Thread: Ra-Den?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ra-Den?

I haven't heard anything, not a peep about Heroic Ra-Den. Has anyone made progress? Is he tuned like C'thun before nerfs where he is pretty much impossible?

the people who are trying won't leak anything about it until they succeed. you will not hear anything about ra-den until someone kills him.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm quite happy with just how long it's taking guilds to down him, I guess Blizzard weren't kidding when they said it will be something alts might not get to see.

(Bolded so people don't read wrong)

Deleted
    Appearantly it's just a massive gearcheck and Paragon can't kill it yet due to just that, they lack gear.
    Don't pin me down on that because it's just what I heard.

10+ Year Old Account
    from what i got, from streams he not br as bad as Lei Shen heroic. But with limit attempts doesn't lead to alot of error's in figuring him out! took like 130 wipe's to get Lei Shen

10+ Year Old Account
    ToT has been a succes, I'm Glad it has been!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jdfrost View Post
    from what i got, from streams he not br as bad as Lei Shen heroic. But with limit attempts doesn't lead to alot of error's in figuring him out! took like 130 wipe's to get Lei Shen
    LOL pretty sure Paragon and Method had more than 130 wipes on Lei shen... 130 wipes is something a guild raiding 16h per day can produce on a single day... and they tryed that boss for 7 days! Blood Legion even needed 10 days i'm sure they had something like 600 wipes.

Only 4 guilds are at that boss now. So, I would say strats are being kept secret. Though I could see some misinfo to be release that could cause an insto wipe.

130 wipes on Heroic Lei Shen has got to be one of the silliest things I've ever read.

I would put the number of pulls on lei-shen for the first 10man kill at around 700 and for the 25m kill from method about 1000.

Deleted
    Blizzard said that Ra-den is easier than Lei Shen HC, but has limited attempts to cover that up.

Who cares? It's a part of the game 99% of the players will never see. Why should we pay it even a speck of attention?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Blizzard said that Ra-den is easier than Lei Shen HC, but has limited attempts to cover that up.
    I need some proof that they said this, otherwise *I* remember them saying he was the hardest boss in the game and had limited attempts to prevent guilds endlessly attacking him thousands of times until they just landed a lucky attempt and got the kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    I need some proof that they said this, otherwise *I* remember them saying he was the hardest boss in the game and had limited attempts to prevent guilds endlessly attacking him thousands of times until they just landed a lucky attempt and got the kill.
    The original post from Watcher is not on wow forums anymore but here is a 3rd party site that quoted it: http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/02/17/ra...ited-attempts/

The important part:

"I'd also really like to emphasize that Ra-den is a true bonus boss. Lei Shen is the final boss of Throne of Thunder, just as Yogg-Saron was the final boss of Ulduar. Lei Shen offers an epic challenge, and should feel like the pinnacle of the zone as a whole. Ra-den is your reward if you manage to beat the zone on its hardest difficulty -- he's a bonus level. And sometimes the rules are a bit different on those."

"When I say that Ra-den is a "bonus boss" I'm not saying he's optional. Of course I know there's no such thing as an optional boss in progression, and people are very much going to count him as part of the progression race. But if you think back to Algalon, he actually wasn't that complicated, or that hard. Firefighter, Freya with 3 Keepers, or Yogg-1 required you to learn and coordinate far more than Algalon. Algalon literally had three mechanics to deal with for the entire fight, and in practice most guilds killed him in around 3 hours or a couple dozen attempts. It's just that they were tuned tightly numbers-wise, and the one-hour weekly limit turned what would have otherwise been a single night of progression into three or four weeks. Heroic Lei Shen is a harder and more complex fight than Ra-den, and I'm not going to claim otherwise. Ra-den is just different; he's a bit of a mystery, and something we haven't tried in a while."

