Page 18 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hi Everyone,
    I dinged 90 with my Paladin this weekend and healed the first 2 lfr raids yesterday. I am currently gearing up for supporting our guilds 25 man raid. I started playing with Eternal Flame when I farmed the 5 man instances and I really do like and use it alot there. How ever, using asingle target spell in a group of 25 people to counter heal raid wide damage feels wierd. I ended up using it on the tanks or when capping HP in phases without raid damage but switched to LoD otherwise. Do you guys use LoD to consume your holy power in 25man or do you strictly stick with EF?
    Best regards
    Migrin

Quote Originally Posted by Migrin View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    I dinged 90 with my Paladin this weekend and healed the first 2 lfr raids yesterday. I am currently gearing up for supporting our guilds 25 man raid. I started playing with Eternal Flame when I farmed the 5 man instances and I really do like and use it alot there. How ever, using asingle target spell in a group of 25 people to counter heal raid wide damage feels wierd. I ended up using it on the tanks or when capping HP in phases without raid damage but switched to LoD otherwise. Do you guys use LoD to consume your holy power in 25man or do you strictly stick with EF?
    Best regards
    Migrin
    nothing wrong with using LoD. EF is great for when the damage is either highly predictable or only on a few players, but if you know your LoDs (and HRs) won't be overhealing then they're perfectly fine. the problem with that talent tier isnt so much that EF is so strong but that the other two talents are extremely weak. SS on paper is okay but hard to optimize and hardly anyone uses it. Selfless healer is totally worthless of course, since we don't judge.

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 06:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jalient View Post
    The only thing I could suggest is trying to utilize Seal of Insight's mana regen capability now that it actually works with multiple EFs running, as you had 0 mana gained from it on two boss kills. Please keep in mind, I don't know either of the fights you posted (haven't made it to them yet), so I'm unsure if melee'n the boss/adds is an option. Just throwing it out there.

Good luck!

(Maybe I should reload the page before posting twice next time, sorry for any confusion with these posts...)
    oh my god it works now?!? this is the first I've heard of it

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you! Glad to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post

oh my god it works now?!? this is the first I've heard of it
    I don't have a blue post about it or anything, I can just confirm that I've been able to just melee swing the boss like normal and have rec'd an abundance of mana back w/o using CS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lesso/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=12570&e=13199
    Questions, concerns, expectations: Hey everyone, I would just like some advice on how to heal a little better in my 10M. The logs i linked are from last nights raid(the Iron Qon kill at the end was our first kill. Please be aware that I was only 488 ilvl at the time of these logs. I am aware I am undergeared but my guild needed me to play my pally because our pally left and they are very strong healers. I played my pally all thru the end of BC until the beginning of MoP(I raided with my pally until HoF then switched to my MW Monk but that quickly changed after joining my current guild. Any information you guys can give would be very helpful! If possible try not to hate on the stats from Iron Qon because it was our first kill and we were a little short handed and i was just spamming holy radiance to try to keep raid members alive thru fist. I am not really have mana problems during most fights however I feel that my heals are very weak overall but I assume this is because of my gear level. If my logs looks ok and it is just a gearing issue let me know! Thank you in advance for the help everyone!
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2013-03-25 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Please refrain from excessive use of font altering tags

Divine light less (almost not at all) Holy light more
    Light of Dawn less, Eternal Flame more
    don't overheal so much with prism and radiance

Dont sweat being low HPS when you're 3 healing fights which are easy to heal. The disc priest is stealing your potential healing with his absorbs and the monk is (most likely) aoe healing far faster than you can (and thus stealing the opportunity for HPS/M efficient spell usage).

Try using Holy Avenger to cover some of the burst healing requirement. When 3 healing, I generally try to cover periods of low damage as well as possible so that the other healers can use their much more effective aoe healing during raid damage. It's not a meter-winning strategy, but meters don't really matter for healing unless you're wiping.

Deleted

Holy paladin problems and suggestions.

