Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    It's pretty unfair druids get 133% spec compared to everyone else getting 100%
    You'd think with 4 specs Blizzard could get at least one of them right. Even just by accident they should be able to manage 1 out of 4.

What I'm annoyed about is that to readily be able to use a 3rd spec I now need a 4th set of gear (Tanking, Feral, Feral PvP, and soon-to-be Resto). Meanwhile, you have mages, rogues, etc. that can roll three different specs on the same sets of gear. I really wish they would re-combine Feral/Guardian set bonuses. It was silly/unnecessary for them to split them up given their stat-breakdowns are extremely similar. That or allow players to swap in their old tier gear for new pieces - that way I can at least recycle my old tanking gear into something useful.
    Last edited by proteen; 2013-03-26 at 09:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    You'd think with 4 specs Blizzard could get at least one of them right. Even just by accident they should be able to manage 1 out of 4.
    And they didn't get one of them right...?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by proteen View Post
    What I'm annoyed about is that to readily be able to use a 3rd spec I now need a 4th set of gear (Tanking, Feral, Feral PvP, and soon-to-be Resto). Meanwhile, you have mages, rogues, etc. that can roll three different specs on the same sets of gear. I really wish they would re-combine Feral/Guardian set bonuses. It was silly/unnecessary for them to split them up given their stat-breakdowns are extremely similar. That or allow players to swap in their old tier gear for new pieces - that way I can at least recycle my old tanking gear into something useful.
    You're comparing "mages, rogues etc" being able to use the same gear when they are all DPS. Feral and Guardian are two different roles so that doesn't really relate

You are not forced to play multiple roles, if you don't like it, don't do it.

Just make guardian and feral back to one spec imo. That'll solve the tri-spec problem.

Meanwhile, you have mages, rogues, etc. that can roll three different specs on the same sets of gear.
    I think it's way more of a hassle to regem/reforge /re enchant your gear because obviously differents specs value differents stats ( like fire is all for crit while frost is all for haste) than to collect gear for your offspec. Also not quite sure how ppl would react if mage/locks started to collect every piece of clothes and ring/neck/trinkets for their spec/offspec/offoffspec

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    its pretty outrageous that everyone gets everything but we druids only get 75%. is it fair?
    Why do druids get an extra spec while everyone else is stuck with only 3? Not fair either. lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by baller1308 View Post
    Just make guardian and feral back to one spec imo. That'll solve the tri-spec problem.
    Even when tanking and melee DPS were in the same tree (and viable), you specced differently in the tree to maximise DPS or tanking. It would solve nothing.

Ontopic: That being said, who cares? It allows you to fill more roles than before at less of a headache if you want to go tank/DPS/healer. Otherwise you now have your raiding mainspec/offspec - which is standard in most 10mans these days - and a PvP spec if you wish. Those that are already using all 4 specs on a Druid are already used to the bar switching required, so there's not much impact there.

I can't think of many situations where you'd be personally asked "Hey man, for the first two bosses can you go Feral as they're melee friendly fights, next one we need you in Guardian to tank the extra adds because your Feral spec is worthless for that, then the next few are ranged-favoured so can you go into Balance for that? Oh and if we get time for progression after that, switch to Resto so we can help out the healers, and work out DPS and beating the enrage timer later?"

Don't want it? Don't get it - it'll probably start off expensive and go down in price like last time. Even today you easily see hybrid classes saying that they only DPS, tank or heal and don't want to switch roles, even though they're perfectly capable of doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Why do druids get an extra spec while everyone else is stuck with only 3? Not fair either. lol
    For the Nth time. Druids always had 4specs. Hell, up too and some WotLK you could be best tank and best DPS possible with the same talents.

MoP specs separation was basically a nerf. You might see it as more choice but I'm sure 90% of the Druids saw it as a nerf to their multipurpose spec.

I am happy being a druid with tri-spec~

I am happy also being a non-druid with tri-spec.

Things are good the way they are~

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said this thread has just become an argument about which spec "should be removed" and causes the people of that spec to rage back.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOmegaTitan View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I am so happy for Tri-spec. I miss my feral madness, but where all other classes know can have every spec. Us, my Druid brethren and I, have 4 specs. Still yet I feel torn to have to shelf a spec when everyone else runs around with everything. Im not ranting or bitching, im so pleased for another spec. I've been boomy and resto for too long, but regearing and respecing every day for some feral fun is annoying, and tank spec I miss the most but no pvp groups want feral/guardian druids . What are your thoughts my friends?
    My thoughts:

1) Everyone should keep in mind that there has been no announcement; only a datamined green post. This could be an April Fool's joke, or it could actually be planned. Then again, it could be planned, but scrapped, later on.

