Thread: Dailies vs. ?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkamedis View Post
    I enjoy the Isle of thunder ones. They are quick, simple and easy. The rest of MoP's dailies can fuck off and die. lol
    "Quick and easy"

Well I do them every day with 3-4friends, and they take an hour to finish, this is when they reset too, so it's not busy, also we're all raid geared, so it's not that our toons are weak.

An hour isn't fast IMO :P

15+ Year Old Account
    People don't mind them, it's really just the length it takes. 2 major errors that people complain about.
    1. The problem of needing to be revered with one rep to unlock two others.
    2. The fact that most dailies will only give you 100-120 rep. If gains were higher, people really wouldn't mind them. The Anglers and The Cloud Serpent dailies were not bad at all, they were short, quick, easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    People don't mind them, it's really just the length it takes. 2 major errors that people complain about.
    1. The problem of needing to be revered with one rep to unlock two others.
    2. The fact that most dailies will only give you 100-120 rep. If gains were higher, people really wouldn't mind them. The Anglers and The Cloud Serpent dailies were not bad at all, they were short, quick, easy.
    Definitely agree with you here, gating the rep's was a bad call and rep gains need to be increased. Honestly, the first time I did the grind to Revered I honestly didn't mind it that much but having to do it again on an alt is pure torture and is the reason why I've abandoned my only other 90. Even with the commendations the rep is still slow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Extraordinaire View Post
    "Quick and easy"

Well I do them every day with 3-4friends, and they take an hour to finish, this is when they reset too, so it's not busy, also we're all raid geared, so it's not that our toons are weak.

Isle of Thunder dailies don't take an hour. Or at least, they sure as hell have never taken me an hour. I'll time myself tomorrow and report back on this.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Heroics. There was *zero* reason they couldn't add tabards in but cap the rep/day to make it equal to what you can get from dailies. Then nobody would have had a problem, you could still get your rep for Valor items but didn't have to grind the same quests day after day.

Personally I haven't done any dailies in weeks, and I probably won't anymore. That isn't fun, and I play WoW for fun, not for a job I don't get paid for. I still raid just fine, but if I were in a guild pushing to be server first then I think that I'd feel dailies were completely necessary. But just raiding for fun with friends I don't feel that way at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    5 mans... duh!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Extraordinaire View Post
    "Quick and easy"

An hour? With 3-4 people? Honestly, it sounds like you're doing something wrong/being very inefficient. I think it takes me like 30 minutes maybe.

No one should be complaining about dailies any more. Lesser charms, you can get with pet battles. Or, you can do a whopping 3 days worth of IoT dailies every week to get the 90 you need. If you do em more times than that, or do more dailies in a day than the IoT ones, you can easily, easily stockpile Lesser Charms for months ahead.

Alts don't need to do any of the 5.0 dailies. You don't need to do any of the 5.2 dailies. There is literally no reason you HAVE to do dailies anymore.

As to the ACTUAL topic at hand, no idea what they could do instead. 5mans get old quick. People are asking for 5mans instead of dailies...so they're essentially asking for 4.1 all over again. Sure, 5mans are fun for a while, but after a few weeks they're basically just like dailies: something you're repeating over and over.

How about a new questing zone? Not like dailies, but just normal quests? Problem is, it doesn't keep people playing for long periods of time: once you do it once you're done. Or a gated questing zone, but not with dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    Flasks, potions, gems and enchants are specific tools that give specific boosts to stats pretty much 100% of the time. Bonus rolls are a free turn at a slot machine that guarantees nothing. I think that's a pretty significant difference.[COLOR="red"]
    So since crit rating isn't guaranteed to perform at its expected rate, it as a stat is "just a bonus", right? Its pretty shitty compared to other stats, right?
    This is the logic you're using, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Your error is that "feeling mandatory" and "being mandatory" are two entirely different things. If you feel they're mandatory, you're taking it upon yourself to do an activity you hate. That an option exists should not mean it's "mandatory."
    You see, nothing in the game is actually mandatory, only varying levels of "feeling mandatory". Gems, enchants, flasks, food, potions, gear, heck, even a talent specialization. None of those are mandatory to have to raid. But they damn well feel like it if you expect to make progress on whatever you're stuck on. Dailies and charms are the same way for many of us.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people dislike dailies simply because of the fact that they are dailies, and you "have to" log on every day to do them if you want to get your rep grind, get gear etc done as quickly as possible.

