Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Vereesa Windrunner and Rexxar - 6.0 Faction leaders?

TLDR - This is not a Bloodelves change faction thread.

Ogres and High Elves. For years, we've seen these races around Azeroth with no way to play them. After the bloody coup that is the Siege of Orgrimmar, both factions will need to bolster their ranks, and reaching out to these two nearby allies will become a more tempting opportunity.

Vereesa - Her husband dead. Her adopted home now in control of the alliance once more. She's helped the Alliance in Pandaria, and she is now a more recognized character in the World of Warcraft. She would lead her people, few though they are, to a new home with the Alliance in the Eastern Kingdoms.

Rexxar - Months back, we heard that we would see Rexxar once more. Long time friend of Vol'jin, Thrall, and Chen Stormstout, now is the time for this Mok'Nathal ogre to come back and lead the ogres from Dustwallow Marsh as they join the horde, where Garrosh has made it easier to control by removing Theramor as a threat.

Their tie to each other? The return of Alleria, Verieesa's older sister from Outland, where Rexxar has been living. Something about the return of the eldest Windrunner sister has driven the ogres of the shattered Draenor to leave seeking a home with their new allies. Rexxar is angry about being uprooted when he didn't want any part of the war between the orcs and humans, but he'll do what he must to guard his people.

So, thoughts? The idea is that we're not trying to switch the factions around, nor trying to make a race neutral. It's just two more races we've already seen in WoW that are not currently playable, but can be.

Would be hard to take the Alliance seriously helmed by the last and least of the Windrunners.

She may be least in terms of popularity, but she isn't some weakling.

sylvanas needs to give her lil sister some good ol' spanking so she'll learn her place
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    sylvanas needs to give her lil sister some good ol' spanking so she'll learn her place
    When Alleria returns she'll do the same to both of them, she always was the more bad ass Windrunner sister :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

It would make for a great story to see how the sisters interact once they're on opposing sides. It could become a new impetus for Sylvanas to show that she's not the "evil" one.

Rexxar = good choice for Horde (not great, but good)

Vereesa Windrunner = very stupid choice, might as well let new "b*tch" Jaina be your faction leader. If you guy want a "Seige on Stormwind" next expansion sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    When Alleria returns she'll do the same to both of them, she always was the more bad ass Windrunner sister :P
    Alleria yells: sylvanas, vereesa, come back here! your big sis needs to give you some spanking!
    Sylvanas says: "big sis"? you may be the oldest, but I am the big sis now. *shows cleavage*
    Alleria cries.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    At first, Vereesa was unaware of Sylvanas' fate.[14] However, when she learned of her fate, Vereesa mourned her sister and was enraged when her cousin Zendarin recklessly called Sylvanas a Banshee. [15]
    I highly doubt Vereesa will ever be capable of being an all-out enemy of her sister (someone she clearly still loves). I doubt Sylvanas would be able to handle it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    Alleria yells: sylvanas, vereesa, come back here! your big sis needs to give you some spanking!
    Sylvanas says: "big sis"? you may be the oldest, but I am the big sis now. *shows cleavage*
    Alleria cries.
    haha i laughed. I think it would be interesting to see if they were to reunite the three sisters how they would interact. I'm sure Alleria will denounce any relation to Sylvannas until she MAYBE finds out the situation surrounding who and what she has now become. Though she's still evil.

I hope Blizzard makes all existing high elves, join the bloodelves.
    Seeing as the reason they divided in the first place has been resolved.
    (use of fel magic)
    Now they have a sunwell, they should all get along as bloodelves.

Quote Originally Posted by McLockhart View Post
    But why would the High Elves join the Blood Elves and alienate themselves from the Alliance? An alliance they themselves joined and helped during the second and third war. The Alliance even saved Silvermoon from the trolls of the Amani tribe.
    Because...FOR THE HORDE! It would have been as good as any other explanation.

OT: I like this idea but I blizz should wait atleast another expansion before they add anymore races to neglect. as they have the bad track record of adding new races then forgetting about them entirely.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

I don't think the OP is suggesting these characters becaome the new warchief and high king. I think he's suggesting them as faction leaders for new races, more akin to Genn/Velen/Lor'themar/Gallywix rather than Varian or Thrall/Garrosh/Upcoming Mystery Warchief.

