Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Archimonde will be Card im sure not hero.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

For the rogue, how about the one from Craft of War: BLIND?

He says praying that she isn't actually a lore character he's not recognizing
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    For the rogue, how about the one from Craft of War: BLIND?

He says praying that she isn't actually a lore character he's not recognizing
    It's Valeera Sanguinar.

Companion of Varian Wrynn during his travels as a gladiator. She also appeared in the old Siege of Undercity chain as Alliance.

I'm a bit disappointed by several of the choices. Humans are a dime a dozen, so they pick Anduin instead of motherfucking Velen to represent a heroic priest? Not even Tyrande? I woulda been happy with Benedictus or Faol, even.

Warlock for Gul'dan, yeah, not many options.

Can't tell if the Paladin is Uther or Tirion, or maybe that... Fellow who's name escapes me, lover of Alleria Windrunner? I swear I usually know this.

Disappointed by Rogue too. There were options that people might, y'know, recognize. Nobody knows Valeera. Maiev, maybe. Illidan. Would've killed for VanCleef Sr. Warrior strikes me as... temporary? Nobody's gonna care about Garrosh in, what, a year?
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    It's Valeera Sanguinar.
    I don't think the one in BLIND is Valeera. Or did you misread my suggestion as a question?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I don't think the one in BLIND is Valeera. Or did you misread my suggestion as a question?
    I suppose I did! Thought you meant the Rogue hero was the character from BLIND. And, jee, thanks for reminding me that video exists, there goes several minutes of my life. Again.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Sigh. I guess the target audience is mostly male so Blizzard is just catering to them. One interview I read stated flat out that they did not plan to add more hero portraits before the product launch. I never did play many CCGs - is it very predominately a male hobby? No girlz alloud?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    Sigh. I guess the target audience is mostly male so Blizzard is just catering to them. One interview I read stated flat out that they did not plan to add more hero portraits before the product launch. I never did play many CCGs - is it very predominately a male hobby? No girlz alloud?
    What makes you think this game isn't fit for girls? Also, no, "girlz" aren't "alloud", nor are boyz alloud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just happy that the Mage hero is Jaina Proudmoore. She's awesome.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Hopefully Illidan will be playable. I wanna taunt: "You are not preapared!" from TBC trailer :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Hopefully Illidan will be playable. I wanna taunt: "You are not preapared!" from TBC trailer :P
    So far he's just a legendary 7/7 minion. He has a Battlecry ability which forces both players to discard and draw 3 cards.

I'm betting that he'll shout "You are not prepared!" when he enters the field. His Battlecry is perfect for it.

Garrosh isn't half as man (ou as orc...) as his father.
    Grom Hellscream should be the warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to the Game Modes, you can earn new heroes by playing the AI in practice mode. I'm guessing there will be more at launch, but for now they're keeping it simple until Beta comes around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything is ok but couldn't they find more good Hero for Rogue? Why Valeera Woah I'm so obsessed with Maiev, I'm waiting for her card or as a Hero. But dont know what class she is.

Maiev had Fan of Knives, so, she must have be a rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattengest View Post
    Maiev had Fan of Knives, so, she must have be a rogue.
    but she wears Plate Armor and uses two-handed Umbra Crescent.

Deleted
    What they really should do is remake it, so you still have the class specific cards e.g. hunter or warlock cards, but instead of making the hero-ability tied to the type of cards (like Garrosh is the warrior with the ability Gain 2 Armor) they should tie the ability Gain 2 Armor to the "hero" Garrosh himself so in future expansions they could add new Warrior hero's like Varian or some other warrior in the game, and tie a new base hero ability to that "character" instead of the entire class.

So you could release a Sylvanas Windrunner hunter deck and you could use the previous "hunter" cards from the Rexxar deck to supplement the newly released sets of cards.

And since it's a card game it's not tied by time, so we could see new paladin cards with a young Arthas paladin hero theme set, to supplement the old Uther paladin cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    From what I've seen, everyone starts out with just one hero/deck to play with. So I think we're expected to play through Practice Mode to unlock the rest of the heroes while also getting new cards.
    Yep, as it stands now you seem to begin with the Mage deck and then play the AI to unlock the other ones in a tutorial setting.

Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    What they really should do is remake it, so you still have the class specific cards e.g. hunter or warlock cards, but instead of making the hero-ability tied to the type of cards (like Garrosh is the warrior with the ability Gain 2 Armor) they should tie the ability Gain 2 Armor to the "hero" Garrosh himself so in future expansions they could add new Warrior hero's like Varian or some other warrior in the game, and tie a new base hero ability to that "character" instead of the entire class.

So you could release a Sylvanas Windrunner hunter deck and you could use the previous "hunter" cards from the Rexxar deck to supplement the newly released sets of cards.

And since it's a card game it's not tied by time, so we could see new paladin cards with a young Arthas paladin hero theme set, to supplement the old Uther paladin cards.
    I like the idea of introducing new heroes with new abilities, but there's a limit to how much you can do without risking balance to the game, or simply copying abilities but changing names. As I'd personally prefer a well balanced game over one with more flavour I think the safest way is to just introduce new heroes and have them have the same gameplay, just different looks and emotes. Introducing new cards with them does not mean you can't simply make it their theme, even if the cards are not tied to them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I like the idea of introducing new heroes with new abilities, but there's a limit to how much you can do without risking balance to the game, or simply copying abilities but changing names. As I'd personally prefer a well balanced game over one with more flavour I think the safest way is to just introduce new heroes and have them have the same gameplay, just different looks and emotes. Introducing new cards with them does not mean you can't simply make it their theme, even if the cards are not tied to them.
    I don't think providing a new hero ability would cause more balance issues then introducing new cards to the set, since the hero ability's currently works basically just like card's you can use each turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    I don't think providing a new hero ability would cause more balance issues then introducing new cards to the set, since the hero ability's currently works basically just like card's you can use each turn.
    I personally view them like the racials in WoW. There's always going to be moaning about them, and balancing them right and getting new ones that don't break the game are increasingly difficult. It's only the class specific cards that would cause trouble, though I agree those are in much the same boat as the Hero abilities when it comes to balance.

Death Knight class....that is all (Darion Mograine!)