Page 12 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    There is always one best enchant for a given gear slot, there is no question or uncertainty. If you're not sure what yours are, I believe they're in the ret guide on this forum or you can find them on icyveins or noxxic.
    I will disagree on this. For cloaks and feets there are 2 enchants that are both competitive.
    For cloaks, we have 180 crit or 180 hit both are good. But if you can reforge hit to not be overcapped the hit enchant is generally better.
    For feets, it's 175 hit vs 175 haste. Again both are good and choosing one over the other is not a problem except if you can't reforge hit to not be overcapped.

I'm french, I'm really sorry if my english is bad. I try to do my best.

Ret T15 2 Pc: Reforge and priority change

hey guys,

I was lucky to complete my 2 set on my ret paladin. However after simming myself it says my reforge priority is Haste > Crit > Mastery.

It has been like this for a while before my 2 pc, and its bugging me cos I always thought ret was Haste > Mastery > Crit.

Further more with 2 set bonus (extra holy damage on Exorcism), I would think mastery would come a lot higher.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what i'm doing wrong?

My SECOND question is: Does the 2/4 T15 set for ret change our DPS priority?

I'm still going by : How > Exo > Crusader > judgment during normal DPS, and How>Exo>judgment for my Sanctified Wrath + Wings phases. Any change there?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nmeat/advanced

> Im aware I'm missing tinkers (just got the gloves). Also if you're wondering why I ignored my blue sockets it s because I have hit rating spilling out of my ears, so I replace the +160hit+160haste with 320 Haste instead.
    Last edited by Booniehat; 2013-04-01 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodalos View Post
    I will disagree on this. For cloaks and feets there are 2 enchants that are both competitive.
    For cloaks, we have 180 crit or 180 hit both are good. But if you can reforge hit to not be overcapped the hit enchant is generally better.
    For feets, it's 175 hit vs 175 haste. Again both are good and choosing one over the other is not a problem except if you can't reforge hit to not be overcapped.
    That's true, whether you can use the hit is certainly a factor. If you CAN though, my point applies. Theres also the run speed boot enchant which I expect most people use, but in terms of dps the hit enchants will always win if you can use them.

---------- Post added 2013-04-01 at 07:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hegez View Post
    only trinket i have what i could replace it with is lfr trinket from lei shi. Hoping to get lfr trinket from Horridon or Ji-kun next reset.

Will check word of logs when i can
    LFR lei shi trinket is better
    theres a blue trinket that's better
    horse is bad
    I wish it was good, I got one on like our first day of raiding haha

Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    hey guys,

I was lucky to complete my 2 set on my ret paladin. However after simming myself it says my reforge priority is Haste > Crit > Mastery.

It has been like this for a while before my 2 pc, and its bugging me cos I always thought ret was Haste > Mastery > Crit.

Further more with 2 set bonus (extra holy damage on Exorcism), I would think mastery would come a lot higher.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what i'm doing wrong?

It's your weapon. It's not high ilvl enough to push mastery over.

My SECOND question is: Does the 2/4 T15 set for ret change our DPS priority?

I'm still going by : How > Exo > Crusader > judgment during normal DPS, and How>Exo>judgment for my Sanctified Wrath + Wings phases. Any change there?
    No change at all.

Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post
    4 targets is enough but they should live for more than 20sec to be worth it in pure numbers. If the adds are an emergency, swtch anyway to maximise damage on them even if it diminish your "dps" due to switching in a short span-time.
    Seal of Righteousness on GCD kinda bugs me.

Anyway. On Vampire bats in Tortos, do we swap to it then? probably not?

---------- Post added 2013-04-01 at 06:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    [/B]It's your weapon. It's not high ilvl enough to push mastery over.

No change at all.
    Awesome (the reply). Not awesome (my weapon )

Deleted
    I would consider swapping as soon as they are landing and using AOE rotation with one of the bats as a primary target to cleave Tortos (and note vice-versa because of her huge hitbox, bats might be considered "behind" you).

BUT, do this only if you are in 10 men and in a poor AOE comp.

If you got warriors/locks : don't swap seals, only DS/HotR.
    Last edited by mmocb71f6e42a0; 2013-04-02 at 03:06 PM.

Deleted
    I would consider swapping as soon as they are landing and using AOE rotation with one of the bats as a primary target to cleave Tortos (and note vice-versa because of her huge hitbox, bats might be considered "behind" you).

BUT, do this only if you are in 10 men and in a poor AOE comp.

If you got warriors/locks : don't swap seals, only DS/HotR.
    So it could be a DPS loss because Censure drops off from Tortos and you use two GCDs to do it?

