Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

A bit too much leveling at this point?

Nothing deep here, I just feel like we're getting to have a bit too much leveling at this point in WoW, especially if you create a brand new toon. Sure it goes faster now but even so. It can be extremely draining, I can't bring myself to get a toon to 90. Assume another expansion comes out after MoP. You start a new toon, you have to level 1-58 in Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor, then Outland, then Northrend, then Cata zones, then Pandaria, then new zones. I guess people like it, but for me it just gets so tedious and draining.

Deleted
    Well maybe is a time all other classes to have that cool daily quest who gives you 50% experience bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Well maybe is a time all other characters to have that cool daily quest who gives you 50% experience bonus
    Why not just cut XP requirements across the board.

Again.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post

Again.
    The exp is cut enough especially 1-60 one they cut it every expack
    Maybe is a time Blizz to release the payment for level boost on toon something like instant 70 or 80 for 40-50EU.But they will lose lots of subs in that way coz will f**** the character sellers
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2013-03-28 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    The exp is cut enough especially 1-60 one they cut it every expack
    But aren't you suggesting the same thing with the 50% exp buff daily? I agree leveling a new character from 1-90 can be a bit tedious, but that's the price you pay for playing alts. The cold reality is you can just play one or two characters. But I like playing multiple characters, so I suck it up and level them.

10+ Year Old Account
    85-90 needs like a 66% XP cut. 1-85 isn't awful if you have heirlooms, but 85-90 is an interminable grind.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

Again.
    Don't see why not. The game has been out for 7 years, everyone is a tad bit sick of leveling already. Do we really need to repeat the leveling grind every expansion?

Most players just want to hit level cap ASAP so they would have all their spells and talents. So their characters are at maximum potential.

yeah im leveling an alt at lvl56 atm, its a pain. i dont even want to think about 85-90.... i leveled to 90 3 times now, just dont feel like doing it again. i wish there was more fun stuff to do in wow other that grind quests / dungeons / pvp.

DKs get a head start when leveling. If only blizz would reward those who have achieved 90s on other characters with a level boost on any alt they choose not just a DK. :O

The problem is how Blizz goes about leveling. Like for instance, they gave us exp from Pet Battles, it was faster then actual questing, so they nerfed it. Now you can't really level from it. They are forcing us to only level through quests/dungeons. They fall under the guise of "People will only do the most efficient way" but forcing us into a way isn't good either. I have done the quests in the game so many times I can't stand them anymore.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Yeah. I hated it how XP went so fast that by the time I was near the end of a zone all the mobs were grey. On the other hand, leveling to 90 does take too long.

1-60 is okay really. Those levels fly by. I know OL and NR had their XP requirements cut but I still feel like they take too long.

I think a better option than boosting XP or reducing required XP is if the game gave you semi-frequent level boosts. Ideally it'd be something like, you complete a zone and that gives you a token that boosts you 5 levels or something. That way questing wouldn't be so badly affected and you'd have a motive to actually finish storylines. But at this stage I doubt they'd have much luck implementing something like that.

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 05:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    The problem is how Blizz goes about leveling. Like for instance, they gave us exp from Pet Battles, it was faster then actual questing, so they nerfed it. Now you can't really level from it. They are forcing us to only level through quests/dungeons. They fall under the guise of "People will only do the most efficient way" but forcing us into a way isn't good either. I have done the quests in the game so many times I can't stand them anymore.
    It's more like, you quest but while you do you do some pet battles, gather mats etc and don't have to worry that you're not getting XP while you do those things. They definitely don't want to make pet battles the fastest way to level or everyone would feel compelled to level that way, which would be weird and crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by kyoharu View Post
    Nothing deep here, I just feel like we're getting to have a bit too much leveling at this point in WoW, especially if you create a brand new toon. Sure it goes faster now but even so. It can be extremely draining, I can't bring myself to get a toon to 90. Assume another expansion comes out after MoP. You start a new toon, you have to level 1-58 in Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor, then Outland, then Northrend, then Cata zones, then Pandaria, then new zones. I guess people like it, but for me it just gets so tedious and draining.
    You do realize the amount of time to level has been mostly the same for years right? Levels are just a number and Blizzard adjusts the amount xp required to level as they increase the level cap. In all honestly the second you hit 58-60 you fly all the way through to Mop and 85-90 is nearly trivial as well.

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 01:17 AM ----------

Again.
    They have been? I mean come on folks this isn't news. Are people really having that hard of a time finding things to whine about?

85 to 90 definitely needs to be made faster.

