Deleted

A few simple global changes to help PVP.

Hello everyone,
    I was just thinking that most of the things that annoy me in pvp at the moment aren't so much certain classes being OP (although that does irk me some) but stuns and CC across all classes that take control of my character away for huge chunks of time, affording me absolutely zero response to the enemy before i die. I propose a simple change across the board to help solve a lot of pvp issues and would like to hear if anybody disagrees with it.

• All stuns to be no longer than 3 seconds.

• All stuns on the same diminishing return, at a rate of 30% reduction every subsequent stun. E.g you get stunned first for 3 seconds , then the next stun will only stun for 2 seconds etc.

• All CC duration reduced to 5 seconds from 8 seconds. Including Fears, hex, poly etc

• All blanket silences changed to interrupts with a silencing effect if successfully interrupted.

• A dramatic reduction in spirit on PVP gear. I don't have issue with the potency of healers at the moment but i do have issue with the longevity at which they can continue to operate without running out of mana.

I think that these changes would go quite a way in solving a lot of problems with PVP at the moment and due to their sweeping nature would not really favour any particular class but provide a more active and less frustrating PVP game.

My 2 cents.

Linked from Wow eu forums

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7211041497

This could potentially work next expansion, but these changes are waaay too extreme to be implamented atm. But I still think some stuns like HoJ or things like Hex shoiuld remain the way they are, forever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    This could potentially work next expansion, but these changes are waaay too extreme to be implamented atm. But I still think some stuns like HoJ or things like Hex shoiuld remain the way they are, forever.
    I suppose they are fairly extreme in regards to how sweeping they are but i dont think they are too extreme to be implemented now because they affect all specs and classes in the exact same way really. It just means people will be able to control their characters more frequently. Perhaps the healer change is the most extreme part of the suggested changes, but i feel that without it the other changes would just lead to healers being even more potent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem being, healers would be insanely strong if this went through. Remember that most arena kills comes either from ccing a druid to oblivion, or training the healer. So, if you wont be able to CC a healer for a long enough time to land a kill, they would have no problem at all to heal up their partners.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All Blanket Silences changed to Interrupts and changing healers to not be immortal forever in terms of being able to heal for a stupidly long time without ever going OOM would be a nice. In terms of CC, the main issues isn't how long it lasts, but how many there is. Cataclysm had nowhere near the amount of CC now in the game, I mean, a Holy Paladin can CC someone for around 15/20 Seconds if needed to. If they removed a few of these CC's it would be great. Specifically for me Ring of Peace, Cyclone, Shockwave, Blood Fear and Blinding Light. I think Warriors would still need something in the current state of the Game, but Ring of Peace, Blood Fear and Blinding Light can go. My main issue with Cyclone is how it seems to not share any DR with any other CC. I mean, it's predictable to me now as my Warrior that the first thing a Druid will try to do in arena in 2's is Cyclone me or my friend, and if ever in trouble spam it.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gravebond View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I was just thinking that most of the things that annoy me in pvp at the moment aren't so much certain classes being OP (although that does irk me some) but stuns and CC across all classes that take control of my character away for huge chunks of time, affording me absolutely zero response to the enemy before i die. I propose a simple change across the board to help solve a lot of pvp issues and would like to hear if anybody disagrees with it.

• All stuns on the same diminishing return, at a rate of 30% reduction every subsequent stun. E.g you get stunned first for 3 seconds , then the next stun will only stun for 2 seconds etc.

• All CC duration reduced to 5 seconds from 8 seconds. Including Fears, hex, poly etc

• All blanket silences changed to interrupts with a silencing effect if successfully interrupted.

• A dramatic reduction in spirit on PVP gear. I don't have issue with the potency of healers at the moment but i do have issue with the longevity at which they can continue to operate without running out of mana.

I think that these changes would go quite a way in solving a lot of problems with PVP at the moment and due to their sweeping nature would not really favour any particular class but provide a more active and less frustrating PVP game.

My 2 cents.

Linked from Wow eu forums

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7211041497
    I support this fully. Be prepared to get roflstomped by all the faceroll-classes with millions of cc-abilities crying "omg u so bad l2p cc is fine" etc etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    Problem being, healers would be insanely strong if this went through. Remember that most arena kills comes either from ccing a druid to oblivion, or training the healer. So, if you wont be able to CC a healer for a long enough time to land a kill, they would have no problem at all to heal up their partners.
    In my post i suggested dramatically reducing the amount of spirit on PVP gear. This would mean healers could have the same output as they do now but only for a short period without going OOM.

Holy Palas Blinding Light is far from strong now, a 2 min CD with 2 sec cast time, compared to priests fear instant with 30 sec cd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    Holy Palas Blinding Light is far from strong now, a 2 min CD with 2 sec cast time, compared to priests fear instant with 30 sec cd.
    True, its not strong if you think of it as a single spell. But, however. You need to keep in mind that this is one of many cc's holy paladins have, which makes it very strong. Priest only have that fear. Get my point?

