Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 71 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    I can NOT get past the first felhunter phase.

Damn imps just chew me up and almost every guide says to use them as ember generators / FnB and ROF them down but i cant get them down while fast enough to work on interrupting the boss or if i leave them up they just blow me up.

Help please
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Orcala/simple
    I did just fine not using them as ember generators. Position your Pit Lord behind you and stand between it and the pack of imps, and use a macro that has your Pit Lord cast its flame breath on you while you use FnB+Immolate/FnB+Incinerate/RoF and they'll die very quickly. Just wait until most of them are out to use the flame breath, and use Shadowfury/Sacrificial Pact as necessary to keep your damage taken down while they're alive.

Hey guys, managed to get my hands on a tome a couple days ago (must've killed about 30 rares to get it, lol), killed Kanrethad within the same afternoon with a mixture of peoples suggestions on here, many thanks to those who shared their strategies
    Killed him with a 505iLvl equipped, with plenty of time to spare on the 7min debuff, once I got to the 2nd doomguard phase I knew I had it in the bag. From what someone said earlier, if you act in a reactive manner instead of acting proactively, you will lost control and wipe (happened to me the first few times, until I followed a plan and took it step by step). I found that LoSing the Pit Lord during the puppy waves was the best way to handle it, while going ham on the puppies and not worrying about the enslave being eaten, while making sure to re-enslave the Pit Lord before the 1st doomguard so that on the 2nd puppy wave the enslave wouldn't run out.

I gotta say that after wiping on Disruptron for hours (oceanic lag ftw), Kanrethad is cake in comparison.

Forgot to mention I did this as Destro, and used Sacrificial Pact to eat the Chaos Bolts, didn't use the gateway.
    Last edited by protense; 2013-03-31 at 02:02 PM.

I finally did this fight last night and it feels like a proper acheivement, so excited to get him down!
    Ive only been trying at weekends due to work so all in all it probably took me about 60 tries to get him down.
    Last week i purchased 2 items from shadow pan assualt so that boosted me from 487 to 498 ilvl which im sure helped alot.

People having trouble with the fel hounds, what i did was after cataclysm and around the same time he runs to summon them just send off the pitlord to behind the left hand pillar opposite side to where my demonic portal was set (for chaos los) and immidiently put a ROF over the portal so you get instant agro otherwise it could go tits up.
    I think the main thing about this fight is the countless things going off and the amount of awareness you need that screws people over......chaos bolt/seed of corruption and managing dots with the pitlords flame breath/cataclysm/curse of doom/demon summonings which can fuck you over if executed wrong/the use of macros at the right time/that piece of shit little imp that keeps chatting and stunning you/pet managment/ember managment(although i never had a problem with that).
    Im not going to say people that cant do it cant play for shit like previous posters but i will say if you didnt know a warlock before this fight you will soon after it.
    Watch vids, use macros like threads say....it works!!!!!!

edit- i would just like to add , even though i used a few macros (dismiss,enslave pit,enslave doom) i clicked the whole shabazzle!!! did it destro also.
    Last edited by Suggs; 2013-03-31 at 02:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagen09 View Post
    Is there anyone who has some tips to get the tome beyond killing rares solo or be the first lock to loot? I must've killed 150-200 rares and never even saw the "¤#¤"# tome :/
    I got mine on day one, and since then ive looted 3 more which i sold while killing rares i find doing dailies.... sorry

Deleted
    Got my book on the first day off the first rare I killed and though "Oh yeah, this'll be fun albeit hopefully not too challenging." Unfortunately, after trying to boss fight a few times, realised I was way off. I finally did the fight after about a week of trying. Was sitting in 487 ilvl at the time. What I did:
    Made sure I had my gate off to LoS every single chaos bolt.
    Had the pit lord breathe flames over the imps as much as possible.
    Used the imp dispel to dispel the "Annoying Imp/Black Hole" debuff.
    Havoc'ed the first felhunter, pit lord charged that and the second one, then one shotted with chaos bolt and finished off the last one.
    Banished the first doomguard and feared the second.
    Most importantly for my item level, buying a "Purification Potion" which removes the soft enrage (the curse) as I had no chance with my damage.

Here's a link to my armory for practically the same gear I used:
    Armory
    It's easily doable with at least 480 ilvl with purification potions being used.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagen09 View Post
    Is there anyone who has some tips to get the tome beyond killing rares solo or be the first lock to loot? I must've killed 150-200 rares and never even saw the "¤#¤"# tome :/
    You can buy one off the Auction House, they go for 8-9k on my server by now.

