Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Q: Was Sinestra also "just a bonus"?
    Obviously.

On a more serious note, though, as I understand it, Sinestra was always intended to be the 'final boss' anyway, whereas Ra-den's role isn't quite that.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    It doesn't matter for shit what ranking system wowprogress uses, intelligent people are able to analyze the race themselves without looking at the order at wowprogress and taking it at face value.

The admin of wowprogress chooses some algorithm for ranking, mostly based on just hoping to be lucky enough that it makes sense at the end. In some cases (such as this tier) it gets changed mid-progress. Just enjoy the race, enjoy the swift updates and good website functionality of wowprogress and use your own brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Obviously.

On a more serious note, though, as I understand it, Sinestra was always intended to be the 'final boss' anyway, whereas Ra-den's role isn't quite that.
    *Points at the realm first achievement a third time*

They put it on Ra-den for a reason.

Even the smallest no-name "server first" race uses this as the end-point for every teir/instance, much less the "world first".
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2013-04-03 at 06:49 PM.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

Algalon was considered progression, Sinestra was considered progression and Ra-Den will be considered progression. So long as it gives an achievement, a realm first guild FOS and a completion on wowprogress, heroic-only bosses will always be progression. Now you can argue all day about what Blizzard meant when they said "optional" but if any of you are in a guild that is even somewhat serious about heroic progression you better get used to the idea that progression won't stop with H Lei Shen.

It seems there's been a 10 man Lei Shen kill in China. Now, apparently the 10 man HP and damage isn't increased as it is on 25 man for Asian servers (which was to offset the significantly higher item levels there) so it's not really comparable. The guild themselves said that the kill wasn't a big deal as it was low difficulty, and they were primarily doing it to get 10 man access to Ra-Den so they could test things out there, to then take that knowledge back to 25 man, as well as getting extra loot and thunderforged items (remember on Asia servers 10 and 25 are separate lockouts).

wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post

On topic, I haven't seen Method/Blood Legion tell how many wipes they spent on Lei Shen. Have I missed the information?
    Affinitii said on his stream last night that Blood Legion took 449 attempts to get Lei-Shen down.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Ra'den is just a bonus boss. Lei Shen was the bad guy in this tier, and it fell down already.
    Ra'den will propably fall when raids are in full bis gear, perhaps even after valor upgrade returns in 5.3 to give them even more DPS.
    It will be like heroic elite protectors of the endless. It went down way after sha of fear but did somebody cared? I remember top 3 for sha of fear hc, i don't even know who killed protectors HC elite world first.
    Hmm No. Ra'den is different to Heroic Protectors Elite. Ra'den is on par with Algalon and Sinestra, a lot of people will care when he dies.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 10:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Theiea View Post
    Affinitii said on his stream last night that Blood Legion took 449 attempts to get Lei-Shen down.
    I doubt that. It took them 12 days between Consorts and the kill. Another week of reset and they can only pull him 449 times in that window?

Quote Originally Posted by Delhunt View Post
    I doubt that. It took them 12 days between Consorts and the kill. Another week of reset and they can only pull him 449 times in that window?
    Between breaks, strategizing, time to rez, replacements, run back, etc, lets say 15 minutes per pull, that's 110+ hours of attempts on Lei Shen alone. Throw in another 10 hours or so worth of farm for the reset and you're looking at 120 hours of raiding over 12 days.

"Only" raiding 10 hours a day?

Quote Originally Posted by Delhunt View Post
    They were raiding long yes. But they weren't raiding THAT LONG. Still that is close to 40 attempts a day. And when each attempt is around 10min you're looking at close to 7 hours a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
    They were raiding long yes. But they weren't raiding THAT LONG. Still that is close to 40 attempts a day. And when each attempt is around 10min you're looking at close to 7 hours a day.
    not each attempt is around 10 mins. i would lower the average.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now hopefully, someone can release a kill video.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloodanis View Post
    Damn casuals and their vending machines. Back in my day, We had to go all the way from Orgrimmar to Desolace to pick up chips from the store. we had to do an extensive attunement quest to get into the store and we had to assemble 39 other people to fight the many other trash mobs, i mean trash food, to get to the chip isle. Oh and most of us couldn't even afford our epic car mount to drive there, we had to settle for our 60% bike mounts.

Method is waiting on 2 more guilds now.

STARS (China) has also downed 10 men Heroic Lei Shen few hours ago. Asian 2nd 10 men heroic kill right after Style.

Average ilvl for STARS is about ilvl529. Due to raider's pride, they didn't use any 25H gear (+8 ilvl) in their kill.

STYLE on the other hand, has 2 weeks of 25 men 11/13H gear, and hence have an much higher ilvl.

Nonetheless, let's hope to see some kill video soon.
    Last edited by Exodus_The_Mage; 2013-04-04 at 02:31 AM.

gratz exsorsus and obscure eastern guilds!

Экзорсус (Exorsus) got the World 3rd kill on 25 man Lei Shen. Their kill shot looks like they used 3 Tank and 6 Healer?

Deleted
    Hah Method, better release your video before Exorsys do!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by laserguns View Post
    Hah Method, better release your video before Exorsys do!
    Yeah we don't want something like what happened with the dark animus vids... oh lord

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Although I'm sure we all want to see videos, if they deem Ra-den as important as they claim to end the race, I'd be hesitant in their shoes to release a video until Ra-den died, that way there's less competition on the boss. But yes I would like to see one of the most hardest bosses (if not the hardest?) ever devised.

Personally as someone who is working on Lei Shen, I hope there are no videos out until Ra-Den dies. It's really nice having so much progression time without a video. I do expect we'll see one this week though.