Hi brothers paladins, shining and proud, im here to solve a problem that is creating me and my guild some issues.
    First of all the story: i play holy paladin since day 1, some weeks before the arrive of TBC and i always had nice successes, i always raided in the same guild with of course some switches but the core of my group is remained the same (with the movement from a 25 men to a 10 men tho).
    I was use to top the healing since the beginning, with normal fluctuation due to the talent switches and eventual nerfs.
    In tbc i was only beated in 25 men raids by the "infamous" coh spamming by holy priests
    In tbc i enjoyed the becoming of a spamming machines with the arrive of the haste statistic
    In Northrend i enjoyed all the heroic content with fun and good results.
    In cataclysm i had really god results for the first and the second tier, a bit less in the last heroic tier where i was usually beaten by our powerful priest.
    In mop i had great results at the beginning of the first tier (our compo was pala-priest- shaman in 10 men or pala-priest-monk).
    Nowadays im suffering as hell with i have to admit shitty output.
    Actual composition is:
    1. priest-pala-pala
    2. priest-monk-pala

My profile is:
    link (missing one enchant cause i just replaced that piece)
    I missed many raids in last content so my level of gear was about 10 ilvl less compared to the other healers, tho this differece is already diminished cause off some lucky drops. It's about 5 ilvl now.
    Tho my output is usually 70% of monk and priest with combo #2 and in combo #1 60% of priest and 70% of the other paladin. And this is pretty frustrating and is creating problems too to the guild progress.
    My healing style: i was used to heal in the classic way, beacon on one tank, holy shock on cd, holy light and divine light spam, 3hp eternal flames up on tanks and on players needing some hots. I admint im not a great user of holy radiance, i use it only in situation of conclamated intensive raid damage and i prefer to go for some direct heals if only few members of the raid get damage. I love the new spells hammer of the light and i use i tihnk in a decent way the prism when needed.

Now the problem: I talked with our other paladin to understand my problem cause comparing to his healing as i said my output is 65-70% and cant be caused by that 5-10 ilvl (we have same reforging, comparable spell power and mastery). He plays in a really different way: almost no direct healing and he keeps 1hp eternal flame on all the raid with a result on recout of MASSIVE illuminated healing and a major eternal flame output, same holy shock using and of the rest of the spells.
    I always read that 1hp spells arent suggested but since the output is so different i tried last night to go like that. Finally we had on council a comparable output (i have to admit i almost went crazy playing like that but it can be a matter of being used to it) having me and him topping the healing with the disci suffering a 10%. Tho again at tortos i had a bad surprise: again a huge difference, 40% less than th epriest and 35% less than pala, playing in his hot style (checked on many tries).
    I tried to study recount and i saw: Comparable number and output of holy shock, prism, holy light, divine light. Same use of 1hp eternal flame (many times i even got more ticks), BUT an output of eternal flame in terms of healing really different, causing too a different result in beacon and illuminated healing.

Cant solve this problem, please healp me with some hints.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by mmoc4879c0a491; 2013-03-24 at 01:10 PM.

1) HR>DL all day. I think I use DL 5-7 in an entire fight. MAYBE. Edit: DL can be fantastic during Guardian if used correctly, and you have the mana to support it.
    2)for EF blanketing, use divine purpose. HA can be fantastic, but you must be really good at cd management.
    3) make sure beacon is always on the tank taking the Dmg. Don't just put it on someone and forget it
    4) LH can be amazing burst healing, but you must know when to use. HP is much more forgiving and a smart heal.
    5) make sure when blanketing to not use EF on someone who already has the hot on them.
    6) always try and line it up so that HS will come off cooldown directly after HR cast, to get the most out of splash effect.
    7) your most used spells (assuming you have decent spirit) should be HR, HS, HP (if using) and EF.
    8) my top heals are always 1-mastery 2-EF 3/4/5 and mix up HS/HR/HP
    Last edited by Eluo; 2013-03-25 at 09:47 PM.

