Deleted
    Question about OreImo - in which order should I watch ep12? True Route one first or second?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Question about OreImo - in which order should I watch ep12? True Route one first or second?
    Watch ep 12 first, then start ep 12 true route at around half the time, where he buys the eroge for her.
    True route has 3 episodes after that featuring Kuroneko as the Main.

, Psycho-Pass, , Zetsuen no Tempest, Magi, Mondai-Ji-tachi, Btooom, Sword Art Online, Kamisama Hajimemashita, Binbougami ga, Oda Nobuna no Yabou, Eureka Seven AO. Some of the high-quality series from last couple seasons - and I only picked those devoid of excessive fanservice. There's plenty more if you do not classify an anime as shit if it is not completely chaste.
    I never called any of them shit...not to my taste which is personal opinion, and an observation that they are slipping back to the bland fan service, psudo hentai, genric moeblob stuff that the japanese seem to love.

Oda Nobuna no Yabou= generic harem loli anime
    Shin Sekai Yori, watched to about hald way didn't take my fancy
    Maou Maoyuu Yuusha, again watched to over half way and ended up dropping it
    Zetsuen no Tempest, not one i watched as it didn't take my fancy at all
    Magi, watched over half of it before i lost interest.
    Btooom, watched the lot...blatant fan service(bomb bouncing of her tit) manageable story but nothing great
    Sword Art Online, watched and loved it despite the meh ending and lackluster second arc.
    Kamisama Hajimemashita, not to my taste.
    Binbougami ga, watched and liked despite the tendency to fan service...at least it had some good comedy
    Eureka Seven AO, not watched it yet...don't know if i will as it seems it was an alternate story arc to the original

again all personal taste.

Also watched and liked Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!,Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb,Girls und Panzer,Minami-ke Tadaima,GJ-bu,Kotoura-san,
    And as a completionist Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Next which as a bit crap up to the end...prefered the first season much more.
    And Vividred Operation which was pretty damned generic, at least the mashed a load of the genres together.
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2013-04-02 at 10:38 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just started Mirai Nikki. Seems like a cool plot. Pink haired chick is kinda creepy.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    an observation that they are slipping back to the bland fan service, psudo hentai, genric moeblob stuff that the japanese seem to love.
    Do you really feel like anime ever left the "bland fan service, psudo hentai, genric moeblob stuff"? Personally I feel that anime hasn't really changed much during the last decade. And people have been complaining about moe since the early 90's.

I do agree with you, however, that the last couple of seasons haven't been all that great, but it's not because it's slipping back into something it never left.

Deleted
    I never called any of them shit...not to my taste which is personal opinion, and an observation that they are slipping back to the bland fan service, psudo hentai, genric moeblob stuff that the japanese seem to love.

Oda Nobuna no Yabou= generic harem loli anime
    Shin Sekai Yori, watched to about hald way didn't take my fancy
    Maou Maoyuu Yuusha, again watched to over half way and ended up dropping it
    Zetsuen no Tempest, not one i watched as it didn't take my fancy at all
    Magi, watched over half of it before i lost interest.
    Btooom, watched the lot...blatant fan service(bomb bouncing of her tit) manageable story but nothing great
    Sword Art Online, watched and loved it despite the meh ending and lackluster second arc.
    Kamisama Hajimemashita, not to my taste.
    Binbougami ga, watched and liked despite the tendency to fan service...at least it had some good comedy
    Eureka Seven AO, not watched it yet...don't know if i will as it seems it was an alternate story arc to the original

again all personal taste.

Also watched and liked Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!,Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb,Girls und Panzer,Minami-ke Tadaima,GJ-bu,Kotoura-san,
    And as a completionist Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Next which as a bit crap up to the end...prefered the first season much more.
    And Vividred Operation which was pretty damned generic, at least the mashed a load of the genres together.
    I feel you are too judgemental of new anime series - for example, Oda Nobuna no Yabou is hardly a generic harem anime; though if you watch first 2-3 episodes and drop it after that I guess you could get that impression. You have dropped some really, really awesome series this season - what exactly do you look for in anime if you apparently dislike both light fanservice/entertainment series and heavy, plot-driven ones? Of course it all comes down to personal taste, but if you dislike everything then there's something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    Just started Mirai Nikki. Seems like a cool plot. Pink haired chick is kinda creepy.
    Yuno is the best girl ever. She's to die for.

