Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    So the day after finishing my green fire quest i decided to go into BT because i wanted the green fire dagger, Shard of Azzinoth. When i get in there I am still phased into the scenario version of BT and cant even use the exit to leave. My hearth was on CD so I stuck sitting there being able to go past the area Naj'entus is in because the grate is closed. I did however find out that beyond the entrance there is a replica of half the area outside BT out there, minus the temple, with a bunch of weird and missing textures.

tl;dr BT is busted for you if you do this quest/scenario it seems.

Personally im having issues at the second imp phase for some reason. I have the boss to abt 17mill hp by this point, then I start to RoF on the Imps and it all goes sideways, I get agro off the doomlord, so then kan starts nuking me and bam im dead.

To agro the doomlord im using attack then fel breath, the doomlord doesnt seem to move much from the portal so when I start to nuke second imps I get agro all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiSiLoR View Post
    Personally im having issues at the second imp phase for some reason. I have the boss to abt 17mill hp by this point, then I start to RoF on the Imps and it all goes sideways, I get agro off the doomlord, so then kan starts nuking me and bam im dead.

To agro the doomlord im using attack then fel breath, the doomlord doesnt seem to move much from the portal so when I start to nuke second imps I get agro all the time.
    If the doomlord is giving you trouble, you can try using Banish on him. I saw someone doing that in a video of the encounter and it seemed to work well enough for him.

Ye thats going to be my next trial, just keep him banished and nuke. Puppies and stuff no probs, but them imps I dont know but 3x RoF - Breath and FnB incin im having issues maybe just need a break

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems to me like a bug.
    I got the green fire, but I couldn't finish the quest.
    And now it tells me I should go and Kill him again.
    PSST.
    No thx, I've had enough wipes and nerves.
    Anyone facing such problem?

Don't know about rest, but I am close to deleting my lock after seeing I am incapable of beating one scripted mob. This fight is way to hard for no reason.

I didn't realize the pitlord had a heal for... way longer than I should have. Probably 30 attempts. I had made it to curse of doom timer twice up to that point though, without using the heal. I took a break to look up more strats for ideas and realized he had a heal (as well as learning about purification potions), and killed him within the next two attempts (and the first was a 1% wipe because I got greedy in trying to burn him down and left myself wide open for a chaos bolt, with sac pact down)

For anyone having trouble with the fight I'd have to say not using the heal might help you practice, because you're going to learn how to execute the fight absolutely flawlessly because there is no margin for a single error when you don't have that heal handy.

The killing attempt was noticeably sloppy compared to the earlier tries that I hit enrage and I still killed him no problem

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Seems to me like a bug.
    I got the green fire, but I couldn't finish the quest.
    And now it tells me I should go and Kill him again.
    PSST.
    No thx, I've had enough wipes and nerves.
    Anyone facing such problem?
    Were you in a raid at the time of the kill? I was, and I didn't get quest credit.

Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    Don't know about rest, but I am close to deleting my lock after seeing I am incapable of beating one scripted mob. This fight is way to hard for no reason.
    Stick with it! The fight will seem impossibly hard and then everything will finally click. Strategy depends greatly on ilvl and to a degree experience level. It can be completed at virtually any ilvl if your tenacious, but more gear does make the fight easier. If there is something specific your getting hung up on or the whole thing in general post your question. You might be missing something small that can make a huge difference. I've done it twice and had to use a different tactic each time since the gear was different. Post you issue and I'll try to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmax View Post
    The fight will seem impossibly hard and then everything will finally click.
    This is what makes this fight so awesome. Finally getting that one good try where everything works, your timing on every step is near perfect, and then you finally get to suck the green out of him.

Hey if people are still struggling with this quest i've found a very in depth guide that should help you out here us.battle. net/wow/en/forum/topic/8197590281?page=1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Were you in a raid at the time of the kill? I was, and I didn't get quest credit.
    Nope. I still have the fire, but I'm unable to enter BT because of this *SCENARIO*.
    I've done with this, wiping on 500k and 300k just makes me want to smash my keyboard into monitor.

Wait a couple of weeks, get some ToT gear, then go finish off the bastard once and for all.