@Blessedhands
    WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...12/?enc=bosses

On the council fight where you met the other paladin on par, you had more holy power than him. On all of the previous fights you lost around 10-20 HP to him. On Tortos, I'm not sure which wipe you're talking at but on the longest fight 4:37 you did more eternal flame healing than him. 1 vs 3 HP blanketing is not going to be the main reason for your difference in healing. Even though 1 HP is likely to look better on meters, the more important thing is the reactive healing you can do. Tortos for example, is a good fight to use holy avenger on right after crush. As it was mentioned above, holy radiance should be used over DL especially on targets without the beacon. In your fights on Tortos, you case divine light 87 times and got the holy power from tower of radiance only 9. That's a lot of holy power you're missing out on. Rather than switching your beacon every time your DL, holy radiance to get the HP on people who are stacked. You only need to hit around 3 people for the beacon transfer to be the same as a divine light. Typically, I target melee in my raid, but if it so happens that ranged are stacked up, it's perfectly viable to use on them as well. Sometimes you just need to watch to see who you can use it on.

Also, to help both of you out I would suggest using your cooldowns. Guardian of the Ancient Kings was not used on any Tortos encounters. Avenging Wrath and Divine Favor are also barely used.

Help me review this Holy Pal

Hey. Unfortunately Holy Pal is one of the areas I am least knowledgeable at for current tier. Would some top HPals help me review this prospect and give their opinions on if he is a HM capable player? Thanks!

guilds/235303 on WoL is our guild. Site won't let me post full address.

Guild name is Ad Victorém

Pal name is Artheriax.

Thanks in advance!

He's currently wearing PvP gear so....not very helpful.

For what it's worth, I don't like his choice of gems/reforge for PvP? haha.

For others:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...theriax/simple

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...theriax/simple (wearing pve healing gear now)
    WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/235303/character/

Apart from suffering typical paladin problems, fairly low HS usage (with 4 set you should be going for at least greater than your fight length/10, shooting for around 12 uses a minute), cooldown usage, I think he uses too much Light of Dawn in the way 10 mans go. It's also strange to me why he uses Glyph of Illumination. The numbers look fantastic (100K mana returned on Megaera) but overall this glyph is a mana regen loss with his gear. He seems to be prioritizing mastery over spirit. I suspect that he is running into some mana issues with around 12K spirit full raid buffed. If he hasn't yet, any further heroics will attest to that. If he prioritized more eternal flames I think his HPS would go up a lot,

Awesome. Thanks for taking time to respond Monikasun. Much appreciated

Healing 10H Jin'rokh

LOGS

took us a lot longer than I'd expect to iron out the strategy, but we're still losing people during lightning storm. I went ret for a few attempts and was able to keep myself alive every time, but the healers didn't feel 2 healing was manageable overall. Back to holy, and I can cover every other lightning storm moderately well with avenger, but we STILL have people dying.

The logs arent that useful due to people intentionally eating diffusion to wipe etc, but whatever.

What tactics are your raids using to deal with lightning storm, and what methods are you using to get through it? We have a lot of people who can't reliably heal themselves in our group, and obviously most of their damage reduction abilities have been spent on ionization. I wonder if maybe we should have a HOTW tranq and just focus on keeping her up while she's channelling?

I went into this fight expecting it to be very easy - and it is - but I'm having a hard time pinpointing what is causing our deaths aside from just bad play. Should we be healing more, or should people be taking less damage?

edit: I hate you mods, this is not a fix my heals post, I am perfectly confident in my healing abilities.
    Last edited by dennisdkramer; 2013-03-27 at 05:52 AM.

What tactics are your raids using to deal with lightning storm, and what methods are you using to get through it? We have a lot of people who can't reliably heal themselves in our group, and obviously most of their damage reduction abilities have been spent on ionization. I wonder if maybe we should have a HOTW tranq and just focus on keeping her up while she's channelling?
    Simple. Don't use as many personals for the ionization. And also try to avoid the Diffused Lightning orbs a bit better.

