Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pruka View Post
    Gemming is where I think I am the most confused. At the release of Throne I changed from my DK tank to my monk, it was better for the guilds loot distribution. I went the hit/exp/haste route, just because it seemed that's what a lot of monks were doing. Now, my haste is getting pretty high and I am thinking I need to shed some. If possible, could one of you experienced monks take a loot at my gemming/reforges and let me know if I am doing something wrong?

Seems I cannot post a link because I haven't posted a few times. Characters name is Jumpkick, US Malfurion server.
    Haste/exp/hit is kind of personal how comfortable you are with. 7.3k would be a bit much to my preference, if you feel the same then just swap some haste gems (or hybrids) to crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghorm View Post
    Please don't start with the use this or that cd, don't tank this tank that. I'm well aware of all CDs and what I easily tank or what it's harder for me to tank. That is not the point, the discussion here is that BM monks are harder to heal than others in general and when in progress. Of course we still kill the bosses and I'm able to tank everything, but not so easily like in other classes . I also have a Druid , a warrior and a Pala.
    Found the complete opposite to be true....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deathwatcher23 View Post
    Found the complete opposite to be true....
    me2 ... especially with the 2pc buff brm is really strong at the moment in my opinion ... for example tanked horridon on our first kill nearly the whole enrage phase. DK tank just spotted once and died like instant when his cd wore off ... I was just standing ... elusive brew --> fortifying brew (>90% stagger op ??!!) --> again full stack of elusive brew --> pain sup or other external cd --> dampen harm + elusive brew and so on ... so strong.

I think kaidam once posted a screen with horridon hitting him for ~100k (5 kk absorb!)

With a BrM, the basic way to do the enrage phsae is just let the BrM take the boss hits and call out for the OT to taunt the triple punctures, and then taunt back so you have 1 tank taking triple puncutres and one tank taking melee. It alleviates almost all the "one shot" pressure from the raid, and lets the OT have a LOT of vengeance to work with with self heals/mitigation for next TPs.

So are people moving over to mastery builds at higher ilvl's now? Or are we still sticking with Haste till comfortable and dump the rest into crit?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian23 View Post
    So are people moving over to mastery builds at higher ilvl's now? Or are we still sticking with Haste till comfortable and dump the rest into crit?
    If 10, no. If 25, potentially. Depends on the fight I think. Mastery does help smooth out damage, but Crit is king.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Deleted
    Mastery stops you getting gibbed but doesn't really reduce your overall damage unless you have the haste (read: chi) to purify it. Useful for 25s to survive hits I suppose.

i can't help myself. i see the same people answering the same questions with the same answers over and over again.
    13/13

Monk

The search function is a novel concept it seems..

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    How do I use Ask Mr Robot and have the ability to cap my Haste at a certain value? I want to try different values of Haste and want to try a couple of different reforges, but I do not know how say 6000 haste correlates to 0.85 stat weight. (just made that number up. i have no idea what 6000 haste correlates to)
    I just feel like Ask Mr Robot is giving me too much haste. (same thing with reforgelite)
    I did look around and on the top of page 144 of this very thread SurealNight spoke briefly about it, but it was for expertise.
    Any help is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Baristan View Post
    How do I use Ask Mr Robot and have the ability to cap my Haste at a certain value? I want to try different values of Haste and want to try a couple of different reforges, but I do not know how say 6000 haste correlates to 0.85 stat weight. (just made that number up. i have no idea what 6000 haste correlates to)
    I just feel like Ask Mr Robot is giving
    me too much haste. (same thing with reforgelite)
    I did look around and on the top of page 144 of this very thread SurealNight spoke briefly about it, but it was for expertise.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Load character > chose PVE: Default Build if its not selected > Edit Weights > haste soft cap = 0.14 (thats 14% or roughly 6k haste > Haste soft cap weight .001 (basically worthless past cap).

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    If 10, no. If 25, potentially. Depends on the fight I think. Mastery does help smooth out damage, but Crit is king.
    When you say crit is king, is that only the case once you have t15 2pc?

Renataki's soul charm (522) or bottle of infinite stars(489) or terror in the mist(496) to pair with the 522 shado pan trinket. I run a high crit build, i stay around 4.5k -5k haste.

Quote Originally Posted by thedr8993 View Post
    When you say crit is king, is that only the case once you have t15 2pc?
    Crit build was relevant prior to 2pc. Again it is reliant on YOUR healers and yourself when it comes to stat choices.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Our healers aren't the most solid players, so I've chosen to go Haste/Mastery. Works well.

Deleted
    Just got talisman of bloodlust (522 version) and must say I'm more happy than I had expected from it. Seems to proc really often from my 30 minutes of training dummy hammering and at 5 stacks I got 16.4 energy regen which is just insane. Obviously 5 stacks was rather rare, but 1-2 is really really common. Gonna need to wait till wednesday to test in raid environment and check logs though. Was gonna pass it to our rogue but he wasn't there so got it by default. Now if I can get renataki to replace my valor one I will be left with less hit so I can actually reforge out of some haste. ^^

Edit: seems to not proc from zen sphere ticking damage, only from the explosion. Chi wave harmful bounces can proc it everytime though, making it quite a good ability for this trinket (4 attacks with 1 global).
    Last edited by mmocfb5d9aca2a; 2013-04-02 at 02:05 AM.

I'm pretty haste heavy (7648 rating) right now, but I'll be going with a crit focus soon. Definitely by the time I get my t15 2 piece.

We're just barely starting heroics tomorrow, so I don't think I'll need to worry about mastery for progression. 4k haste or so and then full crit is my plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Just got talisman of bloodlust (522 version) and must say I'm more happy than I had expected from it. Seems to proc really often from my 30 minutes of training dummy hammering and at 5 stacks I got 16.4 energy regen which is just insane. Obviously 5 stacks was rather rare, but 1-2 is really really common. Gonna need to wait till wednesday to test in raid environment and check logs though. Was gonna pass it to our rogue but he wasn't there so got it by default. Now if I can get renataki to replace my valor one I will be left with less hit so I can actually reforge out of some haste. ^^

Edit: seems to not proc from zen sphere ticking damage, only from the explosion. Chi wave harmful bounces can proc it everytime though, making it quite a good ability for this trinket (4 attacks with 1 global).
    Great info, I hadn't bothered to research it yet, my gut just told me that this + jinrok's trinket were my BiS.

This trinket will probably let me slim down on haste just a bit and help me buffer up large amounts of shuffle so that later in fights I can focus on purging frequently.

Deleted
    I've personally started reforging some into Mastery, My current stats are 6k Haste, 36% Crit and 5k Mastery, Self buffed. My healers thanked me as I was apprently quite spikey but I now also have my 2set which makes life easier.

I do have a question though, assuming the 2 piece is up along with shuffle. What would our potential mastery cap be? (Without considering Fort brew)

Quote Originally Posted by invizion View Post
    I've personally started reforging some into Mastery, My current stats are 6k Haste, 36% Crit and 5k Mastery, Self buffed. My healers thanked me as I was apprently quite spikey but I now also have my 2set which makes life easier.

I do have a question though, assuming the 2 piece is up along with shuffle. What would our potential mastery cap be? (Without considering Fort brew)
    My BIS profile for this tier has slightly above 17k mastery, so roughly 66% base mastery. With Rune of Reorigination, procs grant around 18k mastery so roughly 83% stagger when it procs, for a 95% damage reduction with rune & 2p.