Anyone else notice the Scrolls beta annoucement after Hearthstones?

I've been so annoyed at how long it's taking Mojang to put the Scrolls card game into beta. I hope they're feeling the pressure now from Bliz. I'm excited about both of these games!

If someone rushes a game, people complain. If someone takes their time with a game, people complain.

-.-

The knowledge obtained whilst being immortal. Great addition to the thread!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    If someone rushes a game, people complain. If someone takes their time with a game, people complain.

-.-
    You died in my first playtrough
    I'm so so sorry. (but you are awesome)

On topic, i thing these two games are kinda diffrent, and one is F2P while the other is paid. So mojang would pobably take their time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, 2 totally different games, the only thing in common is the fact they use cards. I doubt Mojang did anything they wouldn't have allready done without Hearthstone. It's a completely different process too, with Mojang going for an extended, buy in beta where there's going to be lots and lots of itteration and change, before officially launching. Seeing how long that process took with Minecraft it wouldn't surprise me if Hearthstone is released before Scrolls.

I didn't know the game apart from having heard they got in trouble over the name, but after checking it out on their website it doesn't look like anything I'd like. It's exactly the kind of complicated, visually boring, online cardgame that Blizz is trying to polish up and make more accessible with Hearthstone. I don't begrudge Scrolls a succesful life as a game, but I'm not seeing it.

I don't know about Scrolls, but here's why HS is gonna rock it.

1. Traditional TCG are expensive as shit. This is free.
    2. Hard to find players, if your friends don't play it, you have to go to Hobby shops and hopefully you find one of the nicer players.
    3. Mobile. We all know mobile is blowing up.
    4. Polish. D3 may not have matched most people expectations but you can't deny it's a beautiful game. Leave it up to Blizzard to polish and create stunning visuals for all their games.

This will be a game that will introduce the concept of TCG/CCG to the masses - can't wait to how see it unfolds!
    Hearthston Playerswww.hearthstoneplayers.com Updates everyday! Featuring the latest articles, news and strategies! Twitter @hearth_players

Quote Originally Posted by justjimmy View Post
    I don't know about Scrolls, but here's why HS is gonna rock it.

1. Traditional TCG are expensive as shit. This is free.
    2. Hard to find players, if your friends don't play it, you have to go to Hobby shops and hopefully you find one of the nicer players.
    3. Mobile. We all know mobile is blowing up.
    4. Polish. D3 may not have matched most people expectations but you can't deny it's a beautiful game. Leave it up to Blizzard to polish and create stunning visuals for all their games.

This will be a game that will introduce the concept of TCG/CCG to the masses - can't wait to how see it unfolds!
    I second this ^^

Also, I just checked out some gameplay footage of Scrolls. Despite it being a completely different type of game, it doesn't have even close to the level of visual elegance that the HS footage has shown us so far.

I've never even heard of Scrolls, gotta go look it up now