Some things that were killing us...People need to watch the dispells on ionization and not to time it with a static burst as that will one shot you. Where is your guild standing during lightning storm? Are they spread out or clumped up near an area? My guild does this with success, get the tank to throw on the bottom right statue, during lightning storm, go to the left half of the room and stand near the grates as a group unless the melee can keep themselves up, keep dpsing the boss. Get him to throw the tank on the bottom left statue then same thing go to the top of the room and stand near the grate area. Usually our shaman pops a healing cooldown and we get a barrier somewhere and it seems to be fine. People should not get hit with more than 1 diffused lightning, that is their own responsibility. Make sure that your tanks are taunting off after getting static wound your guild seem to be taking quite a bit of damage from that.

Quote Originally Posted by monikasun88 View Post
    Some things that were killing us...People need to watch the dispells on ionization and not to time it with a static burst as that will one shot you. Where is your guild standing during lightning storm? Are they spread out or clumped up near an area? My guild does this with success, get the tank to throw on the bottom right statue, during lightning storm, go to the left half of the room and stand near the grates as a group unless the melee can keep themselves up, keep dpsing the boss. Get him to throw the tank on the bottom left statue then same thing go to the top of the room and stand near the grate area. Usually our shaman pops a healing cooldown and we get a barrier somewhere and it seems to be fine. People should not get hit with more than 1 diffused lightning, that is their own responsibility. Make sure that your tanks are taunting off after getting static wound your guild seem to be taking quite a bit of damage from that.
    that's exactly what we're doing, except our melee can't even remotely keep themselves up, nor can our ranged. We're only getting through with everyone alive when i pop avenger and spam aoe heals. that was one thing I noticed on the attempts I was ret, was that I was mostly able to keep myself alive with flash heal and WoG with few external heals. I suggested that maybe people should examine their talents and see if they could heal themselves a bit, since healers can't heal all that much while dodging the lightning. Mostly the response I got was "nah we cant heal ourselves at all" which seems kind of bullshit to me, but I'm not familiar with all classes. We'll have our lock back for our next attempts and I'm sure the healthstones will help, at least.

I know static wound overlaps so theres some damage regardless, does our damage taken from it seem high in general or is there some specific number you're looking at that implies tanks may have been taunting wrong? Thats definitely something to look into.

Also, a LOT of our deaths were at the end of the lightning storm, we had people survive with low health and he would immediately static shock the tank dealing 250k to the raid and killing anyone with low health. Is that normal? we just have to make sure everyone has enough health every time?

---------- Post added 2013-03-27 at 11:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Simple. Don't use as many personals for the ionization. And also try to avoid the Diffused Lightning orbs a bit better.
    I assume like the below poster you mean just to time it with the static shock, since thats the only source of raid damage during that phase?

Our Megaera attempts.
    We've tried a lot of different strats, and we just seems to be wiping because of overwhelming mechanics.

I just need some advice on how to improve.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-mv...?s=9048&e=9542

Quote Originally Posted by Hrrom View Post
    Our Megaera attempts.
    We've tried a lot of different strats, and we just seems to be wiping because of overwhelming mechanics.

I just need some advice on how to improve.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-mv...?s=9048&e=9542
    most of your deaths are from cinders, healers just need to be a little bit faster about healing people with the debuff.

Also, try not killing the blue head so you never get the frost laser. We did it normally the first week and it was pretty tough, running around all the time we had deaths to cinders and stuff, especially if they had just run to the back from frost and were out of range of a healer. The next week, we did it without killing blue and it was an easy one-shot.

most of your deaths are from cinders, healers just need to be a little bit faster about healing people with the debuff.
    Cinders aren't one of our problems. We had deaths from it on that attempt due to a lack of communication.

Also, to your other point on the kill order. I think that's the best way as well. We had a few attempts where we were killing blue and it's just crazy since there is so much running to do.