Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    ... is this all world of warcraft has to it now?
    OP to be quite frank, I feel like this past April Fool's fiasco is exactly what you can expect from Blizzard: Which is essentially the cropping out of the small things, pre-expac events, updated Holidays, quirky (April Fools) holiday stuff, etc.

They're shifting from "A-xyz-B-xyz-C-xyz" (Caps being major content, lowers being the small above mentioned stuff, if anyone can grasp that.) model for this game to what seems to be a strict "A-B-C" sort of design. I'm not going to speculate, at least not here, for risk of derailing, as to why that is, but for some reason or another that seems to be the general feel.

So at least you have something to set a benchmark with to gauge if you feel the game is worth it to you (until Titan it seems) personally, as well as others.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    What WoW needs IMO:

-Player Housing, Just make some excuse that the player's house is somewhere in the nether, or say it's a magical mini-house you can carry in your bag, like a retractable House-In-A-Box, goblin made. Using that item will just teleport you to an instanced house you can arrange..
    Has to be set up from the start to be meaningful. Players complained about the world being a ghost town, creating a reason for nobody to go into the world is detrimental to that. I understand the reservations for how to implement in WoW.

-Guild Housing/Ship/Airship? (also situated in an unspecified place, in an instance.)
    Same as above.

-Improved crafting systems that aren't as grindy and maybe have fast little fun minigames to them.
    Agree

-NEW MODELS FOR F SAKE!
    Probably a big feature for next expansion, sadly. Was hoping to see them during MoP.

-Improved phasing, just go wild with it.
    Double edged sword, has to be done right, but hasn't been used to its full potential at this point.

-Open PvP zone, like a combination of thoose in Outland and Wintergrasp (no ques for it, anyone can enter at anytime, even level 7's.), with fortresses wich could be destroyed, but then repaired by friendly players who gather resources around that zone to reinforce walls and build war machines (so that even players that are not good or are not well equipped to fight can help the war effort) This war zone should feature AA guns that kill any flying mount in the area. Maybe even make that zone a huge Cross-server zone, combining servers wich have big horde/alliance populations and making them fight eachother. (totally stole that from Guild wars!)
    Eh, maybe some would like it. All depends since players need some sort of reward to do PvP (despite claiming its fun for its own sake)

-Remove Wrist armor. Seriously, It's called GAUNTLETS, or long gloves! (cheese!)
    I guess, but doesn't really improve the game, it's sort of a minor complaint for you.

-More Alliance shizz, seriously, im sick of horde development while alliance just sits there and watches (maybe losing a town or two in the process of horde story development)
    Yeah, that'd be nice....not holding my breath.

-Scary, intimidating, active-trough-the-story, main villain. Deathwing, you flying over something, burning it, mate, its not enough. Sargeras, I'm looking up to you! I dont want to happily play trough half the expansion not knowing who the villain is, Mists of Pandaria.
    I want to get sabotaged, attacked, intimidated, in my every step trough the expansion, so when i finally kill the motherFer, i would be satisfied
    You pick up a book and expect to know the villain before the first chapter?
    I'd rather Blizzard play it close to the vest and have an intriguing story where we don't know who the villain is until midway through. MoP would have been better if they hadn't announced pre-launch "Garrosh is last boss, guys!"

You want to get sabotaged and attacked every step through the expansion, but expect countless failures and incompetence to be intimidating? Would work if you DON'T know who's behind the attacks, but you can't have both without just having Dr. Claw "I'll get you next time, Gadget" results.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2013-04-03 at 11:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    expect more people to quit with 5.3 pvp changes, gear equalisation is dumb, i dont cap points for 2 months just so i can go into BG and Arena just so i can get downgraded in ilvl.

Why does everyone have to be equal in the game, where is the fun in that
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Quote Originally Posted by Shifthappens View Post
    expect more people to quit with 5.3 pvp changes, gear equalisation is dumb, i dont cap points for 2 months just so i can go into BG and Arena just so i can get downgraded in ilvl.

Where's all that bark and bluster that the challenge of PvP is the unpredictability, the fact that the other player's skill instead of a scripted AI is your opponent? Oh, 2 shot the undergeared folks is lolz, that's where pvp is fun. Got it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're in full PvP gear, the "gear equalization" won't affect you at all. The scaling only affects items above the current Conquest items, which means only higher-level PvE items will get scaled down. And lower level items won't get scaled up, so you can still outgear people--just not people in full Conquest gear (which, if you were in full PvP gear, you wouldn't have been able to do before anyway).

Deleted
    Where's the fun in dinging 90, going in a bg and getting roflstomped by everyone else no matter how good you are at the game.

