Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatking View Post
    I would take all that with a big pinch of salt. The writer says they won't reveal their source because they promised them with anonymity, and then goes on to say that they don't know if the source is a he or a she, meaning they don't even know who their source is. Hmm.
    The author didn't want to specify if it's a he or she in order to protect his source, not because he doesn't know who it is, lol.

Deleted
    I would take all that with a big pinch of salt. The writer says they won't reveal their source because they promised them with anonymity, and then goes on to say that they don't know if the source is a he or a she, meaning they don't even know who their source is. Hmm.
    It's not that the writer doesn't know their gender (although whomever leaked said information might be rather secretive on their part for protection), it's most likely that they mention he/she to partly protect the identity of the leaker.

My brain exploded... What I'm worried about is wont this compete very heavily with... Wow?

Could this result in wow closing or both operating?
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Oh fuck - "They've invited some established writers (Richard A. Knaak for example) to help with the storyline."

.... That can't be good. Mark my words, Titan will have some sort of ginger demi-god with dragons and raptors a plenty!
    Oh god i hope that isn't true. He is one of if not the worst writer i have ever read and i have read alot of books.

Anyway i call bullshit on all this.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-04-03 at 09:50 AM.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veysa View Post
    The author didn't want to specify if it's a he or she in order to protect his source, not because he doesn't know who it is, lol.
    Actually if you read the comments to the article the author of the article does say that he has no idea if the source is a he or she.

But fun read nonetheless even if it aint true.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinni View Post
    It's not that the writer doesn't know their gender (although whomever leaked said information might be rather secretive on their part for protection), it's most likely that they mention he/she to partly protect the identity of the leaker.
    Except that the writer said this in the comments:

I actually don't know if the source is a he or she

Except that the writer said this in the comments:
    Ever heard of a lie to cease the pointless questions? You're considering one possibility, and that's intrinsically flawed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acevigilante View Post
    This worries me greatly. I know it says "next-gen" and it's all speculation at the moment, but many of the shortfalls of D3 are due to it being essentially ported to consoles.
    Even though it was released for PC first almost a year ago and still hasn't been released on consoles. Makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Ever heard of a lie to cease the pointless questions? You're considering one possibility, and that's intrinsically flawed.
    I'm going to go with my instinct and assume the writer is just trolling for traffic to his website.
    Last edited by mmoc877887c5bf; 2013-04-03 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinni View Post
    The author actually says

"I actually don't know if the source is a he or she (although I can guess ofc) and it's not important. The temptation is to refer to an unknown person as a "he", so that's why the discrepancy between the two phrases. Don't read too much into it."

I'll take it all with a pinch of salt too, it's interesting for sure, but not gonna start dancing around freaking out about it all Blizzcons not far off so we shall see

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Am I the only one who's is extremely tired of Vikings in modern media? Honestly, they weren't that awesome. Bunch of fishermen and traders who had shite to offer and resorted to raiding instead. Yawn.
    "Myth" is not "fact" yes, they were fishermen and raiders but then you have the myth side of things... Viking berserkers with horned helmets and all that badassery

Interesting.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Oh god i hope that isn't true. He is one of if not the worst writer i have ever read and i have read alot of books.

Anyway i call bullshit on all this.
    Never got the Knaak specific hate. Very seldom do tie-in novels reach a level of even being decent. Even Christie Golden's novels gave me a throbbing headache from their dullness and are best skim read in my opinion and not having a ginger time traveling mage as a main character shouldn't be a measure of a good novel.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Very exciting. Q1 2014 alpha is interesting. The RMAH being a possibility is a bit scary, but I'm sure blizzard learned their lesson and what they can get away with, with D3.
    Indeed, if the game has a D3-like AH, I won't even touch it.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Never got the Knaak specific hate. Very seldom do tie-in novels reach a level of even being decent. Even Christie Golden's novels gave me a throbbing headache from their dullness and are best skim read in my opinion and not having a ginger time traveling mage as a main character shouldn't be a measure of a good novel.
    As if the dull prose and stilted dialogue wasn't enough reason.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    I more mean the writing style, sentence and story construction. I would group the sentence and story construction of his books in the same group as twilight. Very poorly written without much thought gone into them. The ideas behind the stories is fine its how he portrays that story that he isn't very good at. The constant jumping ahead realy pisses me off.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-04-03 at 10:06 AM.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    About the only thing of note is Jay Wilson is on the team. I greatly dislike him for obvious reasons.
    Did he run over your dog? punch your grandmother? what are these obvious reasons?

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 06:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Indeed, if the game has a D3-like AH, I won't even touch it.
    But I'd bet you'd be in the forums ranting and raving about how terrible it is, and how it proves Blizzard is the most evil corporation in the world. That'd almost be enough for me to go out and pick up the game just to see what all the fuss was about!
    But look at how soon we're all forgotten. The abyss of endless time that swallows it all. The emptiness of those applauding hands.

Quote Originally Posted by greech View Post
    Did he run over your dog? punch your grandmother? what are these obvious reasons?
    Oh come on now. Even if you blindly love the disaster that is D3 you can't have ignored his piss poor attitude towards pretty much his entire playerbase or even other devs outside Blizzard.

I will never buy a game with a real money auction house where you can buy gold from Blizzard. That devalues nearly everything in the game, and tbh, I would probably end up quitting wow if that abomination made it through.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    I more mean the writing style, sentence and story construction. I would group the sentence and story construction of his books in the same group has twilight.
    Not to derail the thread, but the standard of tie-in fiction as a whole is set at a very low bar and to complain of these things is a bit like complaining that your Big Mac isn't a steak.I mean the best thing most people say about Golden isn't her prose or her handling of characters but the fact that she is Not Knaak. Specifically , in relation to the topic, games generally do not entice fantasy authors above a certain level and when they do it's news in of itself. 38 Studios made a big deal about having R.A. Salvatore involved in their MMO and he is a million miles from George RR Martin at best. Knaak is going to be one of a team of writers on the team and unless the game has a ginger time traveling mage I bet noone is really going to notice his influence.

Deleted
    Not even sure why this blew up, most of those points can just be summed up by an MMOrpg Blizzard would make.

"TAB targeting in combat."
    "It will benefit from a completely new game engine. "
    "Primarily a PC game, but next-gen consoles are still being considered. Probably after launch, as with D3."
    "Expected 12+ PEGI."
    "It's designed with eSports in mind. They will try to grow it into a successful eSport."
    "Last but not least, the game will have an Auction House."

Aren't these all just points of every advancement in the MMOrpg market? They just seem like obvious points to pad out a post in my opinion, we really didn't learn anything from the leaks, other then stuff we could assume.