Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy fuck that commercial just hits me hard back into the late 80s and late nights playing on my NES and Sega Master System. Logging in later to check this masterpiece out.

Very cool event, very accomplished execution. Super creative.

Probably the best summation of GW2 in terms of gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure P View Post
    Yeah I had people in my party freaking out that they were kidnapped. Didn't know what they were on about. Then they're like 'oh, that's the continue screen.'

My friends and I played for about 6 hours straight yesterday lol. We were exploring each zone trying to find all the hidden rooms and secrets. Many lives were lost in 2 trying to get to the room underneath the platform, by angling our cameras we could see a door beyond the black water, up a little higher - have to fall off the platform in the right spot and jump on the roots of the trees to get there. Black water is of course death!
    Valar morghulis

Haha. The crocodiles and secret doors are marvelous. That is smart.

In world 3, the use of vertical space is very Jumping Flash!-ish.

Edit: Just killed the frog at the end. Fantastic design! Frog boss was the most challenging boss in the game so far.

How is this frivolous minigame more polished and accomplished in design then what Anet spent 5 years working on?

Bravo, Anet. Nailed it.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-04-01 at 05:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Haha. The crocodiles and secret doors are marvelous. That is smart.

In world 3, the use of vertical space is very Jumping Flash!-ish.

Edit: Just killed the frog at the end. Fantastic design! Frog boss was the most challenging boss in the game so far.

How is this frivolous minigame more polished and accomplished in design then what Anet spent 5 years working on?

Bravo, Anet. Nailed it.
    i agree on the boss part. this one actualy required tacts and was lots of fun i hope they make the future bosses the same

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Very cool event, very accomplished execution. Super creative.

Probably the best summation of GW2 in terms of gameplay.
    Thats not what you said earlier =O

jk, It is really Content. Anet seems to be better at doing content that is themed rather than content that most MMO players are used to, dungeons mainly. I really loved the Halloween event, the Wintersday stuff was great, enjoyed snowball fighting, the Tower Defense challenge, the Survival games, and now this zelda/mario type game. Games like WoW introduce new dungeons and new quests and GW2 has done that with Fractals and the Living story, But even WoW players get bored of new quests and running a dungeon over and over again till new ones come out and games like that dont have filler content that makes you want to come back for.

For instance I was a Raider in patch 4.0, Guild stopped raiding b4 4.1. Then 4.1 came out and i got the blizzard 7 free days so i came back and it was just 2 troll dungeons and a troll quest line. Not worth subbing a month for imo. So i didnt resub. The filler content in MoP was patch 4.1 that gave new dailys and new senarios but again this is content thats already given and not a breath of fresh air, just a change of skin.

GW2 on the other hand has given and taken away, and thats the beauty of these events, its that they last just long enough so you dont get bored and they are different enough from your everyday MMO play that you want to do things like snowball pvp or do a survival game, or a new jumping puzzle. This filler content gets ppl coming back and spending money which is exactly what Anet wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Thats not what you said earlier =O
    Think the only thing I commented on initially was it looked like a lot of jumping puzzles.

I took baby mode through. :>

Amazing. I don't say this lightly but this is truly amazing. Had a blast and I didn't even finish world 2.

If they spent half this effort. Literally half, not even half maybe in other parts of the game tho...like pvp, living story, and trait system (leading to class balance).

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Amazing. I don't say this lightly but this is truly amazing. Had a blast and I didn't even finish world 2.

If they spent half this effort. Literally half, not even half maybe in other parts of the game tho...like pvp, living story, and trait system (leading to class balance).
    I'm enjoying it, but I really think folks are over-estimating how much work it may have been, especially in comparison to creating/balancing a trait system or pvp or whatnot.

I agree, very nice update. They should put that good work into Living Story for example, 'cause it's some really good work.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net...9/Untitled.png

My name is Rytlock, and I'm here to say
    Super Adventure Box is comin' your way!
    Funky fresh graphics with 8 whole bits,
    The cool chiptunes are all instant hits!
    My main man Moto is a radical dude,
    so visit Rata Sum when you're in the mood!
    Word.

(not mine)
    Valar morghulis

All the cool stuff comes while I am on vacation.

Are there only the 3 zones? (Spoilers just in case.)

I defeated the King Toad then there was a zone after that, then it prompted me to leave the instance. Is that it? Not only didn't save the princess, but seems like we literally only did 1/3 of the map.

Just wondering if I missed anything. Or is that a limitation of baby mode?

Edit: Okay, so I noticed there are more world doors in the starting area, but they're still all closed. No idea how to open them. o_O
    Last edited by Lane; 2013-04-01 at 09:19 PM.

Deleted
    Only those 3 are in the game atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Are there only the 3 zones? (Spoilers just in case.)

I defeated the King Toad then there was a zone after that, then it prompted me to leave the instance. Is that it? Not only didn't save the princess, but seems like we literally only did 1/3 of the map.

Just wondering if I missed anything. Or is that a limitation of baby mode?

Edit: Okay, so I noticed there are more world doors in the starting area, but they're still all closed. No idea how to open them. o_O
    The whole thing isn't finished. They will launch more over time.

Ohh, okay. Thanks. That's cool then, I wondered how we were going to do that whole place in one month. O_O

Quote Originally Posted by zurgs View Post
    I was watching this on a stream last night, it looks really good, unfortunately it also highlights the bizzare way GW2 is run, where they pour resources into temporary fluff content, yet clearly lack resources when it comes to fundamental things like class skill/trait bugs, core PvP features, hacking in WvW, etc.
    They aren't "pouring" resources into it. Anet is broken up into development groups and the group that did the super adventure box is the jumping puzzle team. The same team the did the christmas one and the madking tower. You can see replies from the SAB creator on youtube, forums, etc - he's obviously keeping an eye out on the feedback.

The PvP team wouldn't of even touched the SAB.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

They basically dont know if they should continue with this content but if enough players want it to continue then Anet will continue the story and add the next zone. The Dev heading this said in the stream that the next zone wont come out till June at the earliest if they decide to continue.

I think they def should continue. And I don't understand much of the fuss going on at the official forums. I hadn't had this much fun and got hyped since...gw2 beta lol. Still Im glad to hear the SAB team is joining the live story team. But I still think that they need better team management focus inside Anet. The "doing little changes" for class balance and such isn't working.

Deleted
    wait a second ... they actually made this?
    brb, patching.