Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

If I was a WoW Boss...

Ever wonder why some of the bosses just "tank and spank" against players?
    What makes that warrior so special that you just have to keep hitting him hardest, even though he's obviously getting healed and not dying.

Wouldn't it be interesting to see a boss stand out a bit from the rest? Actually going for the one in the dress - like the comment in the Arena.

If I was a Boss,. I'd kill the squishies first.
    How about you?

If I was a boss, I'd improvise when the landlubbers start looking tough.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

15+ Year Old Account
    If I was a boss, I'd fight with my back against the wall in a narrow hallway where no one was able to avoid my AoE attacks.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I was a boss, I would ignore tank aggro and kill all healers first!

Nefarius got it right: "Kill the one in the dress"

Anyways, I usually imagine that the tank simply flips the boss off with the middle finger, and it pisses the boss off so much. Smartasses like Illidan and Oondasta don't fall for it though.

If I was a boss, I'd repeatedly despawn myself to piss everybody off, have shit ton of insta-kill mechanics and implement a permanent death feature when I kill you.

If I was a boss in WoW I'd kill healers first and made my base not-friendly for Raiders, by that I mean I'll just stand in a room with other bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I was a boss, I wouldn't hit with sissy attacks. Pick up giant hammer, sweep the room to move them to one place, overhead SMASH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Faction Champions fight was a blast because there was no real "tanking". Was hilarious to watch all the members in our HToC group who were the "I'll never PvP because I'm a raider!" types die repeatedly because they had no knowledge of how to use cooldowns that weren't designed to up their damage.

if i was a raid boss id definitely be a dragon and with me there will be no killing me after the enrage as son as you have run out of time ill will become immune to all dmg and 1 shot the raid.

if you cant killl me in the allotted time you don't deserve loot

all wow bosses should work like that.

as for my HM it'll have 3 phases

p1 will consist of 5 npc's with different abilities the order you kill those npcs in will determine the difficulty of p2 which will have 5 dragons kill the 5 dragons to face me
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-04-02 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    If I was a boss, I'd repeatedly despawn myself to piss everybody off, have shit ton of insta-kill mechanics and implement a permanent death feature when I kill you.
    Your Sir are my hero and that statement is my new signature lol. I would target healers, and despawn at 1% hp.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I were a boss, I'd go Turbo. You're having a laugh if you think I'd get farmed by 10 or 25 idiots (who would probably misspell my name every week) for the rest of my career.

i would be Oondasta just in a 10man raid :s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crym View Post
    The Faction Champions fight was a blast because there was no real "tanking". Was hilarious to watch all the members in our HToC group who were the "I'll never PvP because I'm a raider!" types die repeatedly because they had no knowledge of how to use cooldowns that weren't designed to up their damage.
    Looking back on it, it was an excellent encounter, and very fun too.

This is actually something I thought would be a pretty cool addition to WoW, after seeing this game - http://store.steampowered.com/app/218130 DungeonLand I've thought how awesome would it be to be able to be the dungeon master of a current dungeon, so just take the layout of a dungeon and get to pick from a list of mobs, and their abilities, where to place these mobs etc, and be able to take control of these mobs , and have your friends go in and try and complete it! For bosses you would have full control and be able to choose abilities etc, and also be allowed to make your own boss *quotes* or choose from a list.

I'm not sure If I would make a good dungeon master though, not evil enough hehe.

If I was a WoW boss, I'd by controled by some bloody programers at Blizzard and they would make me do retarded thinks like following big bullies (tanks), scream every time use big bad ability and write a jurnal where i tell everyone what abilities i have, how i fight and even what treasure i posses.
    All those powers only to be enslaved. Not worth it.

If I was a wow boss I would have an infinite aggro range based solely on line of sight. If I could feasibly see you, IE if you're standing 40 ft away from me randomly jumping around with 24 other dudes, I would attack the shit outta you. No time to prepare! And my aggro table would be based solely on heals, whoever has done the most healing is who I target.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I were a boss, I would look like High Tinker Gelbin Mekkatorque (only 25 feet tall), have random healer aggro like a Felguard Annihilator, use two weapons like Illidan Stormrage, put out CC like a Shadow Priest, have DoTs like a warlock, and when you got me to 1% health, I would stop the fight and bore you to death with a 30 minute cinematic discussing why I did the things I did before vanishing in a puff of smoke. The only loot I would drop would be gold bags worth 28g 51s. The easter egg would be, if you rezz'd me before leaving the dungeon, I would come back to life as a battle pet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    This is actually something I thought would be a pretty cool addition to WoW, after seeing this game - http://store.steampowered.com/app/218130 DungeonLand I've thought how awesome would it be to be able to be the dungeon master of a current dungeon, so just take the layout of a dungeon and get to pick from a list of mobs, and their abilities, where to place these mobs etc, and be able to take control of these mobs , and have your friends go in and try and complete it! For bosses you would have full control and be able to choose abilities etc, and also be allowed to make your own boss *quotes* or choose from a list.
    UUU. I'd love that. I have so many ideas for bosses and few for really, REALLY annoying trash. I actually made one raid with 9 bosses. 8 of them killable, last one almost not killable....
    General idea is that normal mode is like "Hey heroes...come fight us and train", the heroic mode would be siege of the raid.
    Damn...im gonna post it now xD.
    Last edited by Dead_MAX; 2013-04-02 at 07:03 PM.

Deleted
    I'd simply implement multiple elevator-minibosses into my room setup... You know, get that raid moving up and down and laugh when they keep failing and falling to their deaths.