Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Every expansion we get a new heirloom which increases leveling speed by 10%, I think we are up to 55% exp bonus now, which means leveling through the game is 55% faster now right up to current content. If you add in a recruit a friend, it gets mindblazingly fast. As it stands I pretty much outlevel a 1-60 zone by doing a dungeon or two and a single quest hub. Then its off to the next 5 level zone.

You can level through Cataclysm in 1.5-2 zones.

The day you get the ability to buy a exp booster to carry you to level 70+ is the day you rant non-stop about running a dungeon with a noob who has no clue what they are doing wiping your party in a faceroll dungeon, its a genie that you can't put back in the bottle. Once its out, its out.

Frankly I used Recruit a friend because my daughter wanted to play and we went to level 80 very quickly but I made her do it all over again from level 1 to 80 with another character without the RAF bonus because she accelerated too quickly through the game and needed more time learning the basics before I inficted her upon a group of players in a dungeon or end game. You're welcome. :P

New players need that time to come to grips with what they are doing. If experienced players really want an alt then they will be willing to give some effort in leveling up. Not everything needs to be instant gratification.
    I really wish people would stop bringing up BoAs when talking about how long leveling takes. Not everyone is in a level 25 guild with access to all of them. Not everyone has a friend to recruit. The most I can get is 20% faster through BoA, and only up to 80. To many people leveling takes way too long. Quit telling them they are wrong.

There's always Zygor.

I know how to level fast and efficiently as I've done it with 7 classes. The experience is so unenjoyable at this point that I can't bring myself to finish the rest until some XP cuts happen or something else to speed up the process. It's not so much the length of time that bothers me primarily but that time spent doing the same thing over and over if you want to be the most efficient time-wise. There is nothing new by the 3rd/4th alt, let alone the 8th. My ambition would spark again if I something happened to shorten the time I have play repeat content.

10+ Year Old Account
    1-85 is not that bad, 85-90 however is just horrible (that's my opinion)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I really wish people would stop bringing up BoAs when talking about how long leveling takes. Not everyone is in a level 25 guild with access to all of them. Not everyone has a friend to recruit. The most I can get is 20% faster through BoA, and only up to 80. To many people leveling takes way too long. Quit telling them they are wrong.

But it's not only the gear with exp boost that is important tho, If you have the loom weapon and trinkets, the amount of additional dps you gain when leveling alone will propel you through areas at pretty much double speed, and everyone can get those if they really want.

10+ Year Old Account
    why not just give us all instant 90's.. i for one enyoy the leveling =) thats why i had 12 85's in Cata and an insane amount of alts between lvl's 20-82 not alts i plan getting to max lvl.. since thats not why i make new toons, its just fun to play a new toon from scratch with heirlooms and stuff =)

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Then learn how to read because I specifically said that I sent my daughter back to a level 1 character without RAF or heirlooms because RAF caused her to level so quickly that she didn't really understand the game well enough and needed the slow leveling process to fully grasp wow enough to play endgame in pugs. So no, new players don't need a fast track to max level, they need to spend that time learning the basics of game play. Too much too fast for new players just gives a blurred experience which results in a noob who just spends the next few months getting kicked out of pugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    1-90 still takes less time than 1-60, i'm happy.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    why not just give us all instant 90's..
    It's coming. Folks just need to keep complaining, and the retail game will eventually work just like the PTR does.

85-90 is not fun to level any more.

It doesn't change...at all. Not one bit. Why they buffed heirlooms to 85, but not 90 makes absolute 0 sense to me.

My first 90 I leveled via questing, my second...dungeons. My second one came out worse because he had 0 rep across the board, so I had to go back and do the quests anyway to start getting rep for valor gear.

What they SHOULD do is just have an exp buff applied to your account when you get the zone achievement for doing the # of required quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Coleslaw View Post
    85-90 is not fun to level any more.

It doesn't change...at all. Not one bit. Why they buffed heirlooms to 85, but not 90 makes absolute 0 sense to me.

My first 90 I leveled via questing, my second...dungeons. My second one came out worse because he had 0 rep across the board, so I had to go back and do the quests anyway to start getting rep for valor gear.

What they SHOULD do is just have an exp buff applied to your account when you get the zone achievement for doing the # of required quests.
    I thought 85-90 was easy, yea a little longer than before 85 and heirlooms but still easy. Just do your gathering professions, que for dungeons and bgs will get you there super fast.

if looms were buffed to 90 would been fine to level a 4th alt but not gonna do it unless that changes so far out of my 3s 90s only one of them has quested from 85-90 refuse to do the same quests over and over again, its why pet battles were so good could just power from 85-89 then grind the last level with rested and a guild banner in like an hour

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Then learn how to read because I specifically said that I sent my daughter back to a level 1 character without RAF or heirlooms because RAF caused her to level so quickly that she didn't really understand the game well enough and needed the slow leveling process to fully grasp wow enough to play endgame in pugs. So no, new players don't need a fast track to max level, they need to spend that time learning the basics of game play. Too much too fast for new players just gives a blurred experience which results in a noob who just spends the next few months getting kicked out of pugs.
    Agreed. That's why leveling being (can be) so fast now, we have lots of players who have no idea how to play their class properly and/or how the game works in some aspects.
    Last edited by Verdandy; 2013-03-28 at 12:45 PM. Reason: corrections

10+ Year Old Account
    Naaa, they cut the experience every new expansion so i don't think we really need that

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't see the issue...

I've played other games where leveling took much longer, and WoW is really not that bad. They've already cut down on the amount of xp it takes to level in old expansion areas, repeatedly. You can get xp from quests, grinding mobs, doing dungeons, doing BGs, doing pet battles...you have a variety of choices.

I recently leveled two fresh characters. One from 1-85 on a new realm to me where I had no heirlooms and didn't know anyone outside of a friend who started me off with 2k gold. I sold battle pets and made enough money to purchase the 1-85 heirloom pieces from the guild vendor from the level 25 leveling guild I joined. Even "without heirlooms" in a sense, it didn't take that long to level.

The second character I just hit 90 on yesterday. I server transferred my main with every single heirloom I've ever acquired, and leveled a fresh character on the server I moved it to. With all heirlooms (including fishing tourny ring) it must have taken maybe two weeks real life time at most to level and that wasn't playing all the time.

My biggest complaint with leveling honestly is 85-90, particularly 88-90...and I fear this may be just because I've now done it five times and am just overall tired of seeing those zones again in such a short period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sound911 View Post
    1-85 is not that bad, 85-90 however is just horrible (that's my opinion)
    This is also my opinion.

I'll find ways to get another half dozen alts to 90 but it'll be various versions of holding my nose.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Why not just cut XP requirements across the board.

Again.
    If anything, leveling period is too short.

Yes, it is way too much right now. BC/wrath take too long, and even 1-58 is tedious without flight paths. Ironically 80-85 is surprisingly fast now. 85-90 is stretched out way too thinly over way too many quests.

If anything lvling is too fast right now. Took about 3 days of played to get get to 90. And could've been faster. (New toon)

Deleted
    New 90 shouldn't be something you can have easily I am strongly certain that MMOs and RPGs should be about grind or peeps will get boring.

Atm is leveling too fast, there are many beautiful zones in Azeroth with HUGE potential, but nobody has a chance to see em..