Deleted
    Hi,
    I'm recently playing my pal ret and even if I have a limited gear (freaky really low haste rating), I'm playing in a raid with guildmates having 15-20 more ilvl so I've difficulty to criticize my gameplay except I suck :x

Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/characte.../Nezz/advanced

Alternate Specs/Glyphs: I'm just swapping LH and ES

Worldoflogs Link:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-h92whql4ijgqm6tm/ 1st part ToT
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5o9serewd53z34wz/ 2nd part ToT

Questions, concerns, expectations: So I'm new at ret 2 weeks max, I've previous melee GP experience. I've done some lurking around, I use WoL to learn but as explained above I can't criticize my GP because I'm undergeared compared to the other melees, I'm still using clcinfo (!), I only knew relatively well the first 6 encounters.
    So I wonder if you could tell me if there is something wrong my GP or if I just lack some gear, I don't really know how is the scaling with gear for ret.

Description of Playstyle: Still using clcinfo, so basically I'm using the following
    Inq > 5HP TV > ES > HoW > Exo > CS > Judge > 3-4HP TV
    When at least two target I'm using HotR instead of CS and DS instead of TV and even LH if specced into it. I try to align my DPS CD with pots or BL when I can, I'm trying to respect the 10 sec rule after GoaK, I'm prepotting well I don't see much here...

That's why I'd like to get your insights about if I really really suck or will I really really suck until I get a weapon or so !

Thanks.
    Last edited by mmoc651178b24e; 2013-04-02 at 10:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    So it could be a DPS loss because Censure drops off from Tortos and you use two GCDs to do it?
    Yes it would be a raw DPS loss, the main condition with the caps "BUT" is specifically here for this reason. And yet, in the context mentioned above, it would be worth it because strictly for bats' Damage, you WILL damage them more and they will die faster, which is crucial on this fight.

I hate to repeat myself, thought it was clear the first time... edited post to make it more obvious then..

Seal of Righteousness on GCD kinda bugs me.

Anyway. On Vampire bats in Tortos, do we swap to it then? probably not?

---------- Post added 2013-04-01 at 06:23 PM ----------

Awesome (the reply). Not awesome (my weapon )
    BH and SS healing scales with vengeance, definitely stick to SoI unless you're using some weird strat of chain stunning them and you need them to die in a very specific amount of time

im not retarded i swear
    Last edited by dennisdkramer; 2013-04-02 at 03:15 PM.

Deleted
    Pretty sure he was talking about bats as a ret ^^

Prism is really good, LH hasnt been particularly useful in ToT

your WoL is in french - not impossible to analyze, but really really annoying for non french speakers such as myself.

Everyone uses clcinfo, even on EJ they have a policy in the ret threads that you can't talk about how ret is a monkey pressing a button when an addon tells us to. I just switched away from using clcinfo last week and I like it better, but it'll be a while before I am able to consistently outperform clc.

I haven't the faintest idea what you mean by 10 seconds after GoaK.

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 11:15 AM ----------

Pretty sure he was talking about bats as a ret ^^
    hah just came from a prot thread, derp

Deleted
    Hi dennisdkramer thank you for reading my post
    Yeah sry for the FR WoL, the uploader uses FR client and even I sometimes use comparebot and english tooltip
    here a comparebot on jin'rokh http://raidbots.com/comparebot/515a9...300029b#damage
    I was talking about syncing my AW+HA after 10 sec using the Guardian, Am I dead wrong on this one ?

Clcinfo - lol.

Better players do it themselves. I can understand it for beginners, but are raiders actually using this? Since when did you need something like that to tell you what you should press? Or are people just lazy that they can't use their brains for a change?

<Post on topic and productively, refrain from posting like this, please!>
    Last edited by Krekko; 2013-04-03 at 01:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKlomp View Post
    Hi,
    I'm recently playing my pal ret and even if I have a limited gear (freaky really low haste rating), I'm playing in a raid with guildmates having 15-20 more ilvl so I've difficulty to criticize my gameplay except I suck :x

Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/characte.../Nezz/advanced

Alternate Specs/Glyphs: I'm just swapping LH and ES

Worldoflogs Link:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-h92whql4ijgqm6tm/ 1st part ToT
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5o9serewd53z34wz/ 2nd part ToT

Questions, concerns, expectations: So I'm new at ret 2 weeks max, I've previous melee GP experience. I've done some lurking around, I use WoL to learn but as explained above I can't criticize my GP because I'm undergeared compared to the other melees, I'm still using clcinfo (!), I only knew relatively well the first 6 encounters.
    So I wonder if you could tell me if there is something wrong my GP or if I just lack some gear, I don't really know how is the scaling with gear for ret.

Description of Playstyle: Still using clcinfo, so basically I'm using the following
    Inq > 5HP TV > ES > HoW > Exo > CS > Judge > 3-4HP TV
    When at least two target I'm using HotR instead of CS and DS instead of TV and even LH if specced into it. I try to align my DPS CD with pots or BL when I can, I'm trying to respect the 10 sec rule after GoaK, I'm prepotting well I don't see much here...

