Page 49 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    The frame im on now didn't have any XP associated with it before the patch because i didn't have it before the patch =p.
    lol mine either :P thumping and tornado's which give like 40k per full one

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    lol mine either :P thumping and tornado's which give like 40k per full one
    Solo Thumping? =o

Deleted
    nighthawk and sit max range from an incursion.. you wont be touched and can rack up tons of exp killing jugs, snipers, engineers with headshots. only problem is running out of ammo.. so make ammo packs :P

---------- Post added 2013-03-30 at 12:25 AM ----------

Solo Thumping? =o
    lol only tornado's give the 40k exp.. but yeah i solo thump with light improved personal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    nighthawk and sit max range from an incursion.. you wont be touched and can rack up tons of exp killing jugs, snipers, engineers with headshots. only problem is running out of ammo.. so make ammo packs :P

---------- Post added 2013-03-30 at 12:25 AM ----------

lol only tornado's give the 40k exp.. but yeah i solo thump with light improved personal.
    But the lootzz =o =/ I know the tornados give 40k or more, didn't know Thumping gave that much, hence why i questioned.

Deleted
    lol they dont.. maybe 5-10k i dunno not really checked.

So far for t1 gear I've got 265 - 320 for servo/jumpjets/primary/secondary
    And that's with next to no time to play. The crafting system is pretty darn manageable right now.

---------- Post added 2013-03-30 at 12:43 PM ----------

Todays hot fix DID fix everything.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    So after finishing my last White Blocks on the progression of the Recluse i then decided to finish the Accord Recon before starting on the Nighthawk, as i farm tokens for the Raptor. It was the first time i played Accord Recon since the patch, and im loving it.
    Its tool set feels the most complete in any frame i've played so far (Recluse has that Kinectic Shot , which is weird , and Nighthawks Smoke Bomb seems to be useless mostly). I feel like i'm playing a Saboteur , Sin Beacon-->Cryo Grenade-->Decoy, run out = Win.
    The primary weapon, the Assault Rifle-ish/SMG/Whatever is pretty decent too.

Tonights session was considerably better than yesterday, got about 100k+ XP over the Recluse and the Accord Recon and did my first squad thumping ever, it gets pretty hectic but its hella fun =p
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-03-30 at 11:49 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tonights session was considerably better than yesterday, got about 100k+ XP over the Recluse and the Accord Recon and did my first squad thumping ever, it gets pretty hectic but its hella fun =p
    Yes...after some adjustment you'll start to see everything for how it is and enjoy each aspect. Even crafting seems incredibly daunting at first, but takes a couple of times crafting to get the hang of it.It's honestly not that different than any other crafting interface except that under the item you want to craft it has a subsection to craft the individual components.

It would be like if to make a robe in wow when you look at the robe recipe it has two sub recipes for the bolt of cloth and thread. Once you adapt, it's actually more beneficial because you don't have to go searching through different sections and categories to craft what you want.

PS- Ares missions and all of the indoor content is a great addition. It is a large part of what was missing from the game before. Hopefully they take that concept and run with it so there are like 50 different ones instead of 5.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post

PS- Ares missions and all of the indoor content is a great addition. It is a large part of what was missing from the game before. Hopefully they take that concept and run with it so there are like 50 different ones instead of 5.
    I've soloed plenty, had help on others, but either way its a good way to see some of the lore in the world, i love hearing Oilspil and Aero throwing shots at each other xD I especially like the missions that pit you against Chosen in dark halls and corridors, feels very diferent than playing outside.

So after finishing my last White Blocks on the progression of the Recluse i then decided to finish the Accord Recon before starting on the Nighthawk, as i farm tokens for the Raptor. It was the first time i played Accord Recon since the patch, and im loving it.
    Its tool set feels the most complete in any frame i've played so far (Recluse has that Kinectic Shot , which is weird , and Nighthawks Smoke Bomb seems to be useless mostly). I feel like i'm playing a Saboteur , Sin Beacon-->Cryo Grenade-->Decoy, run out = Win.
    The primary weapon, the Assault Rifle-ish/SMG/Whatever is pretty decent too.

Keep in mind, your nighthawk can learn sinbeacon, cryo grenade, and decoy.

But I do love the primary weapon on accord recon. It's a crazy good rifle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Keep in mind, your nighthawk can learn sinbeacon, cryo grenade, and decoy.

