Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Trying to figure out what's going on with your Demo lock.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7898&e=8437
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nfana/advanced

I see her uptime on Immolate is low, but other than that I'm not really sure.

I'm having huge issues and I can't figure out what the problem is.

Last week i was able to pull 100k no problem. I've gotten quite a few upgrades and for some reason, instead of my dps going up I went down. I'm not barely able to pull 75k.

I replaced these trinkets (Relic of Xuen and Terror in the Mists) with (Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault and Renataki's Soul Charm). I've upgraded my wrist and my neck piece. I've also replaced my feet.

These would all be considered upgrades so I dont understand why I'm doing so bad.

Here's my armory link:
    - us.battle.net/wow/en/character/guldan/Pnutbutter/advanced

Here's my most recent WoL: It's on Magaera
    - worldoflogs.com/reports/p1id0uo9si5xzvyd/sum/damageDone/?s=5457&e=5901

I'm currently waiting for simcraft to go through for my stat weights and to do reforging once again..

I've spent three days and literally HOURS trying to figure this out on my own. I even had the other hunter in my group log onto my toon and she was having same probs I was.. she could barely push over 75 on the dummy after 5 min tests. So I truly dont think this is a player fault or rotation issue. This was including reforging and constantly changing out gear. I don't know what to do at the moment or what I could be doing wrong. Please help!!

I've never had an issue before where I get gear and my dps drops. I've always fought to be top in dps on the charts and now I feel like a scrub.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnutbutterwow View Post
    I'm having huge issues and I can't figure out what the problem is.

Last week i was able to pull 100k no problem. I've gotten quite a few upgrades and for some reason, instead of my dps going up I went down. I'm not barely able to pull 75k.

I replaced these trinkets (Relic of Xuen and Terror in the Mists) with (Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault and Renataki's Soul Charm). I've upgraded my wrist and my neck piece. I've also replaced my feet.

These would all be considered upgrades so I dont understand why I'm doing so bad.

Here's my armory link:
    - us.battle.net/wow/en/character/guldan/Pnutbutter/advanced

Here's my most recent WoL: It's on Magaera
    - worldoflogs.com/reports/p1id0uo9si5xzvyd/sum/damageDone/?s=5457&e=5901

I'm currently waiting for simcraft to go through for my stat weights and to do reforging once again..

I've spent three days and literally HOURS trying to figure this out on my own. I even had the other hunter in my group log onto my toon and she was having same probs I was.. she could barely push over 75 on the dummy after 5 min tests. So I truly dont think this is a player fault or rotation issue. This was including reforging and constantly changing out gear. I don't know what to do at the moment or what I could be doing wrong. Please help!!

I've never had an issue before where I get gear and my dps drops. I've always fought to be top in dps on the charts and now I feel like a scrub.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    U have some leet hunter skills for a lock

Deleted
    This thread is pretty much dead asside from the occasional Hunter and the respective flame, or is it?..
    Bump for my post on page 1 :/

Well, I refrain myself for posting here because... I'm still not sure if my "way of playing" is the good one :/

I play a Affliction full haste build with GoSup because Simcraft tells me it's higher but... How can we help other while not even being sure of the way we play ?

This thread will have his usefullness later, when everything will be cristal clear.

DPS issues?

Hey all, so as the title suggest, I'm having a few DPS issues. Ive looked at the rotation and got it down fairly well for...every spec to my knowledge. it just seems when I play Affliction or destro, I can never attain the numbers that I believe I should be attaining. It may be simply that I expect to much of myself, but id like to get a few extra opinions.

Currently, on my warlock as destro with like 3-4 Embers, I can burst 50-60k, but only hold a steady 40k (far lower as Affliction, maybe 25-30k till DS)

on my DK however, I can burst upwards towards 80k and hold the same amount, with his gear being lacking in comparison to my Warlock

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ndraith/simple (warlock)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...androse/simple (Death Knight)

If anyone can tell me or give me some information to reassure me, or at least help me out, that'd be great. I'm not great with sims or programs, so downloading or going that route isnt the option im looking for.

My current rotation for my warlock as Destro is Curse > DS > Immo > Conflag > incin till about 2-3 embers or when DS is nearing 5 seconds then left > CB > CB. Then just continue the rotation with Immo and incin, using Conflag everytime its up. I try to keep RoF up, but its so mana intensive and I don't feel my haste is high enough to compensate for the mana.

As Affliction my general rotation looks something like Curse > haunt > DS > SB:SW> MG, keep DoTs up > Keep haunt up > MG filler

Please and thank you!

Have u checked the Destro and Affliction Guides in the stickys above? those are the best Guides I have found anywhere. Really Helped me. Check those out and see what happens.

DK Idk my friend only warlock for me.

