Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Best Fertilizer Ever is: Old God *Spoilers*

So, it appears that Y'shaarj's buried beneath the vale of eternal blossoms (according to the new scenario, Dark Heart of Pandaria).

we know that the trees and flowers in the vale are always blossoming. we know that the water from the vale is the reason why the pandaren grow humongous vegetables in the valley of four winds. but what is it that makes that water so special?

IMHO, it's y'shaarj. his body is rotting beneath the valley, and that's highly nutritious to the land! dead old god is the best fertilizer ever!
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Can you post some more info about this? I can't get to PTR right now.

Deleted
    *circle of life*

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    Can you post some more info about this? I can't get to PTR right now.
    There is that bit where Taran Zhu threatens to toss the horde out of the vale after the Goblins start digging up the place, there is a post with a video about it..

Here it is http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...soms-is-RUINED
    Last edited by grexly75; 2013-03-30 at 04:18 PM.

I don't know, I've always gotten the feeling that the waters of the vale were a sort of titan blessing, since it's a 'sanctum of life' or whatever the proper term for places like that, un'goro and sholazar are.

Also I don't think burying something in the ground fertilizes the water but I could be wrong, I'm no farmer.

10+ Year Old Account
    The vale is enchanted to do that. I don't think it's Y'shaarj.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    *circle of life*

Fixed that for you
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundered70 View Post
    The vale is enchanted to do that. I don't think it's Y'shaarj.
    Something or someone has to have enchanted the vale to start with though.

I'm not sure if it's Y'shaarj, Old Gods thus far have only shown to cause death and never the opposite. However, they're so mystical right now, we can't possibly know all of their aspects, the only Old God we've really seen cause a lot of death thus far is none other than the Old God of Death.

old gods are necrophotic parasites. necrophotic means "relative to dead light". so we can asume old gods are "dead" by nature.

so when you kill an old god, it's death x death. if we relate plus to life and minus to death, than minus x minus = plus, and the death of death is life. therefore, the death of an old god brings life to the area around it.

I might be a little drunk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I don't know, I've always gotten the feeling that the waters of the vale were a sort of titan blessing, since it's a 'sanctum of life' or whatever the proper term for places like that, un'goro and sholazar are.

Also I don't think burying something in the ground fertilizes the water but I could be wrong, I'm no farmer.
    Typically speaking, the water table is a good ways under ground. Whatever you put into the soil can drain down and leech into the water table when it rains and such like that. Not sure how far down you would bury an Old God.... would probably be under the water table even? But even so, with such a big and concentrated amount of magic power, it would make sense that perhaps that magic would radiate off as the body decays. If that's what's happening at all. It would be an interesting turn of events if anything to do with an old god could actually be good, hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    old gods are necrophotic parasites. necrophotic means "relative to dead light". so we can asume old gods are "dead" by nature.

so when you kill an old god, it's death x death. if we relate plus to life and minus to death, than minus x minus = plus, and the death of death is life. therefore, the death of an old god brings life to the area around it.
    Death is more of a subtraction than multiplication.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    Death is more of a subtraction than multiplication.
    it has to be multiplication. if it was subtraction, than the death of death would result in 2death, making old gods twice as strong

besides, something is alive, than it dies. now it's dead. if it was subtraction, it would just cease to exist (turn into 0).

1x(-1) = -1 (dead)
    1-1 = 0 (nothingness)

as I said, I might be a bit drunk lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post

I might be a little drunk
    Are we sure necrophotic means anything at all outside of ''What Blizz says it does''? Can't find a definition myself.

It's... greek, i think. Old greek.

It may or may not be a reference to IT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't it Shahao that enchanted the Vale to be in ever-spring? It was in one of Lorewalker Cho's stories.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the years that the Titans were on Azeroth, the Vale of Eternal Blossoms was a place the Titans created and experiment with forms of life, like Un'Goro Crater and Sholazar Basin. At the same time, they were fighting the Old Gods and their servants, the mantid, so they created the mogu to be guardians of the Vale and fight off the waves of mantid.[2] When the Old Gods were defeated and the Titans became silent, the mogu continued their work until the Curse of Flesh swept through the land. Unsure of what to do, the mogu started forming into clans and began fighting with each other, until Lei Shen rose and united the clans. Lei Shen and his mogu enslaved the creatures of Pandaria and forced them to build the Great Wall to block the mantid from his new empire, and protect the Vale at the same time.
    When the mogu were overthrown by the pandaren, the capital was moved east to the Jade Forest, and the Vale's gates were closed off to the outside world. Within the Vale, a small group of specially chosen caretakers known as the Golden Lotus kept watch over the Vale, keeping it pristine and safe, with occasional help from the Shado-Pan.
    In more recent times, the Golden Lotus have become increasingly concerned after spotting mogu scouts that somehow circumvented the gates. They are in need of the Shado-Pan's aid again, and perhaps new strangers as well, should they prove worthy of the privilege. Any adventurer who is able to aid the Golden Lotus will quickly discover that the mogu intend something grander than simple scouting within the Vale. Xin the Weaponmaster has gathered several Mogu clans under his banner at Mogu'shan Palace and the Shao-Tien to the west have begun a full-scale assault on the Vale, and their plot ties in with the return of the master of all mogu, the dreaded Thunder King himself.

From WoWpedia

10+ Year Old Account
    The Vale is a Titan-made place, like Un'goro Crater or the Sholazar Basin. That's why the life there is so abundant. I have this theory that all of these titan places of power are counterparts to the original Well of Eternity - the Well was at the center of the world, and other 'satellite wells' were built around it to harness its power. It was said by the Jinyu that all the waters in Pandaria once flowed into the Vale, so that would make the Vale the repository for energy from all the other wells, including the Well of Eternity. It would make it a very powerful place.

Maybe a lot of that power goes into keeping the Old God chained, rather than being a result of the Old God.

Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    Are we sure necrophotic means anything at all outside of ''What Blizz says it does''? Can't find a definition myself.
    It's a made up word, but 'necro' meas dead/corpse and 'photic' means 'to do with light.' So roughly translated it means 'dead light/corpse light'. Both terms have been used by fiction authors to refer to strange, eldritch, or unholy powers and creatures.

Personally, I think it represents the Old Gods being manifestations of an evil counterpart to the Light of the material universe - the Old Gods come from another universe and are the incarnations of the twisted anti-Light of that universe. The Dead Light on the far side of Creation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Odds are quite simply this. Y'Shaarj was killed by the titans, but his heart survived. Unable to destroy it, the titans decided the best thing was to lock the heart underground where it can do no harm. The Vale was designed by the titans as kind of protective field to keep Y'Shaarj's heart held there, the magics of the vale breathing life into the land and keeps his heart locked down under it.

Deleted
    Awesome. Hoping next xpack has something to do with Burning Legion / Old gods - titans war.

Do we KNOW that his 'heart' is down there, or is that just what common speculation is on what they uncover? The scenario objectives say 'slay the echo of Y'shaarj so it's possible what they encounter down there is nothing more than a fragment of what once was.