Quote Originally Posted by Erihs View Post
    Do you really feel like anime ever left the "bland fan service, psudo hentai, genric moeblob stuff"? Personally I feel that anime hasn't really changed much during the last decade. And people have been complaining about moe since the early 90's.
    Not entirely, the problem is that it seems to be all they focus on some seasons, there was a year or so of having virtually nothing but, then they tried to force a stupid censor that they panicked about and they released more great series, it's started to drop again though.

I like sci-fi/fantasy and comedy...i'll take some fanservice and some slice of life but only in small doses.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 12:33 AM ----------

I feel you are too judgemental of new anime series - for example, Oda Nobuna no Yabou is hardly a generic harem anime; though if you watch first 2-3 episodes and drop it after that I guess you could get that impression. You have dropped some really, really awesome series this season - what exactly do you look for in anime if you apparently dislike both light fanservice/entertainment series and heavy, plot-driven ones? Of course it all comes down to personal taste, but if you dislike everything then there's something wrong.
    I tend to pick up every series give them 2 or 3 episode to see if the can keep me watching doesn't matter the type usually. some i'll continue watching like most in the last 6 months until half way or more if it hadn't picked up by then it get's dumped...most of the ones that get dumped are the hareems pointless fanservice ones mostly because pointless fan service has nothing to keep you watching past some soft core and badly censored hentai, hareems can just be plain tedious if the main character sucks and most do in that genre.

I have seen and bought a few hundred DVD's worth and downloaded and archived over 200 series in the last 10 years or so so i don't dislike everything.

As for the coming season

Devil Survivor 2 The Animation
    Suisei no Gargantia
    Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince
    Hataraku Maou-sama!
    Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Bride
    Zettai Bouei Leviathan
    Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai.
    Shingeki no Kyojin
    Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S

All have my interest though it is likely one or 2 may be dropped, i will also have a look at

Aiura
    Yuyushiki
    Aura: Maryuuinkouga Saigo no Tatakai
    Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko.
    DD Hokuto no Ken (2013)
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2013-04-02 at 11:41 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    After finishing episode 3 of Mirai Nikki my opinion of Yuno changed from "kinda creepy" to "incredibly fucking creepy".

Also started Bakemonogatari (can't seem to really focus on a single series lately, i watch multiple at the same time), it is also pretty good.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2013-04-03 at 02:33 AM.

Deleted
    Finished OreImo + True Route and Haiyore! Nyaruko-san

I don't really understand how people can like Kirino, she's such a cruel person to her brother. :/
    I really liked the comedy parts in it though, although I didn't really like Kirino's mistreatment of Kyousuke.
    I thought Kuroneko was the best girl, followed closely by Manami, after that probably Ayase.
    The rest... I don't really care that much lol.

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san was pretty funny, but am I the only one around here who thinks Mahiro is kinda douchey?
    I mean sure, it's odd that all that stuff is happening to him, but I don't see enough reason to act like a complete jackass to Nyaruko at times. All in all a nice light-hearted anime to watch, with pretty much every gag in the book used, even though the main character was kind of a dissapointment.

After finishing episode 3 of Mirai Nikki my opinion of Yuno changed from "kinda creepy" to "incredibly fucking creepy".

Also started Bakemonogatari (can't seem to really focus on a single series lately, i watch multiple at the same time), it is also pretty good.
    Lol, if you're saying that only 3 episodes in just wait.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Lol, if you're saying that only 3 episodes in just wait.
    Damn... every time Yuno starts to seem not that bad, she then goes psycho mode. Another thing I've noticed is that Yukkii (w/e his real name is) is probably one of the most annoying MCs ever. He is such a damn cry baby, and over-reacts with everything.

Damn... every time Yuno starts to seem not that bad, she then goes psycho mode. Another thing I've noticed is that Yukkii (w/e his real name is) is probably one of the most annoying MCs ever. He is such a damn cry baby, and over-reacts with everything.
    He didn't really bother me that much surprisingly. A lot of his reactions are reactions I'd expect of someone put in his situation. Especially from a kid no less. And even with that in mind I was never really irritated by him. Maybe because I was enjoying the rest of the show so much I just overlooked it. Mirai Nikki is such a good anime. It'd be interesting to see a spin off that was strictly a romance and Yuno wasn't crazy lol. I'd watch it.

Have about $100 to spend and I can't decide between manga and an external. 11 manga volumes and a LN or a 1-2 tb external.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I have a small screen(1024x768 resolution on a 17" CRT.) so for me there is virtually no difference between 720p and 1080p. And the BDs are going to take ages to release.
    Eeee you should get a new monitor? If you can. Cause 720 and 1080 far exceeds your resolution, so you won't have any problem, it probably wouldn't look that great though due to the monitor (if you care that much).

