Deleted

Reputation suggestion

Hi.

So, I've been wondering one thing and I finally thought that I would shed some light on it.
    I really like what you done with the MoP rep, you hit revered and your alt(s) get double the rep for that given faction.

Now I love to faction grind, not only with my main but also with any alt I create, I thrive to get everyone of them to exalted! (insane but the way I like to play)

Now I wondered, how come you don't make the same change (revered=faster rep for alts) for the old factions. If you reach revered with your main first, it would make our and our alts lives easier, cause the second time the rep would be 2x!

I can even RP it, I just figured the faction knows my main (who is revered/exalted) and therefore I climb their ranks a bit faster - can't really see anything negative with it.

Thanks in advance!

P.S loving 5.3!

Seems like this is the way things are headed since MoP rep is easier to gain. Only real issue is, none of the old stuff is really relevant, so they would have to go back in and create items for all of these factions and add them to their QMs (if they even have one). I would vote yes for it, but not sure I see it happening anytime soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LeroyJenkins View Post
    Seems like this is the way things are headed since MoP rep is easier to gain. Only real issue is, none of the old stuff is really relevant, so they would have to go back in and create items for all of these factions and add them to their QMs (if they even have one). I would vote yes for it, but not sure I see it happening anytime soon.
    That's the thing, I didn't get why you had to buy the item. Couldn't they make it an automatic feature, if you hit revered with x faction, it triggers the "buff" to your alts?

Logically, it seems "easy" to pull off. Just because its old content, doesn't mean that players don't enjoy that content. I know a few guys irl that enjoy levelling and faction/rep advancement as much as I do.

They added the item because it wasn't obvious to the player that they were now getting the additional rep gains without some interaction on the players' part.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    They added the item because it wasn't obvious to the player that they were now getting the additional rep gains without some interaction on the players' part.
    Okay that's fair enough. But they should still consider adding it to the old content.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would much prefer account bound rep...at the start of mop i leveled my first 90 as my dk...but i just couldn't get into the dailies because i knew i would have to do them all again on my main...now i want to play a shaman healer but i know once new reps eg 5.3/ 5.4 are introduced i will basically have to abandon that character and go back to my main again -.-

It doesn't help that the mobs required for dailies have got tougher (doubled or more in hp over 300k mobs) it means i need to also get better gear for my main and for my other character where as i just want to focus on one character but doing so would cost me weeks worth of grinding -,-

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I would much prefer account bound rep
    I can see pros and cons with this idea. While it would allow you the chance to already be Honored/Revered/Exalted with certain factions, it would also prevent alts from doing certain things. Example: My pally is a Bloodsail Admiral. He is not welcome in BB. If rep were account-wide, I would have to spend a few days bribing some traitor with a ton of cloth and red dye just to let my lowbie alt feel safe when passing through Booty Bay without a flying mount. Like I said, has its merits & some drawbacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeroyJenkins View Post
    I can see pros and cons with this idea. While it would allow you the chance to already be Honored/Revered/Exalted with certain factions, it would also prevent alts from doing certain things. Example: My pally is a Bloodsail Admiral. He is not welcome in BB. If rep were account-wide, I would have to spend a few days bribing some traitor with a ton of cloth and red dye just to let my lowbie alt feel safe when passing through Booty Bay without a flying mount. Like I said, has its merits & some drawbacks.
    That would definitely be a bug Im sure blizz would try to fix as quickly as possible. But Im sure eventually they would get it so that you would be able to keep your bloodsail admiral title while switching you back over to steamweedle cartel if you have a positive rep on other characters, like the way the mounts and companions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Exerus View Post
    That would definitely be a bug Im sure blizz would try to fix as quickly as possible. But Im sure eventually they would get it so that you would be able to keep your bloodsail admiral title while switching you back over to steamweedle cartel if you have a positive rep on other characters, like the way the mounts and companions work.
    That would be awesome if rep was account wide, but only applied to Neutral-Exalted Rep. Anything in Red would not be shared.

You realize that there are very few reputations that give you anything that you have to grind like the 5.0 MoP reps. The MoP reps now have double gains for alts and above revered, the Cata reps can be done through tabards and soloing MoP heroics for a few days, the Wrath reps can be bought with JP, BC reps can be done by soloing BC heroics for a few days, and the major vanilla reps can be done through tabards in any dungeon. A lot of reps also have turn ins that you can just buy on the AH.

If it was just for alts and didnt half the rep required from revered to exalted I would be OK with it or account bound rep.