Page 1 of 2
LastLast

This season blows

There's too much emphasis on a fed ADC. With few exceptions, the rest of yours or the enemy team could be as good or horrible as possible and if one ADC can stay behind their team they win, every damn time. It's like the other champions don't even matter. Just feels like this season is putting too much emphasis on that. Also, when is Zix gonna be nerfed, he's way too strong.

It's the ADC's job to carry the game, and it has always been. Now pretty much every single ADC is weaker all around thanks to the massive defensive items that exist.
    The other champions make sure the ADC can do his thing in the backlines, it's a team game.

^ this is so not true, there is plenty of HP shredding items like BotRK which counter defensive and health items.

I am currently playing varus alot, and after going into some 30% crit or so, i feel like i dont need to put in any effort to get kills, yeah I'm pretty squishy but that's part of the skill based gameplay of getting away.

Meh I just feel like certain champions are almost uncounterable. Going against a tristana for example: apart from all the team peels and her running away, she has flash plus rocket jump or w/e it is. By the time you realize you can't get to her, you're whole team is 1/2 dead.

That's weird... I can't remember when I last played with a fed ADC who carried the game for either team.
    The only times I've seen a fed ADC has been because that player's team has been playing very well and the entire team have been fed.

If you're really that annoyed by it, pick Kassadin mid and one-combo their ADC.

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 10:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Julian View Post
    Meh I just feel like certain champions are almost uncounterable. Going against a trinstana for example, apart from all the team peels and her running away, she has flash, plus rocket jump or w/e it is. by the time you realize you can't get to her, you'r whole team is 1/2 dead
    You obviously know Tristana can be hard to catch...
    From what you just said, it sounds like you only realize it on a game-by-game basis. Forgetting it as soon as the game ends and you start another. Why not pick a champion who can 1v1 them easily and get away with no problem?
    Evelynn and, as I mentioned before, Kassadin are both great for that.
    Last edited by Riboe; 2013-03-31 at 10:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Deleted
    I agree with you, but for different reasons. :P

Deleted
    I feel S3 is the season where AD carries are actually in a worse state than ever before in this game. You won't beat any bruiser before you get at least 1 major item, and even then you'll not win. If anything, bruisers are too strong now

Well, ADCs are carries. They are meant to.... carry their team. Ideally.

However, "this season is all about fed ADC" is dubious for many reasons. Least of which is the above, which is inherent to the position. But the also the fact ADCs are at their weakest right now in the meta. It is generally thought that the S3 meta has shifted due to item changes to a 3 threat over strategy.

With a particular emphasis on Bruisers/Carry Junglers [Renekton, Xz, Vi] and mobile/duelist APs [Diana, Nidalee, TF].

So yea.

Deleted
    Bruisers in the jungle are cancer in this game. There always were tanks and rarely some bruiser before (most common one were Lee Sin), now I barely ever see any tank in jungle. And if there is one, he's playable as bruiser too (Pedobear, Pony).

Not that I like tanks or demand them in jungle, but the fact that jungler is commonly able to take out people without any help from lane is just plain stupid.

Also the ADC stuff was even worse before, they were a bit nerfed. Still too much guaranteed power, I'd be so glad if there was a total rework of AD items, they are just way too powerful (like BT is the most retarded item in the game).
    Last edited by mmoc064457dc87; 2013-03-31 at 11:56 AM.

I think the meta is healthier for having multiple roles able to present a threat. The curve of items suited to purpose could be adjusted perhaps.

League's itemization meta is not as loose as DOTA 2's meta. Though I do enjoy the move toward champions having the same malleability of DOTA's champs.

It's a good balance in my opinion; Any champ, anywhere but stricter items.

Deleted
    I agree that AD carries are really powerful late game, but that's usually because your team has allowed your AD carry to farm 100 cs ahead of everyone else.

However I can easily carry a game as a jungler. If all lanes are equal, I can easily impact the game by getting some quick ganks.
    The same goes for top lane. No one usually expects you to be that powerful in levels and gold, so when I jump in a team fight as a cs fed Zed or Kha'zix, I can usually turn around a team fight by clearing up in the end. I don't have issues either if I am playing a tanky top laner such as Singed or Nasus to carry team fights, assuming of course I am not behind in cs.

You didn't play season 2.... Season 3 ADC's , while still carries, are know where near as strong as they were in season 2 (okay apart from the Black cleaver and the blade of the ruin king weeks in which they were insane). But now late game, an ADC will die 1v1 vs most junglers, top laners and mids. They actually need their team to stay alive for the fight. In season 2 a late game ADC could 1v1 anyone of the enemy team and some of them were 3-4 shotitng tanks. This is not an exaggeration, Kog could actually 4 shot a late game full tank build champion it was insane.

Right now ADCs are weaker then season 2, maybe you are playing at a higher level then you used to be in season 2? That would explain why ADC's seem stronger, as they would be in the hands of people who actually know how to play.

No games spring to my mind when I think about ADC's solely carrying the game. It's always been a combination of plays and champions.
    RETH

ADC are much more balanced then in S2, they need more protection untill they get 4-5 items and high lvl then in S2. And they greatest success of this season is the balancing ADC - before there was a holy trinity *ez,graves,corki* now pretty much all ADC are being played at pretty much any level. Maybe Ashe needs small buffs, vayne and kog are terrible early but they make up for it being late game machine gun tank killers
    Last edited by satletio; 2013-04-01 at 12:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    No games spring to my mind when I think about ADC's solely carrying the game. It's always been a combination of plays and champions.
    I rarely see ADCarries carrying games either, it's usually the support/jungler/mid making the plays allowing the adc to get to his killer-phase quicker.

So all in all, a team effort. I find it way better than it was during S3, so props to Riot from me on this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think (for the most part) the game's meta is mostly balanced. Yes, bruisers suck, but unlike in Season 2, ADCs don't melt everything unless they have a team protecting them. My problem is the ranking system. This promotion series BS makes sense on paper, even seems like a good idea, until you realize this isn't StarCraft where you don't have to worry about a team. I understand this is a team game, but not every game is carryable. And it seems like the lower tier you are, the harder it is to carry. I try to not say Elo hell exists, but sometimes I do have to wonder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivalion View Post
    I rarely see ADCarries carrying games either, it's usually the support/jungler/mid making the plays allowing the adc to get to his killer-phase quicker.

So all in all, a team effort. I find it way better than it was during S3, so props to Riot from me on this point.
    Draven would like a word with you.
    Hey everyone

If anything, this season is less about a fed AD than season 2, and more about early aggression with bruisers and using champions who can tower dive early on.

All you can do is adjust, stop sucking and if you lose, suck it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why we haven't moved away from this ADC meta. Surely teams have tried bruiser and support top before in practice.
    Hey everyone