Well i'm not really asking for the DK rotation or anything, I just posted both for the comparison of gear. And ive seen the guides, I just...i dont know what a standard dummy/raid dps for my ilvl is so I know what to go off of

Ah my bad. Um Right now it should be anywhere around 50-60k I would say. That is where I was. I could be wrong though. so Check out other sites or wait for someone else to post lol.

Well, first look your I see some disturbing things in your armory.

First, you are at 13.8% hit. Fine by me if you don't want to play with the hit cap but it's not a very good thing.

Remove the glyph of everlasting affliction, you are only hurting your DPS.

Get some real trinkets. It helps A LOT if you know how to use Pandemic to his full extends.

If you play supremacy, go full haste. For me it works

Deleted
    Hello, I've been starting to play destro again after a big break.
    Logs from last night's raid 1st 7 bosses in normal ToT. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qsws2wtlk8p30p1p/
    Armory is at signature.
    I've read brusalk's guide 2 weeks ago when I speced destro just so ou know I didnt went in raiding blind

And my problem is:
    On single target fight I seem to do ok, for example on 1st boss or even Durumu. I know I can do better but I don't know what I do wrong. I,m not letting embers cap anytime, i try to maintain RoF as much as posible. Casting CB only when I have procs up. Up time on immolate is over 90% on single target bosses.

And on multi target fight...well i'm still learning that, on horidon for example I was siting at max embers for a few seconds, the generation rate was insane. And u havent havoced so much horidon, and not all the time I could get 3 Shadowburns on him, ads we're dieing too fast for us. Should I cast CB with backdraft up too when I have big ember generation??

Thanks for any incoming tips.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello, fellow Warlocks,
    since 5.2 came out I've been on the tail of the dps list in our raids, before the nerfs I was almost always at the top. The thing is that I have no idea if the reason for my low dps compared to the others is those nerfs or I am doing something wrong. I've been checking raidbots and according to their data I should be competitive with the classes we have in our group, but I am not. So I am asking you to check some logs and say if you see something wrong there and I can try fix it.
    I am present on most logs here - worldoflogs.com/guilds/135255/

ok so i am having trouble keeping up with dps no and i am not seeing any improvement in my dps with new items i have tried asking other/better locks on my sever for help but all they can do is say go get 4set and help me reforge so any help would be great i think i might not be using haunt right

armory
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/spirestone/Soulredemer/advanced

LOGS:worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-26on56w5aem9upr0/
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-7xkulz6rjkno7q9b/
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-yzxdy13qfybbkf5g/

thank you for the help in advance

Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rolled warlock (formerly an alt I only played very casually) main at the request of guild for 5.0. Studied the class and practiced as much as work and classes allowed, and have been competitive with my guild's dps for heroic T14 progression; topping several fights with first place dps consistently.

I guess I became complacent or something. Honestly have no idea. I assumed I "got" the class because my dps was really good.

Then 5.2 nerfs came and I now really feel embarrassed to play the class. I have never been this far off from being competitive with the rest of my guild with my dps on any class I've mained ever. Its literally sickening. Tried demo and destro, and my single-target dps is noticeably worse with either. I've tried every build I can find (GoSup for Horridon and Council; GoSac on everything else thereafter. I've tested my own dps and I do considerably more with GoSac on fights that i get to frequently MG/DS), and stacking all out haste or balancing haste and mastery doesn't make a noticeable difference at all whatsoever. I've already exhausted every possible resource I can find, and its all telling me the same mantras I already know and follow religiously.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rhead/advanced

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/258233/
    Last edited by SaltLakeAtrocity; 2013-04-01 at 05:22 AM.
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

Deleted
    Got a question regarding the trinkets again, i've been struggling to know which one to take. I got both Breath of the Hydra and Whusoolay's equiped. But i got a feeling it isnt a good move ( int issues and whatnot ) What do you guys think ?

Link to my armory : eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/siepher/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Siepher View Post
    Got a question regarding the trinkets again, i've been struggling to know which one to take. I got both Breath of the Hydra and Whusoolay's equiped. But i got a feeling it isnt a good move ( int issues and whatnot ) What do you guys think ?

Link to my armory : eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/siepher/simple
    Site seems to be loading slow as heck today. But without taking a look at your armory, I can tell you there has been alot of discussion for all 3 specs with those trinkets, you can find those in the other stickies at the top of the thread. For affliction i am using the woosh trinket right now. It's pretty good, you just have to babysit it alot, having a weak aura to tell you the proc is very helpful.

Looks like you are main spec destro? You should probably get ahold of the Lei Shen trinket if you can.
    Cyner#1996

Quote Originally Posted by Siepher View Post

If you're going Aff then you have the god mode trinket set up with what Cyner said. Let me give you an example.

