Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Raid Finder and its ridiculous drop rate

Hey fellows!
    So, Im sick of RF.
    502 items are good if u see my gear (im 496 atm) and Im TRYING to farm some 502 LFR gear...
    BUT, since it avaible, i've been killing all bosses and I got 2 items so far...
    Actually it was 3, but one was repeated and I desenchanted it...
    So, when will it work??
    If I dont farm tokens of bonus roll I will drop 2 items every month??
    Thanks blizz, to piss me off every week!

3IDs on 10m clear and I got 2 items

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not entitled to drops. I don't get this mentality lately. When I was still a 25 man raider I could go weeks without seeing an upgrade depending on drops and who needed it more/won the roll. Weeks. I remember in T11 how long it took to get my 2H mace from Magmaw.

The drops are fine. It takes a while to gear up through raiding; it always has. What incentive would you have to continuing to run LFR, getting your VP/gold if you got everything you needed the first day?

Yeah erm, no one cares.

Another LFR raider complaining about pixels, how novel.

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 05:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The drops are fine. It takes a while to gear up through raiding; it always has. What incentive would you have to continuing to run LFR, getting your VP/gold if you got everything you needed the first day?
    They would OBVIOUSLY do it to "experience the content" since its LFR's main goal, right?

I really wish these threads would stop.

It's like these people never ran a normal or heroic raid before where in some cases you had even less of a chance to get loot for actually putting effort into the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not entitled to drops. I don't get this mentality lately. When I was still a 25 man raider I could go weeks without seeing an upgrade depending on drops and who needed it more/won the roll. Weeks. I remember in T11 how long it took to get my 2H mace from Magmaw.

I remember raiding ZG for Zin'Rokh. for 6 months. Never saw it, and the one raid I missed, it dropped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    I really wish these threads would stop.

It's like these people never ran a normal or heroic raid before where in some cases you had even less of a chance to get loot for actually putting effort into the game.
    I remember BC bosses dropping 2-3 items for 25 players, fun times.

Never did get my tier 1 helm...

I love this whole thing. Well worded response Darsithis.
    Also nice to note that it does still take time to gear up in 25's. Yes sometimes you can be lucky with drops, if they favor one roll (council dropped all tank items not counting tokens this week for us) but sometimes it really can take ages to gear.
    I didn't get any gear from ToT normal until this week, I got Horridon's cloak, and Tortos's neck. Along with a few minor upgrades from LFR (legs, tier chest, and crafted boots) I got a sudden jump in gear. Although for all I know, I could not be lucky with what drops and not see Ji-Kun's trink for weeks once we kill it (which is why I hope tokens favor me ^.^)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    LOL yah um op, I got my sha touched weapon, then que'd the the first wing of TOT lfr, and got a dagger straight off, it's all a roll of the dice bro...you never know how it's gonna land. But now we have increasing chance as fail rolls happen, so sooner or later...something has to give. Chill out, you're stressing over the uncontrollable. I only say it b/c it was my turn last patch for that. Yup, it's miserable when you feel held back by luck. But you know....they can't all be winners, or where would be the joy in FINALLY GETTING THE LOOT YOU NEEDED! YAY!
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account

Back when i raided 25mans in wrath i went 10 weeks without any drops because i didn't need them as bad as other people. Why can't people just be happy to see content that most couldn't see before with LFR. You have just as much chance at loot as you have had for the last 8 years i don't see where the problem is at. Hell even in DS i didn't get my Heroic DW bow untill the 2nd last week before mop and we first killed it right before the 5% nerf that is months and months of not getting anything then i got the bow from MSV first kill in the first week the raid was out. Its all just chance.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-04-04 at 06:51 AM.
    Aye mate

Although I agree with the sentiment that these threads are pointless, I do really get a braincramp from people saying: but LFR is to see content... aren't you happy with that??

WoW and other MMO's are based on improving ones character. Loot is a way to improve ones character. It is incredibly frustrating if you play for months on end without seeing anything drop that you can use. Strange thing is that when I did raid 25 mans, I would not bitch about loot either. It was part of the game and I was happy to see others in my guild get stuff before myself.

But LFR is a "game" purely for yourself. You are not there to "gear up the raid". And after seeing "the content" one or two times, you have seen the content. So what is left? Oh .... golly gee... it must be .... /drums ..... LOOT?!?

And yes while in LFR, loot is what people care (usually - I say this cause I can already hear some people typing like mad to say they do not do LFR for loot) most about in LFR, to improve oneself. Is that really so suprising.

Again, I don't understand the bitching that much. Well I can understand one feels let down by the god of RNG, but to come here to bitch about it, goes too far imo and will result in nothing.

Deleted

This mentality is so old. Why? Because the game has changed now. We no longer have 5 man heroics to give new and returning players a step up in the gearing process. All this has been merged into LFR.

Whilst I know that 5.0 LFR drop rates were buffed, the gear is shit. For a player to stand a chance in getting into a guild running ToT they pretty much need full 502 gear. Yes, they can get it from the nerfed 5.0 heroic content, but lets be honest, finding a pug, getting into a pug and finding a pug that will clear 16/16hc is not so easy.

Simple solution, that pretty much confirms my status as the king of obvious solutions:

Buff ToT LFR Drop rates.
    Add LFR Thunderforged items, low chance to drop.

Solves 2 issues. Makes LFR the loot pinatta Blizzard have forced it to be, and gives players a reason to carry on running it for the chance at getting Thunderforged upgrades in the future.
    Last edited by mmocbd02567a48; 2013-04-04 at 07:09 AM.

Deleted
    In tbc, when we used DKP, i joined the guild late, so i started with 0 DKP. i raided 2.1 with getting maybe 3 items.. Don't be spoiled, gear will come....

You also seem to forget that you're also getting Rep and VP that will give you access to Item Level 522 items to buy. Honestly, I run LFR on three characters, and it can be hell. Sure, I'd like a lot more to drop. One of my characters didn't get full tier bonus last tier. Chance is random though. An alt I started half-way with got all 5 pieces quickly.

At any rate, this time it comes with the Shado-Pan Assault rep for much higher VP as an extra bonus, and 5.3 will even implement technology to prevent bad luck streaks from going on to long. Really, I don't think there's grounds for complaints

Cleared every ID + oondasta every week includinh this one. Nothing. Nix. Zero. Null. Nada.

And you guys complain about receiving only 1 or 2 items...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cocobello View Post
    3IDs on 10m clear and I got 2 items
    5 IDs on 10m and 4 weeks of LFR and I only got a 422 waist from the trashmobs.
    I love ToT, but this bad luck is pissing me off... I'm 10 ilvl behind our MT with the same amount of kills.

I do feel like the new lfr droprate is extremley low, at least for me. In the other hand I have guildies who get 4/6 drops, so yea RNG.

you have a 15% chance to get loot which in my opinion is fine.