Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skruffert View Post
    thinking i should lvl my rogue from 88... has been months sinse i last playd on him
    It's the time to do it. I'm super super slowly leveling up my rogue from TBC. Was going great until I hit MoP; someone backstab the bastard devs who decided you cant use your flying mount. But then maybe my problem is I am ganking everyone I come across since I am on an almost invincible rogue.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got literally killed in 3 globals by a Rogue in Full malevolent/tyrr gear. Yep damage is too weak.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be fine with their damage if they didn't have such a stupidly extensive toolkit. Evasion + CoS + Elusiveness + OH NO IM DYING VANISH is too much shit. They just bait cooldowns and reopen on you, its dumb. Especially if you are another leather class. You're even worse off than a lot of clothies are.
    r

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    You're either undergeared or unskilled. A standard Backstab in Tyrannical should crit for roughly 30-40K with Sanguinary Vein up.
    Ye ehm no....i do on dummy
    61k crit with find weakness up
    40k crit without weakness

On geared player you just do like 15-20k crit vs plate and 20-25k with find weakness

To answer, yes rogue dmg out of shadow dance sucks, on other hand, burst on shadow dance is high...maybe too much
    Opener and shadowdance make the rogue deal dmg, outside this isnt much a problem (dmg side)
    Last edited by mmoc5ef7cfa017; 2013-03-31 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aevyn View Post
    I got literally killed in 3 globals by a Rogue in Full malevolent/tyrr gear. Yep damage is too weak.
    Maybe it was by me earlier last week i think it was. If youre horde and were doing 2's and you had a warrior with you and you were facing a healing monk/rogue, it coulda been me. :P
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Aevyn View Post
    Read the op. We all know what a geared rogue is capable of. Question is on under geared rogue.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Realitysucks View Post
    Posts like yours annoy me, can't you communicate like an adult?
    If he really did get rank one LAST season (I don't know, "Famous" wow players don't interest me at all) he must have been carried.
    Reckful does the carrying lol. It does help that cdew is a boss too.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Reckful does the carrying lol. It does help that cdew is a boss too.
    Even if we're going to pretend he's currently as good as he used to be, Reckful was absolutely carried on his rogue last season. He queuedodged on a backwater battlegroup up to duelist PR while volk/talb/sodah actually earned the r1.

Deleted
    Even if the current damage was the only thing a rogue brought to the table then no. It is most def not weak.
    Now add insane control, utility and survivability and you have all the recipies for overpoweredness.

Thankfully a rogue is not as forgiving to bad players as hunters and mages for instance because rogues still has
    an above average skill cap compared to lots of other classes.

Before all the bads start accusing me for being a rogue or whatever i can just say that i have all classes except monk
    and my current main is none of the current fotm-classes (rogue/mage/hunter/rsham)

Deleted
    Rogues are by no means weak. If you look at their current state with Shuriken Toss I believe they are a bit over powered and that Shuriken Toss needs to be fixed. Was looking at Reckfuls stream the other day where he played vs 2.2k rated 3's teams and only throwing as his main damage. They won almost every game and it was first until they were up against other rank 1 players that their streak stopped and still those were really close games. I don't know if this says more about Reckful being a good player or about Shuriken Toss being broken though... I belive the latter

He uses shuriken toss between burst, the damage is nothing special. You could take it out of the game and Reckful would do just as well using either of the other top tier talents. The damage predictably comes every 60secs from shadow dance - it's strong, but so are many other classes who don't have the downside of crap sustained dmg.

Rogues are fine.
    Last edited by Cruize; 2013-04-01 at 07:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruize View Post
    He uses shuriken toss between burst, the damage is nothing special. You could take it out of the game and Reckful would do just as well using either of the other top tier talents. The damage predictably comes every 60secs from shadow dance - it's strong, but so are many other classes who don't have the downside of crap sustained dmg.

Rogues are fine.
    *Checks todays date*

Ahh.. i see what you did there

Haha, funny guy. So what do you want to see happen to rogues?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Even if the current damage was the only thing a rogue brought to the table then no. It is most def not weak.
    Now add insane control, utility and survivability
    survivability...maybe we're talking about different things but, rogues dies in one stun... in my eyes it isn't a good survivability

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    survivability...maybe we're talking about different things but, rogues dies in one stun... in my eyes it isn't a good survivability
    I race changed to orc and run with stun meta, seems to help a lot vs that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rouge has alot of control its not just about pure damage.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruize View Post
    I race changed to orc and run with stun meta, seems to help a lot vs that.
    I think is cool but, id like to keep my race undead/dwarf, im almost fine with the "i die in a stun" but i dont like ppl that spread false information

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Rouge has alot of control its not just about pure damage.
    I think everyone knows that rogues aren't only about dmg, but the OP asked why so low and is low because blizzard get rid of our crit modifier, no crit no dmg (not talking about opener and ShD opener ShD)

30% active -but ALWAYS active so practically passive- defense and you think you're weak? Literally every class in the game can and does die in a stun. If you die .1 second sooner then I honestly still wouldn't consider it a "weakness".

And while rogue sustained certainly isn't on the level of frost dks, its still right up there with warriors and ret pallies. And their burst is pretty much equal to rets and arms as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    i have a holy pally with 64% resilience and 48k armor....a rogue can get me to around 30% hp in his 1st opener. NO, rogue dmg is not weak...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    30% active -but ALWAYS active so practically passive- defense and you think you're weak? Literally every class in the game can and does die in a stun. If you die .1 second sooner then I honestly still wouldn't consider it a "weakness".

And while rogue sustained certainly isn't on the level of frost dks, its still right up there with warriors and ret pallies. And their burst is pretty much equal to rets and arms as well.
    I think rogues surv is weak, 30% active dmg reduction that last for 5 sec, you look at the buff, it will fade in 2 sec -> lolstun -> lol he cant refresh like a tard every 5 second, lol he died.

Still some other classes have their retard CD that can be used while stunned

I dont care about surv being so bad since we have alot of other tool atm, still you cant say "omg rogue is a tank spec"
    I dont agree with sustained rogue dmg, out of weakness or trinket boost they suck
    I agree that burst is damn high
    Last edited by mmoc5ef7cfa017; 2013-04-02 at 12:29 AM.