Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Oh mana shield...
    Pop mana shield > get hit > go OOM. That was so nice.
    That never happened to me unless I was popping it on cd, not using mana gems and not evocating, A.K.A. being bad at Mage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    That never happened to me unless I was popping it on cd, not using mana gems and not evocating, A.K.A. being bad at Mage.
    Ummm...so you only used it once every 2-4 minutes? Long before IA made MS bearable, and the reduction in mana drained made it manageable, MS was a HORRIBLE spell that many of us asked to be allowed to cast on enemies as a powerful utility spell.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by I-Swizzle-I View Post
    Ummm...so you only used it once every 2-4 minutes? Long before IA made MS bearable, and the reduction in mana drained made it manageable, MS was a HORRIBLE spell that many of us asked to be allowed to cast on enemies as a powerful utility spell.
    I was thinking more back in Wrath. Talking about how spells worked back in Vanilla is a bit pointless since there was quite a bit of stupid shit back then. Maybe we should talk about Amp/Damp Magic or Reveal Magic or whatever that spell was called. Hell, even Amp/Damp had uses once in a Blue Moon. This is a pretty weak argument either way.

Deleted
    This spell was wonderful. It have the best graphic animation (..) oops, it wasn't animated.
    It have the best game-play : absorbe damage but make you OoM and it even give you a damage's boost with Incanter's Absorption.
    But I can't do damage if not have mana.

I just loved it in my spell book ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    This spell was wonderful. It have the best graphic animation (..) oops, it wasn't animated.
    It have the best game-play : absorbe damage but make you OoM and it even give you a damage's boost with Incanter's Absorption.
    But I can't do damage if not have mana.

I just loved it in my spell book ...

You guys are going in some interesting directions with this. Nobody said it was interesting or even good. I simply said I thought it was better than Rune of Power. Your recollection of how it worked was a bit different than mine as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Destruktio View Post
    Stop supporting NT, 2nd worst mage spell ever made right after rune of power.
    NT is the only reason I play my mage. =/
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted

I was talking about Vanilla. Please stop aggressing anyone thats come in your way or doesnt have the same oppinion as you, it's becoming tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    I was talking about Vanilla. Please stop aggressing anyone thats come in your way or doesnt have the same oppinion as you, it's becoming tiresome.
    Having a different opinion than you is hardly "aggressing". It could easily be argued that over use of smiley faces is becoming tiresome. You didn't specify that you were referring to Vanilla in the post I quoted. Since the relevance of this spell was almost exclusively in Wrath, that was naturally where I went.

15+ Year Old Account
    Having a different opinion than you is hardly "aggressing". It could easily be argued that over use of smiley faces is becoming tiresome. You didn't specify that you were referring to Vanilla in the post I quoted. Since the relevance of this spell was almost exclusively in Wrath, that was naturally where I went.
    To be fair...the guy I quoted said NT is the second worst mage spell ever made. Citing Mana Shield implies more of the time it was introduced, aka invented, rather than when it became powerful/useful. Even then, it only took 2.5 whole expansions to make the spell useful.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    I'm sorry next time i'll specify the wow version when I'm talking about something. Won't happen again

To be fair...the guy I quoted said NT is the second worst mage spell ever made. Citing Mana Shield implies more of the time it was introduced, aka invented, rather than when it became powerful/useful. Even then, it only took 2.5 whole expansions to make the spell useful.
    I can see how this would make sense. I still think Reveal Magic or whatever the name was, is the worst.

I can see how this would make sense. I still think Reveal Magic or whatever the name was, is the worst.
    Detect magic. But why would you call it the worst spell? It allowed you to see buffs on the enemy, which of course is standard now, but wasn't when the spell existed. And it allowed you to mark your target back then before focus targets or raid markers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Detect magic. But why would you call it the worst spell? It allowed you to see buffs on the enemy, which of course is standard now, but wasn't when the spell existed. And it allowed you to mark your target back then before focus targets or raid markers.
    Yeah, Detect Magic was quite amazing in those days, but there isn't use for it anymore, which is why they removed it. In any case, enough derailment. Just because they're keeping an eye on things, doesn't mean you should expect a nerf. If NT is turning Mages into a multi-DoT class, then they will shift numbers to bring it back to being all about the nukes. Try not to tear the Berlin Wall down on any news of a possible change.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Yes, Detect Magic. It should always have been standard. Man, I honestly forgot about using it to mark bosses. I wasn't raiding back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Balo View Post
    I just don't trust GC with mages this expansion. The wow community hates mages and wont be happy till there nerfed to the ground or deleted. When GC says were keeping an eye on NT what he really means is don't worry we will fuck mages somehow.
    I'd have to agree with that.
    Especially after 5.1.

Yeah, Detect Magic was quite amazing in those days, but there isn't use for it anymore, which is why they removed it. In any case, enough derailment. Just because they're keeping an eye on things, doesn't mean you should expect a nerf. If NT is turning Mages into a multi-DoT class, then they will shift numbers to bring it back to being all about the nukes. Try not to tear the Berlin Wall down on any news of a possible change.
    Recent history would suggest that there is probably something already in the works here. I think it is actually reasonable to expect a nerf. But, like you said, they will likely shift numbers so there isn't an overall class nerf. I don't believe we are in a position where an overall nerf to dps is warranted.

Honestly, I hope they remove NT or remake it. It's really really not feeling good as an arcane mage, when everything is supposed to be nukes or waves of missiles who hit like a truck in an instant.

It's also about bloody time they make arcane viable in serious pvp. I really want to see radical changes. It feels that they don't want to scrap the idea of the mastery, but... it just does not work. They really need to remake arcane from the scratch with a solid new theme.

I can fix all the classes.

Get rid of PVP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post

Get rid of PVP.
    Provocative suggestion, but I tend to agree. The constant battle of balancing, dps output and what not. it gets annoying.

Either make 2 different spell book sets, or eliminate the separation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post

Get rid of PVP.
    Actually...the introduction of actual PvP in WoW IS what brought balance and fixed many classes. Does anyone remember Priest racials for one? Balance in this game was GOD AWFUL prior to the introduction of arenas, and it has actually gotten better since then. The problem is many people who post on forums don't actually have the width of vision to see how things were and how they are now.
    BfA Beta Time