---------- Post added 2013-03-30 at 03:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    I support this fully. Be prepared to get roflstomped by all the faceroll-classes with millions of cc-abilities crying "omg u so bad l2p cc is fine" etc etc.
    You mean like every single class in the game? ;

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    In terms of CC, the main issues isn't how long it lasts, but how many there is. Cataclysm had nowhere near the amount of CC now in the game, I mean, a Holy Paladin can CC someone for around 15/20 Seconds if needed to. If they removed a few of these CC's it would be great. Specifically for me Ring of Peace, Cyclone, Shockwave, Blood Fear and Blinding Light. I think Warriors would still need something in the current state of the Game, but Ring of Peace, Blood Fear and Blinding Light can go. My main issue with Cyclone is how it seems to not share any DR with any other CC. I mean, it's predictable to me now as my Warrior that the first thing a Druid will try to do in arena in 2's is Cyclone me or my friend, and if ever in trouble spam it.
    I think that Blizzard would be extremely reluctant to remove spells it has already implemented. Lots of people would get upset and so forth, so i think reducing the length of time CC's and Stuns are up is a more attractive approach for them. To go even further to combat the sheer abundance of CC now available to classes perhaps Blizzard could go so far as to put all CC abilities into the same Diminishing return pool. So all stuns are on the same Diminishing Return and all CC abilities go onto the same Diminishing Return. Perhaps then reduce the diminishing return slightly on CC abilities along with the rest of my suggested changes..

And pve gear would once again reign supreme (for healers at least), especially after the 65% baseline resi change because pvp power is goddamn useless. The only easy solution for that is to increase pvp power on all pvp gear but then we'd have an even more bursty game, no thanks.
    Last edited by Ascendant; 2013-03-30 at 02:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascendant View Post
    And pve gear would once again reign supreme (for healers at least), especially after the 65% baseline resi change because pvp power is goddamn useless, but I take it you haven't been following these recent developments at all.
    I think Blizzard will make a large Healing Debuff for PVP play, something along the lines of 40-50% reduction which could then only be remedied by PVP power for healers. Also, try not to be dismissive... I have followed recent developments thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    Hammer, Repentence and Blinding Light + either warstomp from tauren or aoe-silence from blood elf if you are horde and thats just from the healer.
    Add the other players in the team and you can CC someone forever more or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post

You mean like every single class in the game? ;
    Some classes have way more instant cc than others.

I think Blizzard will make a large Healing Debuff for PVP play, something along the lines of 40-50% reduction which could then only be remedied by PVP power for healers.
    I don't see how that's supposed to work, so you mean that they should increase the benefit healers gain from pvp power? I don't know about you but I think some healers already heal way too much with single spells.

Deleted
    I don't see how that's supposed to work, so you mean that they should increase the benefit healers gain from pvp power? I don't know about you but I think some healers already heal way too much with single spells.
    Well first, the debuff would mean that people in PvE gear would be at a large disadvantage even though they would have loads more spirit than their PvP geared counterparts. And the PvP power on PvP gear would bring up healing against the debuff, healers would only be capable of high output for a fairly short period due to the lack of spirit on PvP gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post

Some classes have way more instant cc than others.

Instant, yes. But thats not what it was about. It was about cc, not instant ccs

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    And pve gear would once again reign supreme (for healers at least), especially after the 65% baseline resi change because pvp power is goddamn useless. The only easy solution for that is to increase pvp power on all pvp gear but then we'd have an even more bursty game, no thanks.
    It won't be useless when they increase Battle Fatigue and buff PvP power for healers... like they said they are.

If being cc'd is overly frustrating for you, pvp might not be for you. Don't forget that everyone has cc abilities, so if you're being cc'd too much, might think about changing your play style. No matter what blizzard does, some pvp player is going to whine. Better to adapt and perform if you ask me. :-)

Hello everyone,

[B]

Roll orc with stun meta... problem solved.

But in all seriousness... These changes are not really needed imo. Smart use of your trinket (meaning you are going to have to sit a lot of shit) and smart use of your teammates defensive abilities (assuming you are a healer here) is the key to winning.

the only thing i truly wish would change, is that asphyxiate should be able to be grounded with grounding totem... if you can ground aoe hunter roots from disengage... and deathgrip... why not asphyxiate...

as for the spirit thing... longevity is really only and issue in 2s. I've 3 different heal classes to 2100+ cr/ 2200+ MMR this season in RBGS/3s/5s and rarely do i reforge for spirit.... the output required to top teamates to full inbetween CC trains is retarded... this is why i reforge for output stats... like my rsham has like 11k mp5 with water shield... the only time this has ever become an issue is in rbgs, but i'm honestly not too worried about that shit since they are a joke anyways...

if you want to see anythng of what i'm saying... just watch Cdew's stream, he is prolly universally regarded as one of the top 3 healers in the game, just look at his armories too, he is all about healing output... when the matches turn into a mana game... just cc everything and get a drink off... it's a dirty tactic, but it does help win.