Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    oh god i hope this is a prank/aprils fools.. magic and guns?! earths history?!! vikings and other mythology shit!?!
    RMAH?!?! knaak??!?!
    pleasekilmenow

how the mighty have fallen

i hope this is fake

I hope Jay Wilson is working on Titan, just so he can piss people off while I enjoy the game!

By the way, who will be the scapegoat for all mistakes in Titan? Will it be the systems designer, the game director, or maybe someone else this time? The community has to decide soon!

Deleted
    Primarily a PC game, but next-gen consoles are still being considered. Probably after launch, as with D3.

It's designed with eSports in mind. They will try to grow it into a successful eSport.

Does not compute.
    Will surely fail as an mmo and as a competitive sport.

I can't help but read this and believe it's all BS... it sounds WAY too close to World of Warcraft's design and like every other MMORPG out there. The idea they originally set out was to have them co-exist together and provide different experiences... not compete with each other.

...unless they changed that philosophy a few years ago...

The part I laughed about was this:
    • Heavy use of Greek, Roman and Viking myths.

Yeah, this sounds more like an Skyrim/Game of Thrones fan projecting their fandom into it more than anything. It's especially laughable as all those elements also exist in World of Warcraft in the form of Titan (hah!) architecture design and, well, all of Northrend! :P

So I'm going to reopen this for the sake of discussion.

As for the rumor itself, I don't really comment on those usually but this is probably a lot of common sense/vague guess stuff thrown around to generate traffic.

You can't start your leaks with "I have photos and detailed descriptions" and tell me that Titan is going to be a game localized in multiple languages, where each region has its own song, and might be announced at Blizzcon. Oh and it's a MMO with an Auction House.

Yes, I'm pretty grumpy. If you're going to brag about having tons of info in public, maybe you should release it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    The fact that he already admitted he lied about time travel devalues the whole thing.
    Not sure where you guys have been getting this.

I most definitely did not admit to being fake because I have no reason to believe it is.

The confusion probably arose from this thread on my forums. It was made by a random person that had spread a Time Travel rumor about a year ago and now made that thread to say he faked it.

My reply is second post in that thread, basically telling him that the time travel rumor has more legs than that and pointing him to my speculation article about it, where I quote a few Blizzard folks.

That thread has nothing to do with the current article / leak, so not sure how it got inserted into this discussion.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 10:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    So I'm going to reopen this for the sake of discussion.

As for the rumor itself, I don't really comment on those usually but this is probably a lot of common sense/vague guess stuff thrown around to generate traffic.

You can't start your leaks with "I have photos and detailed descriptions" and tell me that Titan is going to be a game localized in multiple languages, where each region has its own song, and might be announced at Blizzcon. Oh and it's a MMO with an Auction House.

Yes, I'm pretty grumpy.
    I may not have expressed myself very clearly about this. When I said I have photos and descriptions, I was not implying about the game itself, but rather pictures that confirm what the source has told me about how and when he got the info. The pics have nothing to do with Titan.

Also, I realize the info is vague, I even mention this in the article (albeit at the end). This however makes perfect sense considering how this info has been obtained. I cannot say more about that, for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by Mynsc; 2013-04-03 at 07:44 PM.
    titanFocus.info -- news, predictions and place for discussion about Blizzard's upcoming next-gen MMO.

So is it a speculation article or an actual leak? Just to clarify that thread title.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    Nothing seems special about any of this. Probably just a hype-train message. About the only thing of note is Jay Wilson is on the team. I greatly dislike him for obvious reasons.
    Why? Let me guess? D3 Right? Too many people are mislead about Jay when it comes to that game. Bet you didnt know that it was because of Jay Wilson that the 1st idea design for Diablo 3 was scraped because if him. Awesome because is was shit. We would have gotten d3 sooner if it wasnt for him. A shit verson i wouldnt touch with a 12 foot barge pole. He does some awesome work. just too many nostalgia fags sad because it wasnt a D2 clone with more cotent ( Thank god )
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

15+ Year Old Account
    It is a leak. I have a source that I've verified as best as I could and that was extremely cooperative and has obtained info from official sources.
    Last edited by Mynsc; 2013-04-03 at 07:53 PM.
    titanFocus.info -- news, predictions and place for discussion about Blizzard's upcoming next-gen MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Richard A. Knaak on board as a writer? Not touching it with a 10 foot pole.

I really doubt that this is true. But we'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Do you have any actual specifics? Otherwise I'll probably just classify as speculation, there is nothing in there that is actually new or interesting, it's just old rumors bundled in together with known facts about MMORPGs or Blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    All I have is what I posted.

I understand your point, but if I were speculating or faking for attention, I can assure you that I would've managed to come up with more "interesting" stuff.

Tell your source that Boubouille doesn't believe you and ask for more specific information :O
    I mean unless it was Blizzards cleaning lady who just took a quick look at a billboard shouldn't your source know a bit more about the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not believing it until Blizzard says something.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Boatking View Post
    I would take all that with a big pinch of salt. The writer says they won't reveal their source because they promised them with anonymity, and then goes on to say that they don't know if the source is a he or a she, meaning they don't even know who their source is. Hmm.
    alright, don't know why, but this really bothers me. someone else posted the same thing on the original page to try and discredit the info. i mean, in my RL circles, when you want to remain ambivalent, you purposefully state "he, she" so you don't eliminate 50% of the anonymity. i mean, that is the whole idea of anonymity isn't it? using "he, she" does not in the slightest mean that the author doesn't even know if his source is a male or female. really, do people not do this around the country?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    So is it a speculation article or an actual leak? Just to clarify that thread title.
    It's a "leak" where some stuff has been proven to have been lied about. So we don't know what's true or not.

Sounds good, and how I expected it to be. Very interesting and exciting!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    I mean unless it was Blizzards cleaning lady who just took a quick look at a billboard shouldn't your source know a bit more about the game?
    Can't give any clear answer to this as it would already be giving too much info about him (could be a her too, but out of laziness I usually just use the male version), sorry. In the high chance that he was not pulling a very complex prank on me, giving out more info might screw him over, so I'd rather not be trusted than offer any other details on this. If somehow this will prove to be fake at any point in time, I'll be happy to offer all the details.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynsc View Post
    Can't give any clear answer to this as it would already be giving too much info about him, sorry. In the high chance that he was not pulling a very complex prank on me, giving out more info might screw him over, so I'd rather not be trusted than offer any other details on this. If somehow this will prove to be fake at any point in time, I'll be happy to offer all the details.
    No offense to you sir but I don't believe a word. I'll wait until Blizzard confirms. If you're right I will concede defeat.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi