Thread: LFR Durumu

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Well for starters his stuck in the roof for every lfr group
    Yep.. Dropped out of two so far because it's pretty much impossible to do when he's up in the ceiling and cant tell where the laser is.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Thanks to the Americans for paying for repairs and doing the testing so us Euros can do easymode

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Will someone tell me the strat for LFR and how it is different than the normal mode one?

Want to know so I can help folks out in LFR later when I get to run.
    As far as I can tell by reading what other people say, the only real difference is that during the colorblind phase there is one yellow, one red and one blue add. You need to shine the appropriate light on each add and kill all of them to end colorblind. The rest is the same except the usual lower damage and HP. Should be clear after 2-3 pulls how this is working exactly though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Thanks to the Americans for paying for repairs and doing the testing so us Euros can do easymode
    Its easy on normal...how is "not standing in the hurty purple" hard ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Drayaar View Post
    Its easy on normal...how is "not standing in the hurty purple" hard ;P
    It's easy for people like you and me who are decent at videogames. It is not easy for the 24 random kids/casuals/non-gamers that have never seen it before in LFR. Most of whom probably click all their skills and turn with their keyboards.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I serious just got asked to 'describe what blue is' by someone. Not "What do I do with the blue beam"... they didn't understand the difference between "red" and "blue"
    Some people are colorblind, kid.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Personally I look forward to wiping on new content while learning it.

If you don't like wiping you don't like raiding!

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 04:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Not sure what blizzards idea is as well. Most people in lfr can't even handle a fight where you have to switch targets let alone a maze. IMO the whole maze phase should just be removed from lfr.
    A lot of people in LFR don't know how to do mechanics because they never have to. I don't see a problem with encouraging them to learn.

I feel like if Blizzard puts serious mechanics in LFR, people rage and QQ. If they make everything super ultra faceroll, people rage and QQ. They can't win!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    then it's their fucking fault to not make this clear. also, I'm not sure because I havent done it yet, but I could bet that DBM marks people who get targeted by the beam in LFR with "X" (red) and square (blue). IF they would have said then "dude I'm colorblind", you could say "go to the guy with the X, that is red, then go to the guy with the square, which is blue, and kill the adds the beam spawns"

but honestly, I highly doubt that they are colorblind. seeing what happens in the first part of LFR, especially on jinrokh, I instantly believe that they just didn't understand it. I would go even so far and say some people go into LFR for the sole reason to fuck it up intentionally. just because they can. good ol' wow classic noob mentality... "the fuck is feint or vanish? does it do damage? no? ok then I haven't learned it". you know.... those kind of people.
    Last edited by xebtria; 2013-04-03 at 04:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I haven't touched the 3rd part of LFR :P Gonna wait around until half a month has passed and then try it, that way more people will have an idea as to how Durumu is attempted.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    This is why I haven't touched the 3rd part of LFR :P Gonna wait around until half a month has passed and then try it, that way more people will have an idea as to how Durumu is attempted.
    seeing some people still mess up garalon (every ten seconds someone stands below him), some people still don't know what to do at amber shaper (starting phase 3 there is no amber on the ground because EVERYONE just eats it up in the previous phases) I honestly doubt that.

A simple solution would be: nothing does really damage, maybe 5k ticks or something, all three beams move around by their own and find the add like 5 seconds after they spawn. and then no yellow add, three red adds, the blue not meaning a wipe, just to make people clear that three red adds need to be killed to go to next phase. that would be a logic downsize of the tactic. LFR, beam moves alone, normal, people need to move the beam. but the amount of adds that need to be killed needs to stay the same - yet the blue doesn't matter in LFR while it does on normal. but well, seems this won't change quickly... sigh.

and that disintegration beam I believe, it needs to do damage, but if you just stand around (because you are AFK in LFR), and it moves through you, it must not kill you. this is how much damage it should do.

knowing the tactic in theory and seeing all the reports here from LFR, if nothing's changed, durumu will wipe LFR raids for the next 6 months, believe me.
    Last edited by xebtria; 2013-04-03 at 04:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    If only there was a colorblind mode.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Hmmmm and I thought Ji'kun was bad as i'm the only person who seems to have a clue what to do in the groups im in. Not looking forward to Durumu :|

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 06:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    This is stupid. Who makes a LFR encounter more difficult than the normal mode equivalent?
    The fact that the people in the LFR probably haven't seen the fight and you already had a few pulls before you killed it on normal ?

4 stacks. About half of the boss' health or so was burned down by the eight people who could handle maze while we ignored adds. Fantastic encounter on LFR. -_-;

Kinetic is recruiting DPS for mythic raids! (10/10H, US-Alexstrasza Alliance.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    This is stupid. Who makes a LFR encounter more difficult than the normal mode equivalent?
    Can't imagine it being more difficult then normal, its the people doing it not knowing the tactics + a lot of bad apples in LFR:

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Will someone tell me the strat for LFR and how it is different than the normal mode one?

Want to know so I can help folks out in LFR later when I get to run.
    Just take a look at the dungeon journal.

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    knowing the tactic in theory and seeing all the reports here from LFR, if nothing's changed, durumu will wipe LFR raids for the next 6 months, believe me.
    Determination buff is a huge buffer against people dropping immediately after a wipe. A couple people still do every single wipe, but just a couple.

And to the person who said they're gonna wait to do this wing ... usually the better raiders who are carrying the others and/or explaining the fights, are only in there the first couple/few weeks. At that point they either have what they need from lfr or from normal. After that at best they're on alts -- which is still useful, but lfr quality certainly goes down the longer a section is out, as even lfr-only raiders start getting their alts and 2nd/3rd/4th alts in there. Knowledge of the fights may increase but once you're down that low on the alt totem pole ... :P
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by dkdk View Post
    Are you on crack? Haven't done LFR yet, but there is definitely a yellow beam on normal, it slowly rotates around the room on its own.
    I assume he meant there is no yellow add for the yellow beam to reveal on normal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    "Work for epics? Can't do it."

At what point do you just log on and get items mailed to you?
    It has nothing to do about the epics, but about the people in LFR. Its simple, blizzard cant make any tactics in LFR, that can kill the raid. It will be impossible to get it done then. Everything has to be able get done with people who are brain afk, and absolutely clueless about what they are doing, and what buttons to press. Thats the whole point about LFR. Its not the bosses abilities, but how they looks like, and what color the rooms are in each wing.

Atleast anima is a joke. =p We literally all stood in the middle and aoe'd
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

it's going to be so sad when blizzard nerfs this lfr boss. i mean, it's a great encounter to teach players to not rely on lfr to be completely faceroll, though all people can do is bitch and complain "we've wiped so much" waaaaahhhh!

also, it's just completely dependent on your group, some pick the mechanic really quickly, some do not. for instance, my first clear of this wing was, 2 wipes on durumu, 1 shot primordius, and 1 wipe on animus.

i can only hope that i am wrong about blizzard nerfing lfr, since we have the determination buff and all. cause i personally like the fact that this wing is challenging (for lfr anyways lol). but i guess it is the first week too. people will eventually know the fight, for the most of them anyways.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 05:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    It's easy for people like you and me who are decent at videogames. It is not easy for the 24 random kids/casuals/non-gamers that have never seen it before in LFR. Most of whom probably click all their skills and turn with their keyboards.
    woah woah woah. i'm completely a casual player now (uni and job) and i am far from the "click their skills" "turn with keyboard" player. i really wish people would stop stereotyping all casual players as bad. casual players are just that *casual* while bad players are just that *bad*.