Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    I'm calling it, death metal wasn't developed to be listened to, but to prank your friends with it.
    Then silly people kept listening to it and now everyone thinks it's supposed to be like that.
    You calling me silly? Also, in Septuagint, just listen to the whole thing, you'll appreciate it more.

Oh, and you were also describing most Opeth songs :P

Quote Originally Posted by Leanoda View Post
    [IMG]http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/213/271/94291%20-
    *hugs the sad poni*
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    I doubt you'll be able to find a Sprite replacement.
    That's like taking the fountain of youth and replacing it with tonic water
    marriage is when you bet someone half your stuff they won't leave

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm bored. I totally don't have Planescape: Torment on my games-to-be-played backlog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I hate him. ;____;
    Why again does the black deck get that one in the Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 game? <_<
    It does? Wow, I need to play that more.

I'm browsing through Gatherer, getting ideas for decks I'm thinking about making, and changes to current decks. Because I like to depress myself even more than I already am.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm suddenly tempted to reacquire UT99 and mod the shit out of it again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hetalia McAzuslut View Post
    *hugs the sad poni*

That card is OP.

But it's not THAT bad. There are plenty of ways to shut down a creature without dealing it damage. Or block it with a 0/8 or something.

But yes, take away that effect... it's STILL a 5/5 Trample for four mana with NO drawback... That's not balanced at all.

And this is why I stopped playing magic. They don't even try to balance shit anymore. Haven't for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Screw it I'm going back to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Melange View Post
    Sleep well Sparks

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Block him with five 1/1's, then sacrifice those five 1/1's.

Quote Originally Posted by Melange View Post
    Nighty night Sparks~

Deleted
    Told a funny joke
    Nobody got it
    Every time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixup View Post
    That card is OP.

But it's not THAT bad. There are plenty of ways to shut down a creature without dealing it damage. Or block it with a 0/8 or something.

But yes, take away that effect... it's STILL a 5/5 Trample for four mana with NO drawback... That's not balanced at all.

And this is why I stopped playing magic. They don't even try to balance shit anymore. Haven't for a long time.
    Problem is it's black. Guess what most removal cards say? Doom Blade? Nope. I shouldn't have to build a deck to stop a single card. Ever. A 5/5 Trample in black is already rare, and should be noted as such. Four mana is not enough. In green, a 5/5 trample for 4 would be a good deal. In fact, it would likely be rare. Return to Ravnica has a 5/5 trample reach for 7 at uncommon. So yeah. Then, you can't hurt it. Sacrificing permanents? Really? Even worse, as the rules has always been, you CAN do more damage than its toughness. White has SOME removal. Blue can counter it. But green and red are fucked.

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 07:05 AM ----------

Block him with five 1/1's, then sacrifice those five 1/1's.
    Wouldn't work. Combat damage takes place immediately, as does creatures dying to combat damage. You couldn't sacrifice them to the Obliterator's effect until they are already dead.

Deleted
    helloooooo all =3

Deleted
    I have no idea what you people are talking about :S

Quote Originally Posted by Zenora View Post
    helloooooo all =3
    * Lickidy lick lick

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leanoda View Post
    I have no idea what you people are talking about :S

* Lickidy lick lick

[IMG]http://static2.fjcdn.com/comments/Anthro+Celestia+Luna+and+Twilight+hugging+please+_c1d2e0a58b52d3e544dac8cf917135bb.jpg[IMG]
    HA you failed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenora View Post
    HA you failed
    No!

* Lickidy lick lick

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Problem is it's black. Guess what most removal cards say? Doom Blade? Nope. I shouldn't have to build a deck to stop a single card. Ever. A 5/5 Trample in black is already rare, and should be noted as such. Four mana is not enough. In green, a 5/5 trample for 4 would be a good deal. In fact, it would likely be rare. Return to Ravnica has a 5/5 trample reach for 7 at uncommon. So yeah. Then, you can't hurt it. Sacrificing permanents? Really? Even worse, as the rules has always been, you CAN do more damage than its toughness. White has SOME removal. Blue can counter it. But green and red are fucked.

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 07:05 AM ----------

Wouldn't work. Combat damage takes place immediately, as does creatures dying to combat damage. You couldn't sacrifice them to the Obliterator's effect until they are already dead.
    No, I agree completely. This card is horribly broken.

I'm just saying it /can/ be stopped.

But no, even ignoring that... a 5/5 Trample for 4 Mana is strong.
    A 5/5 Trample for 4 Mana, with NO DRAWBACK is broken. Horribly, horrible overpowered.
    Give it an even more overpowered version of Annihilate, and you're laughing.

And you're right. NO deck should ever have to be designed specifically to counter a SINGLE card. That's the exact opposite of how to balance a card game.

This is the definitive reason of WHY I quit Magic. The power creep is just fuck-nut retarded lately.

Also... wouldn't it? I've always been told that creatures that die of combat damage hit the graveyard at the END of the combat step, and effects like Deathtouch and sacrifice happen before that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also... wouldn't it? I've always been told that creatures that die of combat damage hit the graveyard at the END of the combat step, and effects like Deathtouch and sacrifice happen before that.
    Nope. The change has been fairly recent though. Like, 2009-2010. There is no step between combat damage and the effects of said combat.

Green has a removal, that "destroy shit and the enemy gets 3/3 something", but besides that.
    And yes, red is screwed, but who plays red anyways... ^^
    The fact is though, you shouldn't HAVE to put a Mind Control or a Path To Exile in your deck, SPECIFICALLY to counter this ONE. SPECIFIC. CARD.

It's not a balanced game when the only decks that win are either "Built around Phyrexian Obliterator" or "Built to COUNTER Phyrexian Obliterator".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Don't have an account (nor plan to)
    lol im trying to delete mine,,, cant find the butthon :P!

anyway... time for some

semi lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Nope. The change has been fairly recent though. Like, 2009-2010. There is no step between combat damage and the effects of said combat.
    Ah. Fair enough then.

Well then, I maintain that something like Wall of Denial is your best answer.

Though, I would be a supreme dick with Phyrexian Obliterator... and use Instant spells that give my opponents 0-Damage blockers some damage.

Still, here's a fun way to counter Phyrexian Obliterator... IF your opponent is stupid.

He tried to use a spell to deal direct damage to you or one of your creatures... you Swerve that damage to his Obliterator.