When did you start playing? Wrath at the latest right? So that's like 3+ years.

It's amazing how many threads swamp the forums day in and day out talking about this or that being wrong with WoW, but what 95% of them boil down to is that those people have been playing the game for a long time, and games get old. Even ones with constant content updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Because any truly good PvP game eliminates as many non-skill factors as possible.

Deleted
    Ever since WotLK? It's been more of less the same throughout it's existence. It's always the same formula. What you probably have noticed, as did I, is just how much of a routine everything is. Back in TBC, which was obviously the first expansion, you couldn't really tell what was going to be coming around the corner. But as things have progressed, everyone can tell what a new expansion will bring and then the guessing game is what the theme or gimmicks will be.

MMO's are a stupid and highly flawed genre, when it comes down to it. I don't know what you're expecting to get from people from this thread.
    Last edited by mmoc6dd45b8008; 2013-04-04 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Ever since WotLK? It's been more of less the same throughout it's existence. It's always the same formula. What you probably have noticed, as did I, is just how much of a routine everything is. Back in TBC, which was obviously the first expansion, you couldn't really tell what was going to be coming around the corner. But as things have progressed, everyone can tell what a new expansion will bring and then the guessing game is what the theme or gimmicks will be.
    Keep in mind that Vanilla and BC (pre 3.0) had a very different progression model than raids do now. In Vanilla gear was the most important it has ever been in the game. If you didn't have the right gear for the instance, you were useless. Acquiring gear was the hardest it has ever been back then. BC made gearing easier but attunements meant you needed to beat every tier to access the next, from normal mode 5 mans all the way to the end of T5. Every guild wasn't working on the same content like they are now. There were plenty of Kara, Gruul and loot reaver guilds, plenty of TK and SSC guilds. Only a select few were capable of BT and Hyjal because Kael'Thas and Vashj were brutal gatekeepers.

Once WotLK launched the game became what we know now, old raids redundant every content patch and each guild working on the same raid, just perhaps different difficulty versions of it.

If you're expecting MMO revolution from an engine and game that's 9+ years old, your expectations are unrealistic. Where WoW is currently will be where WoW is when it dies. Either play it or don't, but don't expect some massive transformation from its current Theme Park MMO status.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    What more do you want from a mmo RPG?
    That's being incredibly lazy.

To the OP - I do agree but let's see what happens next expansion. Most people are burned out from the same expansion every time with small changes. If they shake things up, the game might have a longer lifespan yet. Otherwise, I still expect it to do ok but will continue downhill.

Hope it's around for many years to come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    You would have loved Asheron's Call back in the day. I want all that too, along with decision and risk taking that leads to a better gaming experience. But I digress.

Being an MMO developer is a tough spot. You invariably need a lot of income, since so many are very expensive to create, and require far more maintenance than a single player title. And to 'break the mold' for lack of a better term, and create something where the players themselves, through interaction and conflict, are responsible for a lot of the content, requires buy-in from the players themselves. In other words, the worlds most amazing sandbox will be awful if it's not populated... and that's no easy feat.

Which is probably why you see so few gameplay risks being taken, and far more of a 'single player experience wrapped in an MMO giftbox' stance being offered these days.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 01:53 PM ----------

I ask the same thing every time I see a post stating that leveling takes too long.
    And to which I say.................Enter Elder Scrolls Online for all that

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    just rumors and speculation, from apparently the gaming version of Deep Throat
    I hope he's not referring to that "titan" post a month ago... the one saying it's a roman/greek/viking inspired RPG with Jay Wilson on the team... that's been revealed as a fraud apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    See above regarding Vanguard. I've not seen the diplomacy, player housing that actually creates the world's cities, weather patterns that persist through the world across zones and affect combat actually implemented in any MMOs.
    These are good ideas that could be expanded further. Did you think of these yourself?
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    These are good ideas that could be expanded further. Did you think of these yourself?
    no hes talkin about another MMO called Vanguard: https://www.vanguardthegame.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The first time around. The whole problem with this expansion is that it is ridiculously punitive towards alts.
    Nothing forces you to play alts.

WoW has always been WoW, they added Expansions, they didnt create a new game for every expansion, noone does...

Meaning of expansion (noun)
    form plural: expansions
    enlargement; increase; spread; development

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I kind of have been, infact I've taken part in all new features.. they just don't feel new really.
    Pet battles werent new?
    A single-player arena in an underground 'scene' is not new?

I guess I'm just not seeing what you're seeing.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Imo, WoW is way better and has a lot more stuff to do than in any other expansion. Throne of thunder is a great example of why WoW is and will be alive for at least 5 more years.