But I do love the primary weapon on accord recon. It's a crazy good rifle.
    Yeah i know but the toolset from Accord Recon benefits alot from being closer than Nighthawk should be. Unless i give Nighthawk the Accords Rifle. Which would be a bit silly as i'd be playing the same frame then essencially. I'm ok with some mix and match here and there, but completely altering a frames toolset kills variety. Unless said toolset was completely awful xD
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-03-31 at 12:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless said toolset was completely awful xD
    Electron engineer frame is terrible on it's own. It has two pretty solid abilities and a great primary weapon. I swapped out the awful utility spells for a turret and a shield.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Electron engineer frame is terrible on it's own. It has two pretty solid abilities and a great primary weapon. I swapped out the awful utility spells for a turret and a shield.
    Thats one Frame off the list then. After getting Raptor i was planning to choose either FireCat or Electron.

Thats one Frame off the list then. After getting Raptor i was planning to choose either FireCat or Electron.
    Firecat is one mean MEAN suit.

You can either go double dash or more damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Firecat is one mean MEAN suit.

You can either go double dash or more damage.
    I liked the preview i saw on Youtube of the abilities. It seems like the Recluse of Assaults. Heavy AoE damage, primary weapon hits like a truck + mobility.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be so fast...it's a ridiculously OP suit. The main attack has a ridiculous range and accuracy, basically a snipe without the zoom, and the alternate is a heavy hitting aoe. Lots of people are running Electrons right now apparently.

Just swapping out for heavy turrets makes you a huge soloing beast. If you swapped out for the ammo/medpack station, it's probably even better. I just like the shield utility.
    BAD WOLF

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thumping is a snooze fest for me so it looks like Ill be checking in with the game again at the next patch. Just doesn't feel like there is much going on with the Chosen war front despite the additional mob types and changes to mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Thumping is a snooze fest for me
    Try harder thumpers. If it feels easy, you aren't challenging yourself. That's the problem with letting players control the difficulty. They complain that it's too easy and run away, when it's their fault for doing the easiest thing available.

And if you are saying thumping is boring because it's all there is to do, a heavy dose of calling bullshit and shenanigans will ensue as there are several new activities now.
    BAD WOLF

Try harder thumpers. If it feels easy, you aren't challenging yourself. That's the problem with letting players control the difficulty. They complain that it's too easy and run away, when it's their fault for doing the easiest thing available.

And if you are saying thumping is boring because it's all there is to do, a heavy dose of calling bullshit and shenanigans will ensue as there are several new activities now.
    Thumpers can get pretty insane :P. It does get a little monotonous after awhile though.

Not sure what else there is at the moment. ARES missions, if you can find one that isn't already being done or broken. Tornados are not what I'd call exciting content. The Chosen don't seem to attack often and usually get swarmed and crushed in short order. These combined with the criticality of mined materials in progression means it's pretty much thump or die at the moment.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flarecde View Post
    Thumpers can get pretty insane :P. It does get a little monotonous after awhile though.
    True, but the same can be said of anything you repeat. Plus you can thump in different locations which provides different strategies and challenges just based on the landscape

Not sure what else there is at the moment. ARES missions, if you can find one that isn't already being done or broken.
    I don't ever have a problem doing them or finding them. There aren't enough different ones, but doing a 2 and 3 man mission on your own is certainly a lot of fun/challenge.
    Tornados are not what I'd call exciting content.
    It's not about the tornado itself, it's aboutt he crazy things that ensue once you go in the portal. That's where the insane resources are, where you have to mad rush for them and hope you survive. (I haven't lived through one yet)
    The Chosen don't seem to attack often and usually get swarmed and crushed in short order. These combined with the criticality of mined materials in progression means it's pretty much thump or die at the moment.
    Keep in mind one thing for both of these. This is beta. They more than likely purposefully reduced chosen spawn because that's all we did for the last few months and when they go full out on a base, you are going to lose it right now. After the first day of the patch, where chosen were decimating everything in their path, they have basically vanished. It's almost like the devs want us out in the world testing the rest of the content.

Same with progression. Everything is open to everyone so that they can balance the resources, fix bugs, get feedback, etc. Once it's 'live' you won't be able to make everything on a whim and will have much more specialized goals for materials and will more than likely want more crystite and xp from doing activities isntead of thumping nonstop.
    BAD WOLF