And 1-60 a little slower. And they need to NOT have reduced experience from quests once you hit level 60 on Azeroth. That was a stupid change. Why the hell do they FORCE you to go into Outland at 60 when there's plenty more and greater variety of quests still left in Azeroth people can finish.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    85-90 needs like a 66% XP cut. 1-85 isn't awful if you have heirlooms, but 85-90 is an interminable grind.
    Current content never receives xp reductions and I don't quite get why people are asking for it 6 months after Mop released. 85-90 is quite fast as long as you don't restrict yourself to one tiny part of the game. Between pet battles, battlegrounds. dungeons, gathering professions and the fact there are so many quest hubs in Pandaria that you can easily make each lvling experience in Mop completely different. It's fine. Ever think to consider the problem might be you?

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    They have been? I mean come on folks this isn't news. Are people really having that hard of a time finding things to whine about?
    They cut them down for the previous expac, not for the entire game. When Pandaland was released, there weren't any changes to everything pre-Cata.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a necessary evil of MMOs. I think the anticipation of being able to do the content you really want to take part in is what creates that Hell.

I just have to put myself into a different mindset and just knock out every yellow or better quest in an area and move on like a machine. You take your medicine and move on.

Some of it I still find enjoyable. Sometimes I'll choose different areas to level in that I hadn't seen in awhile, and things seem fresher. I always have to have some sort of a new perk to the leveling experience to make that character feel special or unique.

I don't think the whole process is too long, though. Blizzard's made it pretty painless.

I do kind of wish that there were alternate leveling dungeons, or maybe different versions/colors of the ones that already exist.
    I've always said it'd be a cool idea to have seasons in the battlegrounds, like Winter in WSG, for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Huh? you can level 85-90 in a couple of days. How is that a grind?

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Don't see why not. The game has been out for 7 years, everyone is a tad bit sick of leveling already. Do we really need to repeat the leveling grind every expansion?

Most players just want to hit level cap ASAP so they would have all their spells and talents. So their characters are at maximum potential.
    What grind? There is no grind. Look I'm sorry you can't sit in a city 24/7 and grind dungeons all the way to 90. I got nearly a full lvl on one of my 85+ characters by running Wrath heroics for achievements. Lvling content isn't restricted to Pandaria so maybe instead of crying about grinds how about finding ways to make it not a grind? Oh wait I'm sorry I forgot. Anything that doesn't involve begging Mommy Blizzard isn't a solution. Honestly most of you crying about these "grinds" are imposing it on yourselves and it is a cop out to blame Blizzard for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    The content may appear daunting but they've kept the actual levelling time fairly well balanced (this is without boas). 1-70 took the average player (can't speak for anything better since I sucked back then) somewhere in the region of 15 days played I believe.
    I once leveled a Mage to 70 in 14-15 days without BOAs, so you're correct in my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazaxist View Post
    yeah im leveling an alt at lvl56 atm, its a pain. i dont even want to think about 85-90.... i leveled to 90 3 times now, just dont feel like doing it again. i wish there was more fun stuff to do in wow other that grind quests / dungeons / pvp.
    That is your own damn fault. Again lvling is faster when you do a combination of things. Restricting the content you do restricts your lvling spead. Again this is a player created problem.

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 01:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shoegum View Post
    DKs get a head start when leveling. If only blizz would reward those who have achieved 90s on other characters with a level boost on any alt they choose not just a DK. :O
    There is a reason why we haven't gotten another class with a lvl boost. It failed miserably and anyone running TBC 5 mans knows why.

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 01:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    False. Completely 100% totally entirely false. Blizzard made it so you couldn't sit in a city and lvl 1-90 through pet battles without ever leaving. Want to lvl through pet battles? Lvl your pets up and do battles in zones appropriate for your lvl. Again we have numerous options for lvling in and out of Pandaria. Bored? use your options. I'm sorry but I just don't have any sympathy for anyone crying about lvling when Cata streamlined 1-60 and TBC/Wrath take at most hours. In fact 80-85 is just as fast. Again this seems to be a player created problem and not based on anything remotely resembling reality.

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 01:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    85 to 90 definitely needs to be made faster.

And 1-60 a little slower. And they need to NOT have reduced experience from quests once you hit level 60 on Azeroth. That was a stupid change. Why the hell do they FORCE you to go into Outland at 60 when there's plenty more and greater variety of quests still left in Azeroth people can finish.
    85-90 is current content so no that just isn't going to happen. It is no slower than Cata/Wrath at release. Stop looking at your lvl and consider the actual time involved. Getting to lvl cap has always taken around the same amount of time since TBC and if anything it has gotten faster.