2) If you're concerned about shelving a spec, why not level a 2nd druid? Have one as Guardian/Feral, and the second as Resto/Boom. It'd make gear easier, as well. If you love all of the druid specs that much, then the time investment to level a 2nd toon may not be a big deal.

3) I'm apprehensive about what tri-spec might do to the game. Mainly, I'd be concerned about raid leaders pushing players into specs/roles they don't want to play. After all, "can't you just go insert_spec, just this once?" On the other hand, I'd be concerned about players feeling like they "needed" to gear out all three specs, in case they were needed. "Hey, sorry, we have to dump you, as a healer/dps, because so-and-so has 3 sets of gear, all over 510 ilvl."

4) It's not an issue now, but at the start of the xpac, it always seemed like you could be assured that a dps or tank was going to need on healing gear, in random dungeons, or vice-versa. Perhaps the solution would be to move the LFR loot system to random dungeons, as well.

5) I can see potential benefits for tri-spec, especially in PvE. Some fights favor ranged over melee, and vice-versa. The philosophy of "bring the player, not the class" would seem to support a player's ability to swap from kitty to boomkin, or elemental to enhancement. Still, tri-spec doesn't seem like it would have much appeal for the "pure" classes. Then again, maybe it does.

6) If Blizz implements tri-spec, then I think they'd need to also increase the gear acquisition rate. For example, make 10 mans drop 3 or even 4 pieces of loot, instead of 2. Make 25s drop 9 or 10, instead of 6. The downside to that, would be that Blizz may feel that they'd need to increase the challenge level of the bosses, in order to keep raids from progressing "too quickly" and then getting bored with the content. At the very least, they'd need to raise the valor and conquest weekly caps.

7) Also on the gear note, tri-spec would seem to necessitate Blizz addressing bag space. My OS gear already takes up the better part of one of my bags, not to mention all of my mog pieces. Why not allow "void storage" to transform into a one-time gold cost, that would move that piece of gear to a menu system, just like mounts and pets? Let it have a search box, and a built-in dressing room function.

8) Greg Street has hinted at considering scrapping hit & expertise. I think that scrapping hit & expertise would be a quality of life improvement, for tri-spec.

Lastly, given that glyphs and talents are now interchangeable, it seems like the technology is easily in place, to do the same with spec choice. I could see Blizz implementing it, but I'd expect it would have some unforeseen ramifications upon the game.

Making a mountain out of a molehill... < Describes this whole thread.

It's a nice convenience for me personally as I like to heal & DPS during raids and tend to tank dungeons or other things outside raids for the most part including LFR sometimes.

Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    2) If you're concerned about shelving a spec, why not level a 2nd druid? Have one as Guardian/Feral, and the second as Resto/Boom. It'd make gear easier, as well. If you love all of the druid specs that much, then the time investment to level a 2nd toon may not be a big deal.
    Many players just like to play a main character and do multiple things (solo, PvE, PvP) on it. For them alts are not the solution, they want to play/beat the game on one character. This is reinforced by Blizzard's dailies requirement, "slow down"-style gearing, refusal to make grinds account-bound, etc.

3) I'm apprehensive about what tri-spec might do to the game. Mainly, I'd be concerned about raid leaders pushing players into specs/roles they don't want to play. After all, "can't you just go insert_spec, just this once?" On the other hand, I'd be concerned about players feeling like they "needed" to gear out all three specs, in case they were needed. "Hey, sorry, we have to dump you, as a healer/dps, because so-and-so has 3 sets of gear, all over 510 ilvl."
    This is unlikely to happen, and even more unlikely for your own reasons below which you don't seem to like. Playing another spec/role still involves huge amounts of gearing and play learning time, and you are generally recruited for a role, not for an off-role. For pure DPS classes, you had to know all specs to begin with.

4) It's not an issue now, but at the start of the xpac, it always seemed like you could be assured that a dps or tank was going to need on healing gear, in random dungeons, or vice-versa. Perhaps the solution would be to move the LFR loot system to random dungeons, as well.
    Lack of tri-spec hasn't done anything to curtail this problem, tri-spec won't make it any worse than it already is.

6) If Blizz implements tri-spec, then I think they'd need to also increase the gear acquisition rate. For example, make 10 mans drop 3 or even 4 pieces of loot, instead of 2. Make 25s drop 9 or 10, instead of 6. The downside to that, would be that Blizz may feel that they'd need to increase the challenge level of the bosses, in order to keep raids from progressing "too quickly" and then getting bored with the content. At the very least, they'd need to raise the valor and conquest weekly caps.

