10% health then let us kill? or does it just say in lore he got the last hit?
    "The spirits who had been trapped within Frostmourne, including King Terenas Menethil II, attacked their former jailer by suspending him in the air while simultaneously resurrecting Fordring's champions, who were then able to defeat the Lich King." from the Wiki

I bet Tirion was pissed that he was CCed so long that even though he got the final blow we'd all tagged the Lich King already. He must've been sitting there while we're wailing on the last 10% saying:

/s inv
    /s pls inv guys
    /s inv inv inv
    /s you guys are assholes

Luckily whoever gets the final hit on Garrosh will be okay now Blizzard has invented multi-tagging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

it's implied he got the last blow for 2 reasons:

1 - tirion is the only "lore character" there, in the fight. all the others are nameless soldiers, as far as story goes;
    2 - if the raid so desires, they can let tirion kill the lich king by himself. it takes a few hours, but tirion will keep melee attacking the lich king until good ol' arthas is down;
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioichi View Post
    "The spirits who had been trapped within Frostmourne, including King Terenas Menethil II, attacked their former jailer by suspending him in the air while simultaneously resurrecting Fordring's champions, who were then able to defeat the Lich King." from the Wiki

hm ok, i take it back then. i was just going from gameplay where i thought we got the last hit.

anyway, i think we might see anduin in the raid, they seem to have done a lot with him this expac, it would also be weird not to have vol'jin with us, but he might not actually attack Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    I was hoping to see a Zaela/Hellscream child. You can't let a name like Hellscream fade away. Need to have another son that has remorse for his father's actions. Garrosh isn't really communing with demons to gain power. He is more or less experimenting with the unknown. But the two ideas are similar.
    You mean we need a 3rd Hellscream to do what the 2nd Hellscream was supposed to do?
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    You mean we need a 3rd Hellscream to do what the 2nd Hellscream was supposed to do?
    there must always be... *thunder* a hellscream!
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    there must always be... *thunder* a hellscream!

http://youtu.be/nxIMzSjunE4

not sure why this makes me laugh

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think its too early to say. Spying on someone does not necessarily mean they are doing the wrong thing. We might just be waiting to see how loyal they really are. Especial if they realise Garrosh is a sinking ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldscar View Post
    I think its too early to say. Spying on someone does not necessarily mean they are doing the wrong thing. We might just be waiting to see how loyal they really are. Especial if they realise Garrosh is a sinking ship.
    Exactly.

We might just be watching them for some sign of discontent or even speaking with them while disguised to gauge just how open they are to the thought of joining the rebellion or to learn what could sway them in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldscar View Post
    My issue is the troll corpses around the drake Zaela has, it's possible it got loose and killed them without her telling it to but... :\ unlikely
    Twas brillig