Blizzard testers should be 1st on all those lists.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Quote Originally Posted by Changeform View Post
    Lappé, did you fraps any fight other than Lei Shen ? (assuming you frapsed it)

I really like watching your videos, but I figure you would have realesed them already if you had fraps :<
    no fraps from me this tier, not even lei-shen. we'll see if i remember to fraps ra-den

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    no fraps from me this tier, not even lei-shen. we'll see if i remember to fraps ra-den
    Oooooh man

Did any of you guys fraps anything at all?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Changeform View Post
    Oooooh man

Did any of you guys fraps anything at all?
    Devai prob frapsed most fights.

World 2nd and asia first 10man kill by Style(CN Server)

I think the real question for Lappee and Paragon is which Two Steps from Hell or Immediate Music songs they will use for the Lei Shen and Ra-Den kill videos. Thats what im most excited to see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by linyucobet View Post
    World 2nd and asia first 10man kill by Style(CN Server)
    Are the chinese servers comparable to west, i.e. same itemization, same boss with same damage output etc?

Are the chinese servers comparable to west, i.e. same itemization, same boss with same damage output etc?
    Considering 25 gives higher ilevel and has increased health,but 10 man does not, and you can do both 10 and 25 - It's something totally different if that guild also has 25m gear

Quote Originally Posted by Justwait View Post
    Considering 25 gives higher ilevel and has increased health,but 10 man does not, and you can do both 10 and 25 - It's something totally different if that guild also has 25m gear
    yes, they has 25m heroic gears, but gratz to them too

Deleted
    Ra'den is just a bonus boss. Lei Shen was the bad guy in this tier, and it fell down already.
    Ra'den will propably fall when raids are in full bis gear, perhaps even after valor upgrade returns in 5.3 to give them even more DPS.
    It will be like heroic elite protectors of the endless. It went down way after sha of fear but did somebody cared? I remember top 3 for sha of fear hc, i don't even know who killed protectors HC elite world first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    I remember top 3 for sha of fear hc, i don't even know who killed protectors HC elite world first.
    An asian guilds with countless spriests, mages and locks involved in the kill.
    I know Ra-Den is a bonus boss with limited attempts/week, so it's out of the race in some way... but still:a heroic-only boss, with no description on the journal, that most of us will probably be able to see only at the end of MoP. I am excited, and I do care... it's something like Der Richter in FFX, if you know what I mean

Quote Originally Posted by noskillz View Post
    An asian guilds with countless spriests, mages and locks involved in the kill.
    Which wasn't even pre-nerf, right? That encounter was grossly overtuned. Remeber they had significantly higher gear levels too (IIRC Paragon and other guilds didn't even bother with it before the nerf).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Which wasn't even pre-nerf, right? That encounter was grossly overtuned. Remeber they had significantly higher gear levels too (IIRC Paragon and other guilds didn't even bother with it before the nerf).
    It was one or two days before the nerf. So they were the only ones in the world killing it pre-nerf.

But yes, they got 8 ilvls higher gear, shorter resets. But the bosses themselves does 8% more dmg and has 8% more health aswell if i remember correctly. Cant tell you if it was harder or easier then the west version.

Deleted
    Ra'den is just a bonus boss. Lei Shen was the bad guy in this tier, and it fell down already.
    Ra'den will propably fall when raids are in full bis gear, perhaps even after valor upgrade returns in 5.3 to give them even more DPS.
    It will be like heroic elite protectors of the endless. It went down way after sha of fear but did somebody cared? I remember top 3 for sha of fear hc, i don't even know who killed protectors HC elite world first.
    Elite Protectors did not give any kind of an achievement or Realm First! Achi for that matter.

Ra-Den does give Realm First! achi and Lei-Shen didn't (if I'm not wrong here).

See?

Quote Originally Posted by noskillz View Post
    it's something like Der Richter in FFX, if you know what I mean
    Two differences.
    1) Lei Shen is hard while Sin is one of the easiest end boss ever. You can basically kill him in one Combo of Wakka.
    2) Completing FFX requires an absurd quantity of grinding. There are hard encounters in FFX, but Der Richter is not one of them. The fight against Der Richter is just the result of hours of grinding to max out each characteristic of your three main characters. The best way to grind is probably by killing Nemesis but to unlock it you also need to spend hours capturing 10 monters of every species in the game.

I know that Devai said he didn't like Ra-den, but it can't be that bad.

On topic, I haven't seen Method/Blood Legion tell how many wipes they spent on Lei Shen. Have I missed the information?

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 01:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kadde111 View Post
    It was one or two days before the nerf. So they were the only ones in the world killing it pre-nerf.

But yes, they got 8 ilvls higher gear, shorter resets. But the bosses themselves does 8% more dmg and has 8% more health aswell if i remember correctly. Cant tell you if it was harder or easier then the west version.
    I'm pretty sure the nerf was effective on their server when the kill happened.
    I remember the long thread about the kill on this forum and several people from asian servers said it.

Style has 10+ ilv than paragon,they said it was like 0%buff 10Man-HLK on their own,gratz to them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    Two differences.
    1) Lei Shen is hard while Sin is one of the easiest end boss ever. You can basically kill him in one Combo of Wakka.
    2) Completing FFX requires an absurd quantity of grinding. There are hard encounters in FFX, but Der Richter is not one of them. The fight against Der Richter is just the result of hours of grinding to max out each characteristic of your three main characters. The best way to grind is probably by killing Nemesis but to unlock it you also need to spend hours capturing 10 monters of every species in the game.
    Of course it's different, you can't compare FF with WoW... But it's a bonus boss, with very little to do with the story (the bad guy is still Lei shen), and unknown to the players, the feeling is almost the same to me *-*.

Also, from a point of view, Ra-Den is still the hardest boss to beat, because to get there you must kill Lei Shen first (which is the most difficult), and then put some more effort on an additional boss.

Ra-den has the only realm first achievement this teir.

Ra-den is tracked by all the ranking sites and is counted as the final boss. Whoever gets him will be #1 on the sites forever, regardless of your opinion.

Ra-den is a completely new boss, and only accessible to the very best raiders. Anyone could attempt elite protectors at any time.

My bet is Ra-den drops a signature raid mount, the Armored Bloodwing if I had to guess.

Ra-den has limited attempts, and for some people it makes a kill more impressive when time is a limiting factor. Atempts/kill is an often ignored but interesting metric.

Honestly, the comparison is a a bit silly...
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2013-04-03 at 03:27 PM.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    Ra-den is tracked by all the ranking sites and is counted as the final boss. Whoever gets him will be #1 on the sites forever, regardless of your opinion.
    No. This might be true for the lolprogress.com that all americans like, guildox however does not count Ra-den as the end boss in fact they track him separately like it should be, even top guilds say so bonus boss is just a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by spyke View Post
    No. This might be true for the lolprogress.com that all americans like, guildox however does not count Ra-den as the end boss in fact they track him separately like it should be, even top guilds say so bonus boss is just a bonus.
    Most Europeans use wowprogress. Whenever I see people mention guildox it's when they want to brag about a higher rank than they have at wowprogress. Q: Was Sinestra also "just a bonus"?