Here's our Iron Qon kill from two weeks ago with me as aff with Breath/LotC
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/qti28...?s=1618&e=2277

This week's kill with Wushoo/Breath
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-k9...?s=1035&e=1616

You are absolutely insane to think Wushoo is not a good trinket, even as destro I can see it being really good. Personally if you are main spec destro I would say go for cha-yeis for sure, that should be your number one, and then its your choice for either lei shen or wushoo. The reason I'm not on the lei shen bandwagon anymore is because one dropped for us last week. Me and the Spriest wanted it so we went to dummy after raid. Both of us tested it for about 20 mins and I really wasn't impressed with the proc rate so I let him have it so I would be guaranteed to get Wushoo when it dropped. Well it happened this week and I have to say as MS aff, there is no debate anymore. Wushoo/Breath is BiS. If you cannot pull more dps with that trinket combo then you need to reroll mage or seriously rework the way you play because super charging dots with 13k Int at MINIMUM every time it procs is full retard mode dps. I will say this, you have to alter the way you play Aff if you want to take full advantage of the trinket. It is an RPPM so bad RNG with the proc is to be expected but to me there was no difference between proc rate on dummy or in raid. It was up about as often as LotC used to be up. One or two attempts it didnt proc for about 90 seconds, but usually its once every 60 seconds in my experience. If you want you can comb through Failnewbie's logs and compare me and Noctisquall to see the difference Wushoo makes. We usually flip flopped back and forth but this week I crushed him on every fight he was in for. This week it was Breath/Lei Shen versus Breath/Wushoo for the last 4 fights in ToT I believe. He messed with destro early in the raid so don't pay attention to those.

---------- Post added 2013-04-01 at 12:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SaltLakeAtrocity View Post
    Rolled warlock (formerly an alt I only played very casually) main at the request of guild for 5.0. Studied the class and practiced as much as work and classes allowed, and have been competitive with my guild's dps for heroic T14 progression; topping several fights with first place dps consistently.

I guess I became complacent or something. Honestly have no idea. I assumed I "got" the class because my dps was really good.

Then 5.2 nerfs came and I now really feel embarrassed to play the class. I have never been this far off from being competitive with the rest of my guild with my dps on any class I've mained ever. Its literally sickening. Tried demo and destro, and my single-target dps is noticeably worse with either. I've tried every build I can find (GoSup for Horridon and Council; GoSac on everything else thereafter. I've tested my own dps and I do considerably more with GoSac on fights that i get to frequently MG/DS), and stacking all out haste or balancing haste and mastery doesn't make a noticeable difference at all whatsoever. I've already exhausted every possible resource I can find, and its all telling me the same mantras I already know and follow religiously.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rhead/advanced

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/258233/
    Use my armory as a reference and whisper me in game around 6 server and I'll help you out with some things. Even with the nerfs you should still be near the top.
    Last edited by Betrayerx; 2013-04-01 at 07:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Eh, I have little sympathy for such complaints. Mythic raiders will have mythic weapons and mythic trinkets that will be far more powerful than a random legendary world drop. Power wise they'll still be at the top of the mountain. This is just a way for other people to have other special things, which is not anything mythic raiders should get to have a monopoly on.

Hey there, officer in our guild and know nothing about locks but our's seems to be performing sub-par, just wondering if you guys would be able to comb through armory and logs to see if they're doing anything wrong and help us figure out what's going on.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ondaa/advanced
    Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s874x548dx7d2c9k/ (feel free to backtrack through earlier logs for other bosses, lock isn't present for any fights later in this week)

Thanks in advance for your time.

Tortos Meta Uptime

I'm looking at my WoL parse from my guild's Tortos kill and I noticed that I only had 37.4% uptime on Metamorphosis throughout the entire fight. I feel like this is somewhat low due to the fact that there are multiple adds spawning throughout the encounter. Another thing to mention as well that I am assigned to DPS down the bats that spawn.

My question is, is my Meta uptime too low? If so, what should I do to increase the uptime?

Here is the link for the parse: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-y23yqvlvxtchacqp/details/6/?s=6009&e=6385

Quote Originally Posted by Illinara View Post
    I'm looking at my WoL parse from my guild's Tortos kill and I noticed that I only had 37.4% uptime on Metamorphosis throughout the entire fight. I feel like this is somewhat low due to the fact that there are multiple adds spawning throughout the encounter. Another thing to mention as well that I am assigned to DPS down the bats that spawn.

My question is, is my Meta uptime too low? If so, what should I do to increase the uptime?

Here is the link for the parse: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-y23yqvlvxtchacqp/details/6/?s=6009&e=6385
    Drop Harvest Life and just hellfire, Shadowflame dmg could use a lot of work. You should always meta before the 2nd one lands for a 2 stack meta buffed shadowflame(should do it single target too, but that works a tad differently), Never chaos wave on tortos hand is way better since shadowflame will fully tick.

Felstorm should also be a higher portion of your pets dps than it is.

Your uptime could improve maybe 10% or so, should see 45-50% uptime at imo.