Poll: How should the 85-90 experience be changed?

Thread: MoP - Leveling

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'd like to have a buff with grants +% XP based on how many level 90 characters are on the same account, e.g. +10% for one lvl 90 char, +20% for two and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    There better more zone's in the next expansion. I'm sick of this 1 fucking leveling path. There needs to be choices, not a set linear path.

And no Krasarang Wilds doesn't count as a zone you could entirely level from. You HAVE To do both Krasarang Wilds and Valley of the Four Winds if your only questing. That's why you get quests for both zones early on.
    Sorry, but I hate to tell you that I skipped doing Valley of the Four Winds on most of my alts and it didn't slow down my leveling. At. All. You DO NOT have to do both.

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    Basically you just said, "I've already done the work, I shouldn't have to do it again." What?
    no, he just said "there's no need to preserve the feel of exploration when that feel is already over."

you don't feel like you are exploring the place when you go there for the second time. or the 8th time.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

You can literally reach level 85 in a matter of a few days.
    So? It will take someone that knows what they are doing roughly 60-70 hours of game play to get to 85 then they have another 20-30 hours before they can experience the part of the game that everyone is playing. Asking someone to play for 100 hours plus before they can even start to play the main part of the game is ridiculous the first time around let alone third, forth or fifth time. It might be a different story if the content and story available was varied and plentiful enough to be enjoyable but in essence you are asking people to invest weeks playing the game doing the same three or four quests over and over again. This is before you even hit the issues of the story between the revamped 1-60, TBC, WOTLK, Cata and MOP essentially being all over the place.

There are reasons that WOW is not attracting enough new players to replace those that leave and a long drawn out levelling process is part of them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excaliban View Post
    I'd like to have a buff with grants +% XP based on how many level 90 characters are on the same account, e.g. +10% for one lvl 90 char, +20% for two and so on.
    That would work out nicely too. I'd still like at least an exp reduce over the last 2 levels like someone previously mentioned, but that would work out nicely too.

Basically you just said, "I've already done the work, I shouldn't have to do it again." What?
    This is a game. It should not be "work." That is the inherent problem, and the thing that is keeping me from leveling as many alts this expansion. I leveled many alts in Wrath because there was a large enough spread of zones and hubs that there was not as great a deal of repetition than in Cata and Mists. I leveled many alts in Cataclysm because the ability to fly cut out a great deal of what I personally find tedious about the leveling process. Mists, for me, is suffering from a lack of one or the other of those things.

In my opinion, they either need to make the repetition more "fun," less repetitive in some way, and, for me, flight would achieve that much better than a flat experience-needed nerf. Flight would make it easier to cherry-pick out of the way quest hubs that you may not have completed on other characters, for example.

Honestly, MoP leveling to me kinda feels like it would barely benefit from flying mounts. It seems like most quests are a few hundred feet from the giver, and a lot of quest hubs require you to kill/loot basically everything in an area so there's no real need to 'avoid' agroing anything. It might equate to a 5% time savings, if that, whereas Lich King had quests and geography that were far more punishing to ground mounts.

At this point, I've got 4 90's and two 85's that I got a few bars on before saying "no way" to another run through Pandaria. I guess I'm kinda in the middle of those who say it's no big deal and those who say it's so annoying it hampers enjoyment of the game. In the end I have to support an exp reduction. If you don't like it, you have every right to continue questing at 90 and get extra gold, so even those who love Pandaria leveling actually get a minor buff out of it. If you hate the leveling, you'll save hours off what it originally was. It's really win-win. It's true that the leveling isn't the end of the world, but it definitely burns you out after a few passes; a 25% reduction might just inspire me to finally level my mage and monk.

As Annoying as not being able to fly in MOP as your leveling in, and how painful the leveling process can be, i dont think they should change it at all. It should remain how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    This is a game. It should not be "work." That is the inherent problem, and the thing that is keeping me from leveling as many alts this expansion. I leveled many alts in Wrath because there was a large enough spread of zones and hubs that there was not as great a deal of repetition than in Cata and Mists. I leveled many alts in Cataclysm because the ability to fly cut out a great deal of what I personally find tedious about the leveling process. Mists, for me, is suffering from a lack of one or the other of those things.