7) Also on the gear note, tri-spec would seem to necessitate Blizz addressing bag space. My OS gear already takes up the better part of one of my bags, not to mention all of my mog pieces. Why not allow "void storage" to transform into a one-time gold cost, that would move that piece of gear to a menu system, just like mounts and pets? Let it have a search box, and a built-in dressing room function.
    There is no requirement at all for doing any of this. The gearing and learning process is a cost for dual-spec, and should remain a cost for tri-spec. Gearing for multiple roles (especially all three) means that you mean it, that you're willing to learn/play/gear all specs.

This requirement, beyond simply being one that should stay, also means that fear-mongering about "we can now just arbitrarily do everything" moaning is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Many players just like to play a main character and do multiple things (solo, PvE, PvP) on it. For them alts are not the solution, they want to play/beat the game on one character. This is reinforced by Blizzard's dailies requirement, "slow down"-style gearing, refusal to make grinds account-bound, etc.`
    Dailies weren't/aren't a requirement, though. They were an easy path to 489, and then, 496 gear, but were, by no means, required. Regardless, I know some players hate the idea of investing time in alts, which is why I suggested that having an alt for the other two specs 'may' not be a big deal.

This is unlikely to happen, and even more unlikely for your own reasons below which you don't seem to like. Playing another spec/role still involves huge amounts of gearing and play learning time, and you are generally recruited for a role, not for an off-role. For pure DPS classes, you had to know all specs to begin with.
    I disagree with the statement that learning another spec/role takes huge amounts of time. I might be more agreeable to the thought that they take more time to master, but that has nothing to do with dual, versus tri, versus quad spec. Also, I see quite a few guild recruitment posts that are specifically looking for hybrids with viable off-specs/roles.

Lack of tri-spec hasn't done anything to curtail this problem, tri-spec won't make it any worse than it already is.
    IMO, time has been the greatest curb to that problem. Either that, or I just don't see it as a problem, any more, since my toons aren't competing with fresh 90s for 463 gear. You're probably right, though.

There is no requirement at all for doing any of this. The gearing and learning process is a cost for dual-spec, and should remain a cost for tri-spec. Gearing for multiple roles (especially all three) means that you mean it, that you're willing to learn/play/gear all specs.
    Don't get me wrong - I completely agree with you, on this point. If they did tri-spec, it SHOULD mean this. My suspicion is that the whiny-base of players would press for the devs to add more gear, with the one legitimate complaint being in regard to a slower acquisition rate for crafting orbs from raids. On that note, I think the crafted gear model needs to be redone. It seems that, by the time you start collecting enough orbs, you already have equal, or superior pieces, to what you could craft.

This requirement, beyond simply being one that should stay, also means that fear-mongering about "we can now just arbitrarily do everything" moaning is meaningless.
    I don't completely understand what you're stating here.

Quote Originally Posted by sadie View Post
    Guardian FC's are very viable in RBG's and can be very usefull in random bg's aswell... If you're looking for arena though, well you have at least 2 viable arena specs, so as a druid you cannot really complain !
    So you don't have to redo your action bar ever time you respec.
    Hi Sephurik

I think you are looking at this wrong. I am sure there are a lot of classes that would appreciate being able to store 3 specs and 3 gear sets especially when you consider PvP. Now whether it worked like Dual spec where you can change at will is another story but I think we should be able to at least store more than 2 specs. With all the concessions Blizzard has made to alts that sounds like a perfectly reasonable feature to me. Picking talents is nowhere near the pita it used to be but it really makes no sense to have to manually set up talents, glyphs and action bars at this point. As far as having to go to a trainer and pay for it I imagine that will stay in the game for a while but I don't see a problem with storing additional talent and gear sets.
    Last edited by teddabear; 2013-03-31 at 04:20 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    A spec that had melee DPS AND tanking in the same tree. I don't think I even need to go over why that was a problem.

You are also the only class that can be a Healer, Tank, Ranged DPS AND Melee DPS with a single character.

It is utterly amazing how spoiled for choice Druids are and yet still not happy.
    how exactly we are spoiled? you as a rogue for example (dont know what you play i said a random class) got 3 specs that work with the same gear blizzard will nerf the 1st specc you got 2 other options as a druid what you can do when they will nerf your boomkin/resto/feral/guardian ? take the gear and throw it to the garbage we are indeed spoiled its nice to see the one side of the coin all the time

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 07:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    dont know if you check the forums at all but we didnt ask to split the bear/cat in 2 specs blizzard forced us