Just finished Ano Natsu de Matteru. Really enjoyed it. Didn't deliver on the feels like Ano Hana did, but it was quite good nonetheless. Only issue I had with it was the ending. I'd of liked it more if they had revealed Ichika and Kai were reunited in some other way. I didn't really like the fact they showed they got back together with that movie clip at the end. I wanted your typical cliche, sappy, moment lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Eeee you should get a new monitor? If you can. Cause 720 and 1080 far exceeds your resolution, so you won't have any problem, it probably wouldn't look that great though due to the monitor (if you care that much).
    I know I should, my wallet has a different opinion though.
    I tend to pick up every series give them 2 or 3 episode to see if the can keep me watching doesn't matter the type usually. some i'll continue watching like most in the last 6 months until half way or more if it hadn't picked up by then it get's dumped...most of the ones that get dumped are the hareems pointless fanservice ones mostly because pointless fan service has nothing to keep you watching past some soft core and badly censored hentai, hareems can just be plain tedious if the main character sucks and most do in that genre.

I have seen and bought a few hundred DVD's worth and downloaded and archived over 200 series in the last 10 years or so so i don't dislike everything.
    I said you apparently dislike everything (an exaggeration, I know :P) because you dropped some great series in last seasons, and those were ones having nothing to do with fanservice. For example Shin Sekai Yori, Zetsuen no Tempest and Maou Maoyuu Yuusha are all about great plot while Magi is a very solid adventure/action series.

As others said, last 6 months barely had any anime with fanservice as their focal point - you are exaggerating a lot by saying all anime are slipping into bland pseudo-hentai fanservice series.
    Yuno only gets more and more awesome as Mirai Nikki goes on. And Yukiteru is not bad at all - sure, he's a crybaby at times, but everything he does in earlier parts of the series (Until the moment his psyche completely breaks, that is) is reasonable, and he stays realistic within the setting later on as well.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2013-04-03 at 05:47 AM.

Yukiteru is not bad at all
    No .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    No .
    I think it comes down to a likeable character vs. a well designed one again, like with Evangelion's Shinji. :P
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2013-04-03 at 07:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing I've noticed is that Yukkii (w/e his real name is) is probably one of the most annoying MCs ever. He is such a damn cry baby, and over-reacts with everything.
    That description fits perfectly to Yuno as well. I hated that character, and while I knew she would stick around forever I kept hoping she'd die every episode. However, I didn't really like any character but the goofy as fuck Yomotsu. The terrorist girl kept changing sides without any real reason, other people were just insane/stupid for no reason, and Yuno saying "yukkiiiiii" made me want to throw my PC out the window. One of the few shows where my principle "finish every show you begin to be able to fully judge it" was truly tested.

I like crazy people, but damn it Yuno was just incredibly annoying. ;_; I know lots of people here like her character.. but yeah, had to be said.

Not sure if anything really needed spoiler tags, but I used them just in case.

I've seen some posters mention Date a Live, but I've only seen those posters mention the video quality (Think someone said it gave off a TWOGK-feeling too tho). For anyone who has seen the first episode fully: What do you think about it? I've only read the synopsis so far, but comparing its synopsis to those of the other shows this season, it looks like one of the more entertaining ones.
    Last edited by BHD; 2013-04-03 at 12:53 PM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

I wasn't a big fan of Mirai Nikki either. While I was watching it I just kept thinking about how similar Eden of the East was, and how much more interesting I thought Eden of the East was. Yukki is horrible, and there's also a lot of really obnoxious fanservice and characters. Yuno's definitely entertaining, at least, but not enough to save the show for me.

And I don't get how people drop Shin Sekai Yori. I thought it was so interesting from beginning to end, and the ending was so damn good.

On another topic, Fate/Hollow had a new translator start up and it's gone up nearly 2% in just a few days! 91.9% now! So damn psyched!

Deleted
    I feel sad to apparently be alone in my love for Yuno.

Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post
    On another topic, Fate/Hollow had a new translator start up and it's gone up nearly 2% in just a few days! 91.9% now! So damn psyched!
    ! Awesome. I thought it might be finished and ready in about a year last time I checked, but now? 3-4 months seems more likely, maybe even faster. I've waiting for it since forever. :3