Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    That's...hilarious. I seriously wonder if they were just lazy, or did that on purpose?
    It's one situation where they used the music.

The rest of the music for the expansion is completely original.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i really wish they would have done some sort of remix of warcraft ii music or just gone straight with the warcraft ii music for the login theme.
    They used Warcraft II music for Pet Battles.

Parts of that music have been used throughout all of Wow, since vanilla.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-04-02 at 12:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bleh, I noticed that the moment I saw those trailers, as did many others. Loved Warcraft 3, and I'm glad they re-used the music.

Yeah I got that feel too.

Wrathion also seems to be the new "Medivh" in the sense that he's warning us. He showed us that vision of infernals hitting Azeroth and now in 5.3 he outright says the sky will burn again and the legion will invade.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Yeah I got that feel too.

Wrathion also seems to be the new "Medivh" in the sense that he's warning us. He showed us that vision of infernals hitting Azeroth and now in 5.3 he outright says the sky will burn again and the legion will invade.
    Wrathion is a new Medivh? Hmm that's a good point.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    My mind is most definately blown O.o

Reading far too much into this. They're just revisiting major memorable themes that define the tonality of the franchise. They're doing it all the time. That particular arrangement here was used multiple times in WoW, you just never happened to hear it conciously until now. It's normal, the average person has a rather primitive musical ear.

It's a very normal thing to do, be it in games or film. It doesn't have anything to do with "hinting" anything, and even less with Blizzard being "lazy" (which was, in all due respect, an unbelievably stupid comment by whoever said it).
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2013-04-03 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    It's one situation where they used the music.

The rest of the music for the expansion is completely original.
    Actually - it's not. The music inside Heart of Fear is from tbc (Auchindon and Hellfire are definitely 2 music samples I recognised in there). I think this is just that Blizzard have a big back catalogue of tracks now that they can just use for the right atmospheric theme without having to get in a composer for every 2 min cut scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardley View Post
    Actually - it's not. The music inside Heart of Fear is from tbc (Auchindon and Hellfire are definitely 2 music samples I recognised in there).
    There's some Naxxramas in it as well.

Deleted
    No, just an example of laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    That's...hilarious. I seriously wonder if they were just lazy, or did that on purpose?
    Both are possible. Blizzard is King at recycling, but most speculation on the next expansion being the return of the legion makes this potentially intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    No, just an example of laziness.
    Just like this, the lazy bastards just rerecorded music from the Warcraft III expansion and added a voice over