That's why I'd like to get your insights about if I really really suck or will I really really suck until I get a weapon or so !

Thanks.
    on Jin'rokh :
    First, AW would be a better choice of talents since those HoW can be pretty sick with the water pool buff imo. And the only things that stroke me out were poor ES usage (no sync with either STR procs or CDs except once) and a parried TV and parried CS, so be sure to stay behind the boss at all time even when it moves, and if you couldn't help it, well, it can be as substantial loss.

Be sure to track your 8800 STR proc to cast ES when it's up (even if 1sec remains on your buff, ES will gain from the proc for its entire duration) and since you use BL on first pool, use it then, with guardian stacked at +20% STR and AW up.
    Besides, you didn't use 4k STR potion during BL, nor before pull so that can explain some of it too.

Be sure to farm this blacksmithing to 450 mini ASAP to gain 640haste via two additional gem slots (gloves/bracers). Try to choose better itemized items if you can, ilvl doesn't do the trick all the time.

Other than that, yes, yo do have a shitty weapon and shitty trinkets too and don't have any set bonuses so, don't worry too much, your DPS will increase as your gear gets better AND by changing those few tricks.

By the way, darkmon relic is better than LFR vortex, and Last orders of lei shen is even more better (even the lfr one). So if you have one of those, equip it. Also, enchant dancing steel too, if you get lucky and have it for ES/CDs it's a net gain. And don't forget the belt buckle ^^

EDIT : if you use HA, then yes, delay AW+HA macro by 10sec after casting GoAK
    Last edited by mmocb71f6e42a0; 2013-04-02 at 03:35 PM.

What is the DPS difference between SW and HA? If it's minuscule, then it's all about preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Clcinfo - lol.

Better players do it themselves. I can understand it for beginners, but are raiders actually using this? Since when did you need something like that to tell you what you should press? Or are people just lazy that they can't use their brains for a change?
    Yep, in fact I would guess that most of the best players are using it, because why not. Check the EJ thread I referred to. There's really no benefit to doing it yourself, I just found it too boring to use CLC so i turned it off.

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 12:06 PM ----------

What is the DPS difference between SW and HA? If it's minuscule, then it's all about preference.
    its miniscule on most fights;
    SW pulls ahead single target, and far ahead if you have to leave melee range at all during burst
    HA pulls ahead for cleave, and way ahead for bursts of cleave if they line up with cooldowns well.

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 12:10 PM ----------

if you use HA, then yes, delay AW+HA macro by 10sec after casting GoAK
    str prepot lasts 25 seconds, lets assume you take 5 seconds to run in and get inq up, 4k str outweighs the benefit of the end of GoAK, pop all CDs at once.
    The second time you use GoAK yes you want to wait 10s

Frankly I don't min-max enough to care and usually just pop all CDs at once every time.

Deleted
    Clcinfo - lol.

I guess someone is bored

Well, on most videos I watch with PoV rets, ClC info often gives misinformation on hwat ability to press next, since some odd clashes occur between CS/J for example. So it can tell you to hit J whereas CS is like 0.1sec up after it. In this case, I prefer to hit CS first and don't delay it GCDs after GCDs and losing HPs in total. Besides, this clash scenario has been talked about in details on EJ if my memory serves me right.

But yeah, there is a long post on EJ for CLCinfo and I bet you can configure it to be near perfect to your taste, and it's extremely good for beginners like MrKlomp.

I guess someone is bored

Well, on most videos I watch with PoV rets, ClC info often gives misinformation on hwat ability to press next, since some odd clashes occur between CS/J for example. So it can tell you to hit J whereas CS is like 0.1sec up after it. In this case, I prefer to hit CS first and don't delay it GCDs after GCDs and losing HPs in total. Besides, this clash scenario has been talked about in details on EJ if my memory serves me right.

But yeah, there is a long post on EJ for CLCinfo and I bet you can configure it to be near perfect to your taste, and it's extremely good for beginners like MrKlomp.
    yeah, there should be a clash setting that can be set according to whatever the math is, which I don't remember. It takes nearly perfect play to outperform CLC, I wish they'd just fundamentally change ret alread, its such an awful spec

Deleted
    I guess someone is bored

Thanks for clearing that last question up for me!
    I started raiding as ret in a casual 10 man guild recently (2 weeks ago) and so far it has been a pretty fun spec to play, even though I somehow feel like it's not top DPS material. I've done quite a bit of research on how to maximize my damage already but I would still like to ask a few beginner questions from the people following this thread:

1. How do you keep track of Inquisition buff? Even though I try to keep an eye on it most of the time it still sometimes falls off for a few seconds and I can usually manage only about 88 - 92% uptime. Currently I'm just checking it from ElvUI buff bars and I guess that it just isn't enough for me.

2. Is Divine Purpose way worse than SW/HA? I see people compare the latter two a lot but DP is hardly ever mentioned.