Finished it Sunday as destro with typical spec at ilvl 496 and just wanted to throw a few extra tips out that helped me. First off, I set my gate up from front to back but a little to the right side of the circle and more importantly, my demonic circle right on top of my front gate. This way I could tele and drop threat without much movement pretty much on cooldown. Make sure you run Omen or other threat addon. Make your Pit Lord attack Every single add first, then immediately drop threat, including imps with imp flame macro. I never needed him to flame me, I used the imp sac dispell on cooldown. I banished the 2nd doomguard, didn't fear anything. For the felhunters, Los your pit lord, rain of fire on portal,then CoE and Havoc the first, CB the 2nd, conflag the 3rd for threat. ROF up and by then you can SB the first 2 and finish the 3rd. Target boss/pet attack boss macro to make sure he is following him out for the stun. It's ok if you are still finishing off a puppy with its back to boss.
    Keep calm, drop threat on cooldown especially when you are on all imp burn boss phase. ROF and FNB Immolate imps, spamming shadowburn on boss, stay calm, imp dispell and DROP THREAT. Don't Zerg boss and forget these two things. I had many wipes for focusing boss and not sticking to the normal routine. Although it is a bit if a gear check...it's all about getting the dance down and doing things on cooldown and Stay Calm! Don't give up and good luck!

Finally completed it just a few minutes ago. Spent a long long time learning this encounter.

Tried probably 50+ times as affliction (at 485 ilvl) got some gear together and went destro purely for this fight (never played before).

Killed at 505 ilvl using most of the strategies mentioned in the more popular guides. One change i did make was only moving the Pitlord to the edge of the boss portal for the fel phase, then nuking as usual but using the pitlord charge + breath (he returns to his spot automatically). This seemed to help me out a lot as the 2nd Fel phase usually just became overwhelming if the enslave is lost.

As I using the pitlord in this way it meant I could spam DS on CD on the boss and just throw CB into him whenever possible.

Mastering the 'cast your CB before hitting the charge' was an essential part of the encounter.

Good luck all, I pray they don't nerf this anytime soon.

Heya, I have done the green fire quest killed the last boss, but now when i wanted to go Black Temple with my friend i can't enter to the same raid as him. He enter the normal Black temple with mobs and etc. but i enter a full empty black temple without mobs and i can't even go outside the instance only if i leave the party and i get teleported out. Any suggestion how can i enter the normal BT?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnerlol View Post
    Heya, I have done the green fire quest killed the last boss, but now when i wanted to go Black Temple with my friend i can't enter to the same raid as him. He enter the normal Black temple with mobs and etc. but i enter a full empty black temple without mobs and i can't even go outside the instance only if i leave the party and i get teleported out. Any suggestion how can i enter the normal BT?
    Seems like it is bugged for Warlocks on and after doing the scenario for Green Fire. I've not heard from Blizz or anyone that there's a fix for it, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Discobiscuit View Post
    This post is all kinds of wrong. Loads of players, and most likely a majority of less serious (or less competitive) players were the ones who really voiced their opinion and hope for green flames. Now we have a quest-line that only allows the top players to get it. This isn't about proving who cares about their class more; more so, it's a quest-line (that is intriguing, but relativelyl difficulty free) that lets players get their hopes up by getting to the end of the scenario, only to get ripped apart and feel like they have no chance at completing the quest at the end.

The whole questline is fairly trivial and then blizzard throws a stone wall at all the lesser skilled players. I consider myself a competent player, or at least above average, and I gave up on the quest. I got the book on my very first rare kill. Fortunate right? Went into the scenario, got all the way to the end, and got face rolled repeatedly. I have no interest in going back. What a waste. So much for green fire. Apparently it's only for the die hard top players... They're the "only" ones who care about green fire. Dont make me laugh.
    While there's something to be said for your argument, at the same time, I think it's an insult to other more casual players to say this quest is only for "die hard top players". While I totally agree the last boss is HARD, and yes, that it may be TOO hard, it's unfair to expect the game to have no challenges at all just because *you* as an individual cannot be bothered to handle it. Being "die hard top player" and wanting a challenge before reward is NOT always the same.

Not meaning to offend you either, but if you're an above average and competent player, this challenge should intrigue you and you should definitely be able to handle it.

With my gear, I had the luxury to take my time. And I mean really take my time. I would suggest anyone does that, gear or not: Don't worry too much about the enrage or the boss HP or even your dps. Just try to make different things work. Set your mind on solving THIS particular problem, that way your wipes and the progress do not become frustrating. Make macros as you go, learn the abilities, and optimize your performance on imps and felhunters. Some warlocks get away with shattering or portalling the imps and not keep their aggro. I couldn't, so I had to work with not having an infinite ember pool. That's fine too, don't get frustrated, just try something else.