I'm doing well this fight but i need some addons for helping me cause i cant track the banish time on doom lord and enslave time. Anyone can help me this problem? (btw i have weekauras so anyone have a script for this please write here .)

If you're not using /focus on anything else, you can use it on the doomlord.

As for the enslave time, I think most people cancel it and re-apply it while he's summoning the doomlord. That'll give you enough time to finish the fight without worrying about it.

After about 18 attempts I finally got it!

As long as you play well you can do it at an ilvl lower than 500. I did it with 487
    -Prepot
    -Purification Pot
    -Int Flask
    -No gems
    -Couple of enchants

I abused the gateway so I didnt get hit by any Chaos bolts. I put my gateways at min range from eachother both faceing the well at the start but one towards the left side of the big gateway.

I started out with a prepot/Demon Soul/Doomgaurd and opened with
    -Immolate
    -Curse of Elements
    -Conflag x2
    -Incinerate x4
    -Chaos Bolt x2
    -Immolate
    -Conflag
    -Incernate x3/4/5 (depending on how I was doing)

At this point he was done summoning the pit lord and I used my macro
    #showtooltip
    /tar Pit Lord
    /cast Enslave Demon
    Right as I was done Enslaving I would go right away into a Chaos Bolt/conflag combo and use this marco to stun the boss
    #showtooltip
    /tar Kanrethad Ebonlocke
    /cast Charge
    /petattack
    If I had time for an Incinerate I would use it, if not I would hop into the gateway. Kept watching my gateway debuff and if it fell off I would go through again while keeping immolate up and charging on cd. I was able to get 3 charges in before he summoned the imps. Also using the Flame breathe attack on myself whenever I got a seed on me with this macro
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@player] Fel Flame Breath
    Made sure to use that macro everytime I had a seed on me.

When the imps came out I used shadowfury to stun them hopped in a gateway used charge on the boss and chaos bolted/conflag him then FnB immolate/RoF/FnB conflag/FnB incin the imps again while keeping my gateway portal debuff up. At this point he went to cast Cataclysm and I would just charge him Chaos Bolt/Conflag, made sure to have 2 embers up at this time. As soon as the charge buff went away I would not recast immolate and just let it fall off, hop in gateway, use flame buff when seed got on me. I waited till he started running towards the gateway, which wasnt long after the cata, to then cast flame breathe one last time to make sure stuff was off and then hopped into the gate way. Right before getting in I soulshattered so I lost aggro on the boss. I ran behind the big gateway and started casting rain of fire. I didnt attack the boss so the dots were going to the Pit Lord and I delt with the Felhounds by keeping RoF up, keeping the hounds facing the backside of the gateway and using Demon soul/havoc/chaos bolt.

If for some reason they broke my Pit Lord free I just used the macro to enslave him again and spam my charge macro so it got away from the hounds. Once the hounds were dead hopped into the gateway and then dps'd the boss while making sure gateway debuff was up and I had no seed debuffs on me. Used charge during his Cataclysm and then he summoned the Doomlord thing. If my pit lord got free from the felhounds I didnt dismiss/recast enslave, if it didnt I would. Once the doomlord was out I would send my pit lord to attack him for a bit while I kept my debuff up/immolate up/seed debuff off then I would use this macro on the doomlord
    #showtooltip Banish
    /focus [target=focus,noexists]; [target=focus,dead]
    /clearfocus [target=focus,help]
    /cast [target=focus,exists,harm]Banish; Banish
    kept recasting it every time it hit 2 seconds and the doomlord was out of the way. At this poing I used the purification potion since I was at 2/1 minute left on the curse.
    At this point it was a rince and repeat of the first 2 phases. When the doomlord came up again I sent my pitlord to attack it a bit again then I just ignored it while I sent the pit lord to deal with the boss. At that point it was just dealing with the imps he summoned.

A great tip to know is that you can charge at least once after he cast Cataclysm and it will be up again by the next one. Don't get greedy and do it twice or else it will be on CD, happened to me several times.

Here is a link to my lock http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...artro/advanced to see what I did it in and I hope this info helps in someway.