Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Although I also recently quit WoW I gotta say, that's what you do in MMOs, and GW2 isn't pvp focused...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    I don't think it would happen, but it's the only time I think such a change could happen--a new game means a chance for a brand-new engine, and all of the possibilities that entails.
    I agree. I think Blizz understands their current server and system engine issues after almost 9 years and if they launch something new, they would want to make something so awesome, it would be like a big ole finger in the air to the haters who for years have been yelling about the issues in WoW, Diablo series, Starcraft series. This is their chance to tell all of those folks to kiss their ass cause this is the new and improved. Whether that would actually happen or not... maybe. They better be designing it with every other platform flaw in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    You would have loved Asheron's Call back in the day. I want all that too, along with decision and risk taking that leads to a better gaming experience.
    Totally miss Asheron's Call. My dad still plays it to this day, so it's still alive. I've gotten spoiled with todays graphics, so I doubt I could go back to it as it would feel very clunky.

However a new world, new story, new graphics, with the core gameplay and character progression of AC would be pretty freaking sweet.

Deleted
    I think OP, Blizzard is too scared to drastically change their game and tbh I dont blame them, they have a huge player base which they constantly hate to disappoint. If tomorrow Blizzard announced they were changing things upside down for the new expansion pack there would be complaints from here to high heaven of die hard fans who just want the same old expansion and WoW gameplay. On top of that why change something if it's still hugely successful? Only the players can make Blizzard change things by dropping out in large numbers and that doesn't seem to be happening.

If I was Blizzard I wouldn't try to create a new mmo IP with Titan, I would make World of Starcraft (or maybe Universe of Starcraft probably sounds better) and add an optional increase in subscription by 50% but let it include play time to both games. I think a Starcraft mmo setting would bring completely new aspects to mmo gameplay (it would have to as the current wow formula wouldn't work with it) which I think would please fans such as yourself but at the same time keep the same old formula for WoW which I severely doubt will change.
    Last edited by mmoc79cd15b503; 2013-04-03 at 09:13 PM.

Such a perfect example of today's society. Instead of being content that you have a great game with all the positives it has, you chose to think about what else you should get. Self-entitlement at its finest. I know this might come across as inflammatory, but c'mon.

I don't really get the point of this thread. I don't feel like WoW hasn't changed since Wrath at all. It's gotten significantly better with a lot of features added to it and it's a much better game now because of it.

Different strokes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I agree. I think Blizz understands their current server and system engine issues after almost 9 years and if they launch something new, they would want to make something so awesome, it would be like a big ole finger in the air to the haters who for years have been yelling about the issues in WoW, Diablo series, Starcraft series. This is their chance to tell all of those folks to kiss their ass cause this is the new and improved. Whether that would actually happen or not... maybe. They better be designing it with every other platform flaw in mind.
    People forget that they already are making a new engine. They're making it for Titan. Smart people would produce that engine and back end infrastructure in such a way that World of Warcraft could eventually be ported/hooked into that. That's wholly speculative but if I were Morhaime that would be one of the primary design parameters for a new engine.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-04-03 at 09:25 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    People forget that they already are making a new engine. They're making it for Titan. Smart people would produce that engine and back end processing in such a way that World of Warcraft could be eventually hooked into that. Blizzard is full of smart people. That's wholly speculative but if I were Morhaime that would be one of the primary design parameters for a new engine.
    Makes sense to have an engine that you could eventually merge your other games into.

I understand OP's point, but really there's not much you or I or anyone can do about it other than OP.

1) he's the one comparing. Nothing short of dealing with it is going to change that. You have to take the games for what they are and either play them or not. Let the games stand on their own. If you don't like them, leave.

2) I understand the same-old-same-old arguement, but as OP said, he's tried the new, and doesn't like it, thus what else does he expect. I understand the also from a raid aspect. Regardless of how you look at it or what the name of the boss move/spell/etc... is, it's still just "don't stand in fire", "stack/spread/stack/spread", (and if you think about it, the whole spread/stack thing is still "don't stand in fire, just everyone standing in one place that doesn't have fire.)

although I am curious as to what OP is talking about the info available on Titan when there hasn't been any.
    Last edited by anyaka21; 2013-04-03 at 09:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    If it looks promising, yet fails to deliver like GW2
    While you weren't looking GW2 went and became a smashing success. Currently every single US server has a Very High population and it's currently the 2nd most played MMO that xfire tracks.

Contrary to your belief, GW2 doesn't have to "snag some of the player base" from WoW in order to be successful (although I would say maybe 1/2 the people in my guild are ex-WoW players). Still there are players from Lineage, Aion, Swtor, Tera, etc. not to mention all the GW1 players plus who knows how many people that never even played an MMO before.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    While you weren't looking GW2 went and became a smashing success. Currently every single US server has a Very High population and it's currently the 2nd most played MMO that xfire tracks.

Contrary to your belief, GW2 doesn't have to "snag some of the player base" from WoW in order to be successful (although I would say maybe 1/2 the people in my guild are ex-WoW players). Still there are players from Lineage, Aion, Swtor, Tera, etc. not to mention all the GW1 players plus who knows how many people that never even played an MMO before.
    How many US servers does GW2 have? just curious.

It's a themepark mmo that focus's on raiding. It's not going to change from that. So don't expect it to become a sandbox, don't expect them to revamp the combat, don't expect the game to drastically change in direction. They might alter a few systems and improve the graphical quality of the game but that is about it. Take a break from the game a while and try other stuff. When you return then perhaps you'll be re-energized.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 04:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    While you weren't looking GW2 went and became a smashing success.
    Don't mind them, most people saying GW2 failed haven't played it and are just on the bandwagon of ''all new mmos fail because wow'' and don't even give new games a chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    24 US servers atm. They've added 3 since launch.

They do a stellar job of managing server populations, they even halted sales at one point to maintain a better experience for the current players.
    Valar morghulis

With Blizzard's recent trend of releases, I don't see Titan being that great tbh. Just a game everyone will try because it's Blizzard then we'll go back to WoW because that's what's familiar and what we've invested time into.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    and with the announcement of Titan and what new information there is coming from that,
    ...the hell?
    What new information? There is none.

Also, WoW is the most successful MMO in existence. Games like RIFT, GW2, LotRO, and even SWTOR are successful, and they have a fraction of subscribers, or for the F2P ones, people that play and pay for stuff ingame. Heck, LorRO launched an expansion awhile ago and RIFT just launched their own expansion.
    Last edited by Fiddlesnarf; 2013-04-03 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    ...the hell?
    What new information? There is none.
    just rumors and speculation, from apparently the gaming version of Deep Throat

There's not much else that can be done in MMOs without some kind of new technology or some very creative new mechanics. Although, I wouldn't mind if there were some kind of player housing... not much to be done with the art that's already in the game though =3

Oh there is a lot that can be done but WoW just isn't that type of game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    With Blizzard's recent trend of releases, I don't see Titan being that great tbh. Just a game everyone will try because it's Blizzard then we'll go back to WoW because that's what's familiar and what we've invested time into.
    Given that any future MMO's from Blizzard are still several years away and that Blizzard has been a very long time since releasing anything totally new that wasn't based on an old IP in one way or another, it's a bit odd to assume this. A fresh IP is likely to matter although impossible to say how much at this point.

WoW: Old.
    Starcraft: Old.
    Diablo: Old.

Even I, someone who generally likes their work, thinks they've already gone a couple of years too long without doing something new. If Blizzard is seeming to be a bit stale, that might be part of it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."