The biggest block for me was the felhunters. Their RNG is what makes them insufferable. Sometimes, they'd never devour the enslave. Sometimes, I could get away with re-enslaving and that was that. Sometimes, they'd chain-devour. Sending your pet away and optimizing your burst here is crucial, but the way in which you do it is what you should slowly learn to perfect.

In fact, I ended up killing it while taking it real slow like that, thinking it'd be another practice.

TLDR:

- Tackle 1 problem at a time, start a try intending to learn to deal with a set mechanic of the fight, that way wipes won't become a frustration.
    - Macros. Really. I had to clear out tons of macros just to make some. Keybind the demon abilities, I had to macro them to be able to keybind them. It makes a difference. Macros like quicktarget enslave/banish/fear make a difference. Every second counts especially while those felpups are up, seconds spent looking for the mob, clicking it and then pressing banish are the seconds you need to kill a felpup fast enough, have an enslave and no cataclysm in your face.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I finally got my green fire last night. After countless tries and wiping on the felhound phases i found what was for me the perfect position and managed to nuke them down.

Only died one time because of the doom timer. On my kill i had like 3 seconds lefs on doom.
    Done it with 492 Ilvl. Hard yes, satisfied absolutly.

Deleted
    Encounter was a bit disappointing and easy, but that's what happens when you have some normal ToT gear (518ilvl, took me weeks to get the book ).
    4-5 trys and killed him during the 2nd Wild Imp phase so plenty of time to spare (just RoF on them for endless Shadowburn spamming!), didn't even realize you could heal yourself with the pit lord.
    Also I was probably lucky on the kill, the felhunters didn't dispell my Enslave Demon.
    The whole encounter was just:
    - Dps boss, LoS Chaos Bolt, charge to interrupt Cataclysm, use breath to dispell
    - Enslave pit lord
    - RoF/breath imps
    - Kill felhunters
    - Banish doom lord (what's the point of it?)
    - RoF imps
    - Profit

Maybe I'll do it again with less gear to feel more like a challenge :x
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2013-04-02 at 11:20 AM.

Deleted
    I FINALLY got my Green fire today !!!!

Been at it 5-8h a day since 24 march, just had a 4 days break now over Easter... Feels VERY good and rewarding! That was a hard encounter :/

(iLvl 497)

10+ Year Old Account
    You sure did spend a lot of time on that, most people would give up after a few hours to complain here or the official forums
    Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkbunnie View Post
    I FINALLY got my Green fire today !!!!

Been at it 5-8h a day since 24 march, just had a 4 days break now over Easter... Feels VERY good and rewarding! That was a hard encounter :/

(iLvl 497)
    You have the patience of a saint. I was ready to flip tables after like an hour of failed attempts and I had to take a break to cool off before I actually did flip my desk or something. lol But welcome to the club! Get ready for people to comment on it a lot in dungeons and raids. I get at least one whisper every other run. lol

Deleted
    You sure did spend a lot of time on that, most people would give up after a few hours to complain here or the official forums
    Congratulations
    You have the patience of a saint. I was ready to flip tables after like an hour of failed attempts and I had to take a break to cool off before I actually did flip my desk or something. lol But welcome to the club! Get ready for people to comment on it a lot in dungeons and raids. I get at least one whisper every other run. lol
    Thank you guys

*lol* A bit of patience combined with "insane" I guess, ha!
    Believe me, my pc/keyboard has been the victim of some abuse this hard time ! But in order to keep foccus & my brain in check, I needed to force myself to do the encounter over and over again.... If not I would probably had given up...

Atleast now I feel the reward, it was truley a achivement ! Wonder why it´s not a achive in game

It really should be a feat of strength or something. The fight is definitely worthy of one. I suppose one could argue that green fire is a symbol of the achievement in and of itself but still. XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    It really should be a feat of strength or something. The fight is definitely worthy of one. I suppose one could argue that green fire is a symbol of the achievement in and of itself but still. XD
    It is a symbol for now... But in 6 months or 1 years time or whatever it might take for the encounter to be nerfed or easier by gear... Then it fould have been cool to have a FoS for obtaining it now! But never the less, it is a great feeling

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkbunnie View Post
    Thank you guys

*lol* A bit of patience combined with "insane" I guess, ha!
    Believe me, my pc/keyboard has been the victim of some abuse this hard time ! But in order to keep foccus & my brain in check, I needed to force myself to do the encounter over and over again.... If not I would probably had given up...

Atleast now I feel the reward, it was truley a achivement ! Wonder why it´s not a achive in game
    Also, I took an 5 min break every 3-4 failed attempts just to keep my sanity and to keep my self from destroying my PC/monitor.