Heroic Horridon - direhorn spirits

How are other discs handling this mechanic? I'm thinking a focus dispel magic macro.

What is everyone else doing.
    Last edited by Cynnamon; 2013-03-27 at 12:57 PM.

mindbender a day keeps the direhorn away (disc, 10man)
    it pushes (if positioned correctly) spirit far enough and for long enough for you not to bother with it for most of the time. sometimes you need to cast some additional hf/penance while waiting for new mindbender cd.

this means you dont have solace for this fight but honestly i tried both ways while progressing and i liked mindbender so much more that i kept it and had for the kill
    Last edited by babylon; 2013-03-27 at 03:52 PM.

penance knocks it back twice, if it gets too close i just use a smite+penance which is 3 knockbacks. I guess you could use sw too, dunno if dispel works.

I wasn't sure about swp. Does each time the dot ticks knock it back?

Quote Originally Posted by Cynnamon View Post
    Dots arent working.

Solace is pretty powerful here, so I found the best way was using Penance/Solace on it whenever needed. Penance knocks it back twice so it's great, and Solace is insta cast.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Elmurda View Post
    Dots arent working.
    Well it kicks 1 time, penance is just much better at this terms.
    Last edited by Nokami; 2013-03-27 at 02:35 PM.

Mindbender is the best here, it can send it to the back of the room from the centre, you'll only need to worry about it for around 15 secs per minute meaning you can have far more uptime on DPS/Healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmurda View Post
    Dots arent working.
    The on-hit of SWP works, though. Ticks do not.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Twintop View Post
    The on-hit of SWP works, though. Ticks do not.
    And I'm pretty sure this is completely intended.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    And I'm pretty sure this is completely intended.
    No doubt there. Even the on-hit from VT (not that this is a Shadow discussion) does even though it does no damage.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Twintop View Post
    No doubt there. Even the on-hit from VT (not that this is a Shadow discussion) does even though it does no damage.
    This has me thinking offensive dispel is our a solid choice in addition to others mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynnamon View Post
    Only the initial damage hit when you apply it. Which is intended.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Is it me or is atonement not always working when hitting the spirit? I was pushing it back last night with penance and tank died and noticed in death log he had no heal from me at all. I didn't analyze more.

But yes, I went Mindbender, it gave me a big 30 seconds without having to take care of it.. otherwise I have a macro to put shadow word pain on it, since it has no direction requirement, but then again, no atonement heal, so it could end up being an issue. so holy fire/smite/penance even though no damage buff if not cast on horridon could be the best to use when mindbender is on cooldown.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2013-03-27 at 09:29 PM.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

I've killed this boss twice, once with solace and once with mindbender. Mindbender is so so much easier, it sends the dinosaur across the entire room every minute. Most of the time I just had to move about 10 yards and maybe holy fire it once before mindbender was back off CD to push it again. With Solace I was constantly having to smite it to keep it away, not something you want to do in phase 2 when your tanks could be 2 shot at any moment.

I wouldn't recommend a focus macro because healers generally get the spirit while you're stacked on the boss (at least on 25, not sure about 10), so sometimes targeting the spirit to focus it is a bit slow.

This is the macro I use:

#showtooltip Shadow Word: Pain
    /stopcasting
    /target direhorn spirit
    /cast shadow word: pain
    /targetlasttarget

This is coming from 25m, where I had absolutely no mana issues. I would not recommend using sw:p if you have mana issues at all. The reason I didn't use penance or solace on this was because I didn't want to burn their cds on something that didn't take increased damage, and also didn't want to rely on something with a directional requirement/cd. The exception to that was if I was about to shell, I used penance to knock it back so I wouldn't have to worry about it. Mindbender is of course a solid option for this, especially since it lines up so well with when you want to cast shells uninterrupted, but we needed as much damage as possible on the boss so I didn't go that route. With your raid you may find it easier to just use mindbender and forget it.

You can also add a /target humming crystal to that macro for heroic tortos to make it all in one, though I wouldn't recommend using sw:p on tortos if you plan on going holy.

I vote mindbender

Divine Star knocks it back twice if hit correctly.

Mindbender. In the last phase I dont want to have to micromanage the damn dino.