In my opinion, they either need to make the repetition more "fun," less repetitive in some way, and, for me, flight would achieve that much better than a flat experience-needed nerf. Flight would make it easier to cherry-pick out of the way quest hubs that you may not have completed on other characters, for example.
    Considering there is also many more flight paths the need to actually physically fly anywhere is pretty moot, especially while leveling. I don't know, maybe me taking 10 seconds to get to a quest area on a ground mount or 10 seconds on a flying mount doesn't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Takes the same time to get to a quest area with flying or going on the ground is probably pretty damn close. Considering there is also many more flight paths the need to actually physically fly anywhere is pretty moot, especially while leveling. I don't know, maybe me taking 10 seconds to get to a quest area on a ground mount or 10 seconds on a flying mount doesn't bother me.
    The problem, for me, tends not to be the estimated travel time, but dealing with terrain, mobs, etc. on the way to and from hubs and objectives. I enjoy being able to skip as much superfluous play as possible. Also, since the method for learning flight paths has been reverted, you have to walk to any new hub you'd like to quest at, and pick up the connecting flight paths along the way-- an unnecessary bit of exploration and time taken.

my opinion: Tome of flying and heirloom upgradable to 90, 80->85 with justice point and 85->90 with valor point, those two thing are totally optional if you like to level your alts amish mode then go on and don't use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the no flying till max lvl policy is a good thing, since the aspect of flying has been way too convenient as a way of travelling. While I agree that alts should get it easier to level with the more you have, flying at lvl 85 is not the way to do it.

Though, I think once the next expansion gets out and we finally leave Pandaria, flying at lvl 85 should be implemented, simply because it should be consistent with previous expansions.

Honestly, my view on an alt is that if you start one then you're starting an entirely new character and should level up the same speed as any character. I hate this, "we should have shortcuts because we already did it before" viewpoint, an alt shouldn't be a character you take shortcuts with but it's another character that you decided to start and you should fully understand that you're going to have to level it just as much as you would the first one. I hate the philosophy of giving shortcuts to a second character and any made in the future just as much as I hate skipping raid tiers with alts.

An alt is another character you decided to make, you should have to work just as hard to make him somewhat as good as your main.
    I agree with this. But in hindsight (such a wonderful thing) the levelling experience in Wrath and Cata was easier to stomach due to having different starter zones. This is something you cannot fix in mop but the ability to pick up a quest early doors at 85 in vot4w would dangle me a carrot.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

A good solution would be to attach pandaria flying to 5x90 achievement and flying from level 1 to something like 9x90 in addition to bonus experience (and rep) per alt.

I'd say drop the xp down. I'd like to be able to skip Dread Waste altogether tbh.

Blizz will allow flying of alts soon enough. Probably with 5.3. They did this change part way through WotLK too, and I think it made sense. Once you are part way through an expansion, a lot of the leveling is for alts with whom you want to raid with. I don't see the benefit to forcing people to stay on the ground anymore.

It's not like flying makes that much of a difference other than traveling from quest hub to quest hub. There were not very many instances (while leveling) where you had to fight your way through mobs which were not part of a quest. /shrug.

My only complaint about MoP leveling is that Townlong(I do like hunting down the sha with the shado-pan but it shouldn't have taken the majority of the zone) and Dread Wastes were too linear, Dread Wastes feels like you are forced to finish the entire zone for the klaxxi rep just like therazane. other than that I've leveled 6 through pandaria so far and enjoyed it.

In terms of the flight in pandaria thing, I don't mind taking longer I get to use my rare land mounts that I like(who really never see the light of day, poor things). I think it is needless to say they will change it after MoP so if you don't like it..well at least your future alts won't have to be there for so long I guess.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

The no flying isn't really what is bothering me, what is bothering me is how much experience you need per level. I'm at 14 level 90's now, and planning to finally level a monk and a shaman soon, but I just can't put my mind to level anymore due the amount of experience needed. The quests are fun the first two times, but after that it just becomes boring and even annoying.

I would love it if they reduced the XP. Why not give us an option where if we already have chars at 90, we can level 85-90 faster on alts? It's fun to do quests for lore and so on for the first time, maybe even okay the second. But the third time is so annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    Dread Wastes feels like you are forced to finish the entire zone for the klaxxi rep just like therazane.
    I'm not following. Why would you feel forced to get Kalaxxi rep? There is no real reason to get it anymore.