I'm fine with Vereese being a high elf racial leader, though I'd rather see a returned Alleria doing it, but I'd rather see an ogre leader rather than Rexxar leading the ogres.

Anyone else though get the feeling that Alleria might rejoin with Silvermoon as a Horde character and Turalyon g back to the Alliance? They'd probably both be pro peace like old Jaina and Anduin and Baine, but I could see them sending one character to each faction for balance.

But why would the High Elves join the Blood Elves and alienate themselves from the Alliance? An alliance they themselves joined and helped during the second and third war. The Alliance even saved Silvermoon from the trolls of the Amani tribe.
    That is quite wrong,the Alliance never saved Silvermoon from the trolls, the human kingdom of Arathor did, which ceased to exist shortly afterwards, the elves did not join voluntarily in neither the second nor the third war. They only interfered in the second war, because they owed the Arathor bloodline a debt, which they repaid by sending Alleria and her ranger cadre. They joined the war after the outskirts of Quel'thalas were burning, though mainly to fight the amani Trolls not the orcs. During the Third war there was only high elven support through Dalaran, their last true ally, since they left the Alliance after the second war.

After the devastation of Quel'thalas the blood elves rejoined and were treated poorly, by Garithos they fled to Outland to serve Illidan. Rommath returns to Silvermoon and the schism starts, the high elves who don't agree with the new ways leave Quel'thalas and most of them rejoin the Alliance.

[/COLOR]
    When I said alliance, I was referring to the alliance between the High Elves and the human kingdom of Arathor (:
    Which ceased to be, when said kingdom crumbled and died, since that time the only human kingdom they were allied with was Dalaran and the debt they owed to the arathi line. Elves and humans never have been very close allies.

Deleted
    Future leaders of the two new races - High elves and Mok'Nathal maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    I hope Blizzard makes all existing high elves, join the bloodelves.
    Seeing as the reason they divided in the first place has been resolved.
    (use of fel magic)
    Now they have a sunwell, they should all get along as bloodelves.
    Two brothers live together on their familiy's pig farm. One day an evil army passes by and kills all the pigs. Faced with debilitating hunger, one brother decides to start eating the neighbors. The other one, appalled by the path his brother has chosen, rather leaves his ancestral pig farm behind and survives off the little animals he manages to catch in the wild. Neither brother agrees with the decision of the other and they stop talking.

Many years later, the pigs return to the farm and the brother that stayed returns to eating pork.

Do you really think the conflict between the brothers is thus resolved?

Quote Originally Posted by iscalio View Post
    Two brothers live together on their familiy's pig farm. One day an evil army passes by and kills all the pigs. Faced with hunger, one brother decides to start eating the neighbors instead of pork. The other one, appalled by the path his brother has chosen, rather leaves his ancestral pig farm behind and tries lives off the little animals he manages to catch in the wild. Neither brother agrees with the decision of the other and they stop talking.

Many years later, the pigs return to the farm and the brother that stayed returns to eating pork.

Do you really think the conflict between the brothers is thus resolved?
    That is a bit drastic, it would be more like one brother eats dirty rotting meat, not his neighbors.

When I said alliance, I was referring to the alliance between the High Elves and the human kingdom of Arathor (:

True, Garithos treated them poorly. But considering what the Horde consists of today, I'd as a High Elf choose the Alliance any day. Why would the High Elves join in with the undead? Many of the same undead helped slaughter High Elves during the invasion of Quel'Thalas. Why would they forgive the Blood Elves who exiled them when they refused to use fel magic?
    Because the Forsaken sent troops to help defend their lands against the Scourge in BC.

They were close enough to let many of the High Elves rejoin the Alliance?[COLOR="red"]
    And, that matters how? The forsaken are also part of the horde and not all High elves are part of the Alliance Quel'Lithien for example was not. They don't need to be close in order to let them join. After all Varian wanted to get the blood elves into the Alliance, even though they were at war at the time.