Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Legendary Quest or Fail?

Is it only me or we missing the Legendary Feeling?

This new way to give legendary to everyone seems now, stupid as !?#;..

We want back the daggers from DS & The awesome staff from Firelands.

What do you guys think?

Why so progression raid groups and arena teams can be formed based on who has a legendary item? Personally I think it's better this way, and we do not even know how the quest is going to conclude yet. Kind of judging it a little early?
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

the way to obtain legendarys since wrath was also stupid.

Give an awesome item to 1 player (ofc more as times go) and then he leaves and f**ks over the guild....

In FL and DS as a ranged to get into a new guild you basically needed the staff or declined.

Only playing casual in this game now. And damn it feels great.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ill let you know if I can ever get my last damn sigil of power..Started collecting them the third month pandaria had went live. I am now 9 power 83 wisdom..the RNG drop for sigil of power is very F-ed up if you ask me. I am the only person in my guild who has yet to complete the first portion of the quest chain..

10+ Year Old Account
    To cater for the majority of players who are non-hardcore raiding subscribers, they wanted to make things a bit more equal.

This is also why LFR was introduced.

The 'watering down' of WoW is a clear business move and ironically may bring it's downfall as an enjoyable game, but will still rake in those subs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, but as a poster above said it is a bit earlier. And there is no telling where the quest line will end up, it is completely possible that Blizz is trying to appease the masses by allowing everyone to participate up to a point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure yet. I liked how it started, but almost 4k VP into Test of Valor and it's not feeling legendary. First I had to get some Sigils. Yawn. Now? 6000VP. Why? No real reason. No story. Just grind the VP up. I'll do it eventually since I LFR and raid... but eh. Next up in Change of Commands wich is fun, but not hard. Then a couple of BGs... and...

So far it feels boring. There's nothing that I've seen so far that means I've set myself apart by overcoming a huge challenge and to me that's what legendaries should signify - that the player has done something awesome. That was true before Wrath, hasn't been really since then. Me, I like the 'end boss drops superpowerful weapon' (Glaives off Illidan, bow off KJ) except that if it's the end boss... you're done.

I agree that the rewards seem less legendary in terms of power boost, but I believe they are getting better, and it is a expansion long quest chain. That seems pretty legen (wait for it) dary

Yeah because it was so much better when the 1 legendary drop was given to the gl or his gf or the person who bitched about leaving if they didnt get it first(who would usually then quit and screw over the guild).

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To me the quest would have been better if all these steps taken where to gather/forge different parts for the weapons. Instead you get a gem, a socket, an enchant, and a meta gem so far that I am aware of.

I thought the data mining pulled up a legendary helmet that was speculated to be the final step. Makes sense the way the objects are going so far tbh.

Legendary cloak seems to be the next item after the legendary meta.

I enjoy the way it is being done this expansion. Extra reward for players who have basically done "all" of the content on one character, with excellent rewards at the end. None of it is "hard" with LFR being in the game, but tons of people wont have it at the end, because you'd be surprised how few non-raiders actually absorb all of the content. I've had a legendary before, and I never really enjoyed the way of getting it. I didn't like that me getting it meant my friends/guildmates couldn't.

I'm totally ok with it being an individual effort that requires a group from time to time, without that group feeling like they are helping someone with no reward for themselves.

I am hoping that there is some difficult solo content at some point to stop people who get carried in LFR (not to be confused with the good players in LFR who can't fit into a proper raid schedule who are actually excellent players, who I totally think should not be excluded) from finishing it. The datamined stuff about "Celestial Challenges" which we know nothing about make me hopeful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    I am hoping that there is some difficult solo content at some point to stop people who get carried in LFR

I agree. The tougher the better. Ultimately I'm alright with everyone getting a gem, an extra socket, even the OP Meta, but if this quest chain ends with something truely remarkable like a trinket or weapon, I don't want every man and his wife having one. Don't make it grindy, make it outright HARD. So that only the top 1% (the people who would have earned a proper legendary way back when) will get it. ..and then in the whiners kick in, blizzard can nerf that quest or content, by 5% every month or so, until even the baddies can get their item. But let the elites get it first imo.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    i prefer this system a lot over the older one, were just a few classes could get it and then you had too pick 1 person to do it. which could cause so much drama.
    this new system allows everyone something and people who actually put more effort in it (and getting lucky with drops) will get the rewards quicker like it should.
    but everyone can get it in the end, so slower paced people get a chance too enjoy it also.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Not sure yet. I liked how it started, but almost 4k VP into Test of Valor and it's not feeling legendary. First I had to get some Sigils. Yawn. Now? 6000VP. Why? No real reason. No story. Just grind the VP up. I'll do it eventually since I LFR and raid... but eh. Next up in Change of Commands wich is fun, but not hard. Then a couple of BGs... and...
    Everybody was capping VP for valor upgrades back then anyways, so not like it was too hard to get.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    Ill let you know if I can ever get my last damn sigil of power..Started collecting them the third month pandaria had went live. I am now 9 power 83 wisdom..the RNG drop for sigil of power is very F-ed up if you ask me. I am the only person in my guild who has yet to complete the first portion of the quest chain..
    If you aren't lying (doubtful) then wow...that's some bad luck

I like how you don't have to decide who should get it and it's practically drama free, but I do feel the lack of extra flair last two legendaries had. Like that Nexus instance... Haven't seen the new scenario yet (missing 1 secret), but it could have been more fun if there were more stuff like that instead of grind this and grind that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    Really? Ouch. I usually get 1-3 sigils of power every time I run LFR. Did you anger the RNG gods that much?

I'll pass judgement once the questline is completed. For now, it's not at "legendary weapon" status, but I do really like that it's more based on individual participation and more widely available-- cuts down guild drama at the very least, and that is not a bad thing.