Regarding your post and alts:

"Regarding alts: To engage Heroic Lei Shen, you must have killed 11/12 bosses on Heroic in that lockout. To engage Ra-den, you must have killed Heroic Lei Shen in that lockout. I'm incredibly skeptical that anyone is going to manage that with multiple alt clears in parallel, both due to gear disparity and because doing so would mean forfeiting much of the ability to optimize raid composition for progression on the hardest fights."

So it's not that Ra-den is ridiculously difficult to prevent alt raids getting it down, it's that Lei Shen is.
    Last edited by edlike; 2013-04-04 at 04:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edlike View Post
    "snip"
    You had a small thing stating that Ra-den would need less attempts then Lei Shen, which is mostly true due to the limited attempts system.

For Lei Shen progression- guilds pull in wipe after wipe without any sort of character improvement, waiting for that one RNG pull where they had 10% more crits on Lei Shen, and heals crit 20% more compared to the average. The only time their character improves is when the raid resets weekly, otherwise, its a rush zerg in the hopes of having lucky RNG to put out the numbers that thier gear just can't quite provide yet.

For Ra-den progression- guilds plan the 30 wipes. Sometimes they have new strats to see if they can deal with a mechanic thats troubling easier. Either way, if they don't get it done, they come back in next week with a full clear of heroic gear, giving them more health, damage, and healing. We will probably see a kill within the 4th week, as thats generally the amount of time it takes for ppl to start getting in full BiS gear.

Thus, where guilds put in multiple hundreds of wipes on Lei Shen in looking for that RNG pull to overcome gear differences, Ra-den, guilds put in 30 good pulls a week, and then come back later with more gear. If Ra-den IS tightly numbers tuned, then what is most likely going on is, week 1, 15 wipes are spent learning the mechanics. After that, they get him down about to 70% health, and then wipe due to healing issues. Week 2, 30 wipes with him getting to around 50% health. Week 3, 30 wipes with him getting to about 30% health. Week 4, a kill most likely incoming, maybe guilds wipe with him close to death. If nothing comes in week 4, week 5 will be a kill for sure by my estimation. If not, then Ra-den IS harder the Lei Shen in terms of numbers.
    Last edited by Raugnaut; 2013-04-04 at 04:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Who cares? It's a part of the game 99% of the players will never see. Why should we pay it even a speck of attention?
    Because we have a different opinion than you and enjoy this.

Don't go into a thread just to bash a discussion on something we enjoy. I know your stance on raiding in MOP very well.

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 04:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    I remember them saying Ra-den was easier, too, but I need to figure out where they said it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    You had a small thing stating that Ra-den would need less attempts then Lei Shen, which is mostly true due to the limited attempts system.

For Lei Shen progression- guilds pull in wipe after wipe without any sort of character improvement, waiting for that one RNG pull where they had 10% more crits on Lei Shen, and heals crit 20% more compared to the average. The only time their character improves is when the raid resets weekly, otherwise, its a rush zerg in the hopes of having lucky RNG to put out the numbers that thier gear just can't quite provide yet.

For Ra-den progression- guilds plan the 30 wipes. Sometimes they have new strats to see if they can deal with a mechanic thats troubling easier. Either way, if they don't get it done, they come back in next week with a full clear of heroic gear, giving them more health, damage, and healing. We will probably see a kill within the 4th week, as thats generally the amount of time it takes for ppl to start getting in full BiS gear.
    I am in no position to argue this point from my own experience. I was simply providing the source where Watcher/Blizz said Ra-den is "not as hard" as Lei Shen, as requested by Anjerith.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Jumping into a thread to scream how much you don't care shows the opposite.

Didn't Paragon pull Lei Shen more than 300 times before they got a kill? Even if Ra-Den isn't harder than Lei Shen, they can only pull Ra-Den 30 times a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Meleti View Post
    Didn't Paragon pull Lei Shen more than 300 times before they got a kill? Even if Ra-Den isn't harder than Lei Shen, they can only pull Ra-Den 30 times a week.
    I'm pretty sure it was much more than that, but I've been wrong before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.