Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Monks Need a Nerf

Ring of Peace does not have a DR system. There should be a Disarm DR system and it should be put on the Silence DR system. its too strong. 8 seconds of you cant do anything and be crapped on at the same time is stupid in many books. Ghost crawler needs to see the light before it comes from an angry mob of PVPers hes pissed off with his countless efforts of failure. hes done a lot of good, but come on. 8 seconds without DR is too strong.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    read the patch notes. its getting reduced to 3 seconds

15+ Year Old Account
    RoP is basically Solar Beam for Melee, anyways it is getting nerfed for you anyways.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Yea and the cd is like 1minute or less? How OP can a skill get

Deleted
    RoP is fine, learn to run out of it, cc the monk during it, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    read the patch notes. its getting reduced to 3 seconds
    This is false information, read the datamined notes again:
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Ring of Peace now has a base 3 second blanket silence with a 3 sec additional silence if the player casts inside the ring.

This is actually a pretty big buff.

Upon casting RoP, it disarms and silences everyone for 3 seconds (even if you run out of it, you have the 3 second blanket/disarm). It still disarms and silences everyone inside of it for the full duration of 8 seconds.

I don't really care about Ring of Peace, without it Monks would be one of the worst melee and Healing monks are only really good in RBGs - They get Nimble Brew next patch which will help them a lot in Arena though. The only problem I have with Ring of Peace is it silencing powershifting on Druids - All of my other classes have ways and mechanics to avoid it.

I hate it when people just complain about anything new. Yes RoP is a tad bit OP, but without it WW monks would be 100% useless. It helps us cut down melees burst. Its not a big problem for ranged if they know what they are doing.

nerf is the last thing monks need atm

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    RoP is basically Solar Beam for Melee, anyways it is getting nerfed for you anyways.
    Except that casters can move out of it and still hit you. Melee can move out of it, but they won't be able to hit you and if they have a ranged attacked that's about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Ring of Peace now has a base 3 second blanket silence with a 3 sec additional silence if the player casts inside the ring.

This is actually a pretty big buff.

Upon casting RoP, it disarms and silences everyone for 3 seconds (even if you run out of it, you have the 3 second blanket/disarm). It still disarms and silences everyone inside of it for the full duration of 8 seconds.

I don't really care about Ring of Peace, without it Monks would be one of the worst melee and Healing monks are only really good in RBGs - They get Nimble Brew next patch which will help them a lot in Arena though. The only problem I have with Ring of Peace is it silencing powershifting on Druids - All of my other classes have ways and mechanics to avoid it.
    Read more into it

old
    Forms a sanctuary around the friendly target, causing all nearby enemies within 8 yards to be disarmed and nearby enemy players unable to auto-attack. In addition, enemies who cast a harmful spell within the ring become silenced for 3 sec. Ring of Peace lasts for 8 sec.

New
    Forms a sanctuary around the friendly target, instantly silencing and disarming all enemies for 3 sec. In addition, enemies who attack or cast spells on allies within the ring of peace will be disarmed and silenced for an additional 3 sec. Ring of Peace lasts for 8 sec.

You can attack after those 3 seconds so it is a buff for melee. And I know on my boomkin I can wild charge out of it so you just need to get creative.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Monk pops RoP?

JK shuriken toss outside the ring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Read more into it

old
    Forms a sanctuary around the friendly target, causing all nearby enemies within 8 yards to be disarmed and nearby enemy players unable to auto-attack. In addition, enemies who cast a harmful spell within the ring become silenced for 3 sec. Ring of Peace lasts for 8 sec.

New
    Forms a sanctuary around the friendly target, instantly silencing and disarming all enemies for 3 sec. In addition, enemies who attack or cast spells on allies within the ring of peace will be disarmed and silenced for an additional 3 sec. Ring of Peace lasts for 8 sec.

You can attack after those 3 seconds so it is a buff for melee. And I know on my boomkin I can wild charge out of it so you just need to get creative.
    I bet you will get disarmed after the first autoattack, so no big deal, really.

For those intelligent individuals that say to just move out of it...Its a bit hard when:

a) Your silenced
    b) The monk is on you

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska View Post
    I bet you will get disarmed after the first autoattack, so no big deal, really.
    You are now effected by it as much as a caster is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    For those intelligent individuals that say to just move out of it...Its a bit hard when:

a) Your silenced
    b) The monk is on you
    Pvp Is not balanced 1v1, try not stacking melee on top of each other and if 2 melee are in it just go opposite ways and one of you will be out of it. Hell get a caster to cc the monk and RoP should not be activated. It is not hard.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    is data mined info reliable, is the question.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    hmm. that is not what i remembered reading. my bad

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Except that casters can move out of it and still hit you. Melee can move out of it, but they won't be able to hit you and if they have a ranged attacked that's about it.
    Isn't this the same for Dks are paladins if your target is standing in the solar beam? Since you are silenced....But yeah you would have to switch to another target.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    is data mined info reliable, is the question.

http://i.imgur.com/L3KqhUE.jpg
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-04-03 at 04:30 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post

a) Your silenced
    b) The monk is on you

Thank you, I was worried everybody in this thread was somehow mentally impaired...

User received infraction for flaming.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-04-03 at 07:42 PM.

i still dislike fighting rogues and warriors more than i dislike fighting monks.

i can't kite out of garrote or gag order like i can ring of peace.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Whelp... could have predicted several threads like this coming the second they announced the monk changes pre-patch.