I for one believe that if they made dailies into weeklies, you would get a lot less complaints. Though there will always be complaints, it's unavoidable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    You see, nothing in the game is actually mandatory, only varying levels of "feeling mandatory". Gems, enchants, flasks, food, potions, gear, heck, even a talent specialization. None of those are mandatory to have to raid. But they damn well feel like it if you expect to make progress on whatever you're stuck on. Dailies and charms are the same way for many of us.
    Then, like all those other things, you take it upon yourself to do them. Don't pretend otherwise.

If you want above average performance, you will do above average work.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Then, like all those other things, you take it upon yourself to do them. Don't pretend otherwise.

If you want above average performance, you will do above average work.
    Hey, I never said otherwise. My only gripe is that we have no options - its pet battles/daily quests or don't get them at all. I would like some options that I actually find enjoyable.

Isle of Thunder used to be pretty cool, but now at Phase 4 I'm starting to dislike them. I loved it when you picked up and did the ones at court of bones, za'tual, and then the saurok place. After that it was just "kill this random NPC" and it was done. Now you first gotta do "the first tier" (not all of it, but some), then go to the ph3 and do some shit there, and then one or two quests in ph4. It just becomes annoying, it was easier and more fun how it was before ph3.

Dungeons, Crafteds and Raids?

Those are the alternatives currently available;
    One thing most people don't seem to realize is that this system has been in place since Wrath. We just didn't have welfare raids.

People were raiding in blues. You can essentially get free epics through LFR for your gear and my Shadow Priest got into LFR with nothing more than a few crafteds and the daily gear you get from maybe a week or so tops from 1-2 factions tops.
    It'd be even easier now that you can just spam dungeons for this stuff.

Not seeing why people are still complaining.

There are (almost) 9 LFR raids now, first time each week gives 90 valor per completion. That's a huge chunk towards the weekly cap - do a dungeon every other day and you've capped. No dailies required.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give other sources for lesser charms. Problem solved.

Pet battles and daily quests should not be the only source for a currency mainly useful in raiding
    You answered your own statement in an obvious way. Used to be, dailies were the only way to get the charms, then Pet battles got them. Seems no one will be happy until they drop from trash mobs while randomly grinding 5mans. #nooneiseversatisfied

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    You answered your own statement in an obvious way. Used to be, dailies were the only way to get the charms, then Pet battles got them. Seems no one will be happy until they drop from trash mobs while randomly grinding 5mans. #nooneiseversatisfied
    This.

I don't think I've enjoyed my dailies this much ever.
    Pop over to the isle - Hunt some rare pets and level pets - Do some dailies; Maybe phase into my alt realm with some friends and kill some Alliance.
    Walk out with half needed for the week.

Reminds me I need to go finish before I go to bed tonight though. I only do dailies twice a week tops.
    Thanks thread!

10+ Year Old Account
    You know there's a problem when complaining about something is more enjoyable than doing something.
    Just means the person would rather complain than get it done. If they do it in a game, odds are they do it IRL. People need to jus finally figure out you can have 502 gear without ever touching a daily. Hundreds of websites on how to do it from Daily-haters. If they would Google "how to gear without doing dailies", they wouldn't even have to stop here or at BattleNet to bark about dailies. They would find the other options and move on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Isle of Thunder used to be pretty cool, but now at Phase 4 I'm starting to dislike them. I loved it when you picked up and did the ones at court of bones, za'tual, and then the saurok place. After that it was just "kill this random NPC" and it was done. Now you first gotta do "the first tier" (not all of it, but some), then go to the ph3 and do some shit there, and then one or two quests in ph4. It just becomes annoying, it was easier and more fun how it was before ph3.
    Yeah, stopped my dailys a couple of weeks because of this crap. Loved the island on patch day and didnt mind the dailys too much (as someone with 70 exalted reps dailys arent something I shy away from) but when they started this crap again of rewarding you with more work to do then I bailed out. I mean who does that? Rewarding people by giving them more of the same to do? It's all a bit backward if you ask me.

Scenarios, heroics or make the dailies easier than they are, since at the moment they are very time-consuming.