Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Help With Trinkets (ele)

So Im currently running relic with cha's essence. I can buy the vp trink to replace relic but im not sure thats the way to go or if I should aim for wushoolay or breath of hydra? What would be best to replace relic with in your guys opinion?

Toon is on Area-52 Störmpaw US

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe you replace the trinket off sha before the relic of yu'lon.

correct answer is to sim it

I would if not at work at the moment. But I was under the impression we're going to want to stay away from haste proc trinkets by end of the tier but i'm quite possibly totally mistaken. I suppose just kind of looking for a few extra opinions lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    i run PE so haste is generally king for me

Quote Originally Posted by seriouslyshift View Post
    So Im currently running relic with cha's essence. I can buy the vp trink to replace relic but im not sure thats the way to go or if I should aim for wushoolay or breath of hydra? What would be best to replace relic with in your guys opinion?

Toon is on Area-52 Störmpaw US
    Ele trinkets (normal): Hydra > Vision ~= Cha-ye's > Wushoolays > Volatile > any T14 trinket (heroic and/or upgraded)

Therefore it is better to replace your relic with the vp trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by EruptorNZ View Post
    Ele trinkets (normal): Hydra > Vision ~= Cha-ye's > Wushoolays > Volatile > any T14 trinket (heroic and/or upgraded)

Ah thank you for the info Eruptonz Will def be picking up the vp trinket now.

What is the basis for this? I'm fairly certain 484 relic is > volatile... And I'm also fairly certain woosho + cha ur will be our strongest until such time as we can't get out of hit and it's wasted stats. Also Lei Shen trinket?! Why would you want this except gcd people in pvp?

Deleted
    Yulon is roughly 2k intellect (on average) and Volatile is 1,4k intellect and 2k haste (on average). How Yulon can be better?

Quote Originally Posted by desert-wind View Post
    What is the basis for this? I'm fairly certain 484 relic is > volatile... And I'm also fairly certain woosho + cha ur will be our strongest until such time as we can't get out of hit and it's wasted stats. Also Lei Shen trinket?! Why would you want this except gcd people in pvp?
    I was also under the impression of this thus why I came to the boards seeking more experienced shaman than I.

Quote Originally Posted by desert-wind View Post
    I'm going off the information that Binkenstein posted

Wushoolays has far too much hit, at higher gear levels you'll be over hit capped - just look at brightleaf, sitting at 17% hit.

Visions is a 200 dps upgrade over Cha-ye's. I'm going to be aiming for Hydra + Cha-ye's since I don't want to deal with tracking the Visions proc for such a minimal dps upgrade.

I'm going off the information that Binkenstein posted

Wushoolays has far too much hit, at higher gear levels you'll be over hit capped - just look at brightleaf, sitting at 17% hit.

Visions is a 200 dps upgrade over Cha-ye's. I'm going to be aiming for Hydra + Cha-ye's since I don't want to deal with tracking the Visions proc for such a minimal dps upgrade.
    That makes since when put like that. So hydra does reliably proc off of FS I take it then?

Deleted
    Well i wouldn't want to pis off the dot classes by "stealing" the Hydra trinket. And a margin of 1000-3000 DPS isn't that much if we are doing ~200k DPS. Of course if you can pick 1 up, why not. If a DoT class needs it too, pass it i would say.

Sitting at 17% hit and still enchanting his legs with spirit and gemming spirit instead of stamina...
    Shaman - Hunter - Monk - Druid - Warlock - DK - another Shaman - one more Shaman

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faeglendir View Post
    Sitting at 17% hit and still enchanting his legs with spirit and gemming spirit instead of stamina...
    Although I do understand the point you are trying to make, why would you ever gem stamina? Oo The only time I remember doing that was at naj'entus in TBC.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Quote Originally Posted by Beriohtarion View Post
    Well i wouldn't want to pis off the dot classes by "stealing" the Hydra trinket. And a margin of 1000-3000 DPS isn't that much if we are doing ~200k DPS. Of course if you can pick 1 up, why not. If a DoT class needs it too, pass it i would say.
    Hydra is RPPM, it should have minimal differences between us and DoT classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    Although I do understand the point you are trying to make, why would you ever gem stamina? Oo The only time I remember doing that was at naj'entus in TBC.
    If you have 17% hit, all the spirit in your sockets is worthless. You're basically choosing between +80 int and +80 int +120 stam. I am talking about sockets where you need to gem purple, because socket bonus for doing so is superior, +180 int or +120 int. In this situation, why would someone NOT choose the extra few HP for free?
    Shaman - Hunter - Monk - Druid - Warlock - DK - another Shaman - one more Shaman

Deleted
    That is true for sure, but it still wont cut probably the load of useless hit on Wushoolay (and even more on hc/hc-tf version), in compare with other trinkets. I mean, you gonna be over-hitted anyway.

yup and he bought the 522 spirit/haste ring, he should know elemental is going to come into hit issues going over the cap, instead he should of bought the ring without any spirit.

then as you pointed out the fail leg enchant.

brightleaf isn't that good at elemental he just plays 16 hours a day and ptr all the time, clearly without any knowledge of gearing and whats coming for elemental in the future.

and i agree with the people saying use 80int/120 stam, might as well gain some hp you never know when that 1k hp overkill is coming.

Hmm strange thought relic was better than lfr tot trinks but with hydra lfr version it sims about 3 k dps more. when i got hydra trink on first weak from testing it was dps loss but now a boost and from what i have seen it procs wery good from flame shock
    Last edited by mrinvisable2; 2013-03-31 at 02:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am trying to understand why Volatile ranked so low.

I always favoured int on equip over int on random proc, but that is just a personal thing.

The average int on Volatile is good, and the Haste proc is rather reliable, while I can easily see it not being the best T15 trinket, I didn't imagine it would be that low down the food chain.